ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Harris

Pitt5593

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Best jump shooter at Pitt since 1960. if he played with a three point line, he would’ve averaged close to 25 points a game if not more.

Second best would have to be Billy Knight. So smooth. Also a great jumper.

Third would be a race between Jason Matthews and Ronald Ramon. Good shooters, but not in the class of the two above.

Reactions: Kaywood105
Best jump shooter at Pitt since 1960. if he played with a three point line, he would’ve averaged close to 25 points a game if not more.

Third would be a race between Jason Matthews and Ronald Ramon. Good shooters, but not in the class of the two above.
Harris was a really good one. He was about 6’6” and had a VERY high release on his shot. So he could get get it off over the top of defenders.

A couple more real good jump shooters: Clyde Vaughn; the late Tom Richards (didn’t shoot a bunch because it wan’t his role on the team, but he could make them). Kent Scott could shoot it, too. He was a SR when Billy Knight was a SOPH They were also before the 3 point line.

Reactions: Pitt5593
Harris was a really good one. He was about 6’6” and had a VERY high release on his shot. So he could get get it off over the top of defenders.

A couple more real good jump shooters: Clyde Vaughn; the late Tom Richards (didn’t shoot a bunch because it wan’t his role on the team, but he could make them). Kent Scott could shoot it, too. He was a SR when Billy Knight was a SOPH They were also before the 3 point line.
Clyde Vaughn’s the name that jumped out at me as an omission when reading the original post.

Reactions: jctrack
Billy Knight was really a pure jump shooter, had a long pro career. I admit I didn’t see as much of
Harris and I know he was very good. Did he play much pro ball ?

Billy Knight was really a pure jump shooter, had a long pro career. I admit I didn’t see as much of
Harris and I know he was very good. Did he play much pro ball ?
Knight had a better overall game. In college, excellent rebounder and good defender. In the NBA, he played SF. He average 20 a game in his best years. Again, great shooter.

Harris did not have overall game to play in the NBA. Had nothing more than a cup of coffee.

Jason Maile has to there too.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty

Agree on Kent Scott.
And he seemed like he was all elbows and knees!
Go Pitt.

Knight had a better overall game. In college, excellent rebounder and good defender. In the NBA, he played SF. He average 20 a game in his best years. Again, great shooter.

Harris did not have overall game to play in the NBA. Had nothing more than a cup of coffee.
Billy Knight is the best player in Pitt bball history followed by Charlie Smith. Everyone and anyone else after them are a distant 3rd, 4th, etc.

Rod Brookin and Sean Miller too…

Reactions: Black Panther

Curtis Aiken too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT