ADVERTISEMENT

Kocher family

Wrestle44

Prep
Apr 7, 2017
I wanted to reply to the last thread about this but I see it was already deleted. If it is true that Matt was really let go and is unemployed with no health insurance for his family and sick wife, is there something we can do? Can we share the gofundme page again? Can we put a call out to alumni to help him find a job? I know everyone wants to move forward with the new staff and not talk about this ugly situation but it doesn't seem right. Matt is one of us and we shouldn't turn our back if he is really in need. How can we help?

https://www.gofundme.com/help-support-the-kocher-family

It appears he just recently completed his MBA. As hard as it must be for him to give up something he was deeply interwoven with - Keith & Drew are here and his family is calling. I'm that much more impressed he was balancing school with coaching & family.

He's not a guy who's going to get lost in the shuffle - he's got an undeniable presence about him.

I'm sure the University didn't just cut his health insurance. There has to be a severance package or something like that. Regardless, I agree everyone who is able should donate to the gofundme.

Coach Kocher is a great guy but everyone around the program knew he was not all in the last few years. He was pretty open about his desire to get his MBA and move on from wrestling. In the end this is will most likely be best for parties.

Cobra benefits only allow you to keep the same insurance to avoid pre existing conditions. The insurance for 18 months is not paid for however. It may cost $1500 a month or more.

Some of you guys have no clue what you're talking about and your ignorance just perpetuates an incorrect negative perception of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT