ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Fitzgerald on Pitt and Pickett

Fitzgerald also believes Pitt will continue to be in good shape, despite the changing landscape of college football. Fitzgerald said, “The Pitt tradition and the university are in position to be successful for a very long time because of guys like Coach Narduzzi doing it the right way.”

Ahhhhhh……What’s he know? The real experts are on this board….

Reactions: pittdan77
Fitzgerald also believes Pitt will continue to be in good shape, despite the changing landscape of college football. Fitzgerald said, “The Pitt tradition and the university are in position to be successful for a very long time because of guys like Coach Narduzzi doing it the right way.”

Ahhhhhh……What’s he know? The real experts are on this board….
One of the Top 3 receivers I have ever seen play.

Former Pitt star and NFL Legend Larry Fitzgerald is enjoying his retirement from the NFL.. never good journalism to start an article with something that is not true (unless I am wrong but I do not believe he has announced his retirement yet) in the very first sentence...

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Former Pitt star and NFL Legend Larry Fitzgerald is enjoying his retirement from the NFL.. never good journalism to start an article with something that is not true (unless I am wrong but I do not believe he has announced his retirement yet) in the very first sentence...

he did. he never did after the 2020 season.

That was a tremendous segment. The newer, young lady Ch 11 sports anchor emphasized the Pitt connection throughout the interview multiple times. Goes without question that wouldn’t have been the case if it were GuyPa, StanPa, or that little bald wiener Kris Bends
I’ve watched her before and she does a good job.

So that would be a no on being retired. Semantics not withstanding...

I really don't know. he isn't eligible for canton until 5 years of retirement. does 2021 count b/c he didn't play?

he had a radio show with tom Brady every Monday night last fall (Jim gray was the host). gray asked him about it a few times. he hinted that maybe he'd come back if the cards needed him at some point. but it didn't sound like anything serious. I'm not sure why he wouldn't say he's retired at this point b/c no one is going to sign him, anyway. for all purposes, he's retired. but I don't know if that matters for HOF voting.

I really don't know. he isn't eligible for canton until 5 years of retirement. does 2021 count b/c he didn't play?

he had a radio show with tom Brady every Monday night last fall (Jim gray was the host). gray asked him about it a few times. he hinted that maybe he'd come back if the cards needed him at some point. but it didn't sound like anything serious. I'm not sure why he wouldn't say he's retired at this point b/c no one is going to sign him, anyway. for all purposes, he's retired. but I don't know if that matters for HOF voting.
Same as with Brady. It’s gotta be tough to give it up especially when you are/were the best as both of them were (and didn’t really ever drop off much).

Same with AD toying with retirement; it was easy enough to say, but he undoubtedly couldn’t bear the concept of flipping the switch for good. I figure that putting that pen to paper would be the toughest action Fitz can contemplate and he must still not be able to face it. He earned that IMO.

Fortunately I’m merely competent, with occasional flashes of above-average, in my career, so I’ll have no such inner turmoil doing it 😄

Reactions: pitt90seven
Same as with Brady. It’s gotta be tough to give it up especially when you are/were the best as both of them were (and didn’t really ever drop off much).

Same with AD toying with retirement; it was easy enough to say, but he undoubtedly couldn’t bear the concept of flipping the switch for good. I figure that putting that pen to paper would be the toughest action Fitz can contemplate and he must still not be able to face it. He earned that IMO.

Fortunately I’m merely competent, with occasional flashes of above-average, in my career, so I’ll have no such inner turmoil doing it 😄

jerry rice is the ultimate example. or Ricky Henderson if you're a baseball fan. two guys were top notch but had to be torn away. if Larry is in that group, so be it. but tom Brady is not. TB would start on almost all teams this season. Larry wouldn't get a contract. it's fine if he's not ready to admit it. but he's a smart and centered dude. not sure why he doesn't want to move on to the next phase.

jerry rice is the ultimate example. or Ricky Henderson if you're a baseball fan. two guys were top notch but had to be torn away. if Larry is in that group, so be it. but tom Brady is not. TB would start on almost all teams this season. Larry wouldn't get a contract. it's fine if he's not ready to admit it. but he's a smart and centered dude. not sure why he doesn't want to move on to the next phase.
I frankly don’t think Larry could play at a solid level anymore either, but the beauty is that there are several terrible NFL organizations that routinely make bad decisions (cough, Cleveland, cough Detroit, cough NYJ, cough Jacksonville). So I’d bet he’d get a contract if he really wanted one.

Wayne Gretzky and Jerry rice jump out at me as hanging on a few years too long.

One of the Top 3 receivers I have ever seen play.
Honestly the best I've ever seen. He could high point a ball like nobody else and his body was big enough to shield/block out defenders. The catch he made against Texas A&M while he was triple teamed is the best combat catch I've ever seen.

Honestly the best I've ever seen. He could high point a ball like nobody else and his body was big enough to shield/block out defenders. The catch he made against Texas A&M while he was triple teamed is the best combat catch I've ever seen.
That catch at A&M was unbelievable.

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and Larry Fitzgerald - That’s my list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT