Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
Go to Pitt ticket office website

click on single game tickets

Type in “MBSTR23” at top promo code section

Click on NC State Game

$25 for Uppers
$40 for Lowers

We assume last home game. Could have NIT game. But cmon folks, Hinson going out…

Agreed. Good game start time of 7:45 for both families and college students.

Go to Pitt ticket office website

click on single game tickets

Type in “MBSTR23” at top promo code section

Click on NC State Game

$25 for Uppers
$40 for Lowers

Remember when I said the Pete is too big? Honestly, I fully expected this game to sell out. NCAAT on the line. Senior Night. Saturday night. I think we sold out Miami and Syracuse last year so not sure why this would be any different. We usually get good Saturday crowds. The Zoo excuse isnt one. They are selling those seats so you mean you cant find 500 adults willing to pay $45 for amazing seats for this?

Pitt also has to completely revamp how they do season tickets. They keep "discounting" these single game tickets because the regular price is sky high to protect season ticket holders. There are some sections where season tickets are a good value but others where you'd have to be basically insane to purchase at that price. As a season ticket holder, I dont mind them discounting to help fill the place but it also makes me question why I buy season tickets because single games through Pitt or Stubhub/Seat Geek are cheaper.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Any time you don’t have the students in session it’s going to have an impact. Nothing you can do about that. Hopefully we get a great walk up crowd for a Saturday night game and Senior night. I’ll be there. My kid who’s always there won’t be. Spring Break.

Any time you don’t have the students in session it’s going to have an impact. Nothing you can do about that. Hopefully we get a great walk up crowd for a Saturday night game and Senior night. I’ll be there. My kid who’s always there won’t be. Spring Break.

It has an impact but it shouldn't be an issue to find an extra 500 people to go to a game like this.

I’d want to party Friday Night, go to the game Saturday, party some more after the game, and then go home Sunday. A road trip for Spring Break would follow shortly after that.

Dude. Calm down. There will be plenty of people there.
There are a lot of empty seats right now and the game is 2 days away. The number one topic in Pittsburgh sports should be the Pitt Game on Saturday. You are right. I probably should calm down, but Hinson is an incredible ambassador for this University and deserves nothing less than a raucous send off.

Looked at the seating chart. They arent selling tickets in 211, 212, 217, 218. Is this because those are IC Light sections? Or do they just feel they cant sell them so they are forcing everyone into fewer sections, which is smart. For the casual yinzer who doesnt get Pitt ticket discount emails, $70 for a lower corner seat is an absolutely outrageous price. There's a reason they have to discount it to $40 but not everyone realizes that.

Looked at the seating chart. They arent selling tickets in 211, 212, 217, 218. Is this because those are IC Light sections? Or do they just feel they cant sell them so they are forcing everyone into fewer sections, which is smart. For the casual yinzer who doesnt get Pitt ticket discount emails, $70 for a lower corner seat is an absolutely outrageous price. There's a reason they have to discount it to $40 but not everyone realizes that.

You would think that someone who goes to the games all the time and has for years would know that they never sell the seats in 217 and 218 to the general public, because those are student sections. And they haven't been selling the seats in 211 and 212 because they have used those as student overflow sections.

Reactions: FireballZ
You would think that someone who goes to the games all the time and has for years would know that they never sell the seats in 217 and 218 to the general public, because those are student sections. And they haven't been selling the seats in 211 and 212 because they have used those as student overflow sections.

A few corrections.

They have used 217 as student overflow since The Pete opened, not 218. And beyond the first couple years, the decision to use 217 as student overflow was really "there is no demand to sell any of these seats as season tickets so we'll call it student overflow" since 217 would only have students in it for 1-2 games per year.

I did notice students in those other sections for the Duke game. That Duke game had to have set the record for the largest student attendance. The line to get in stretched to the dental school and they even had them sitting in the 100 level lower endzone. But, again, that was because they couldn't sell those seats. It wasnt some grand gesture of appreciation to the students.

So what you are telling me is that 211, 212, 217, and 218 will be completely empty for this game since Pitt is literally blocking them off from being sold? I think that's a good idea if you cant sell them since it puts more people in fewer sections but WTF is up with the demand for this game? Even when you look at the secondary market, the prices arent super like weeknight games but they are much lower than ND and Louisville. I couldn't make those games and was shocked by the good price I got for my tickets. Much bigger demand for those games.

So what you are telling me is that 211, 212, 217, and 218 will be completely empty for this game since Pitt is literally blocking them off from being sold?

Unless they come close to selling out the rest of the building, yeah. Obviously so.

Well, either that or Blake Hinson, Will Jeffress and KJ Marshall have huge families and those sections are all being reserved for them, one or the other.

Pitt stinks at athletic marketing. They need to hire the firm of SMF and JD76. We’d have that building packed.

Unless they come close to selling out the rest of the building, yeah. Obviously so.

Well, either that or Blake Hinson, Will Jeffress and KJ Marshall have huge families and those sections are all being reserved for them, one or the other.

I bet those are baseline club seats and they are filled. I cant imagine that in a game like this, they are going to have 4 sections completely empty. That's 1000 seats. Then you look at the rest of the arena and there's a few thousand unsold. Pitt needs to do better than this.

the crowds have definitely increased as the year has gone on & the team has played better. Tuesday night was pretty bad but the students were great. Now we need the general public to come thru with the Zoo on spring break & fill the place up

Pitt stinks at athletic marketing. They need to hire the firm of SMF and JD76. We’d have that building packed.

I'd have season tickets sold out for real. I'd make them super cheap and take a loss for a couple years and gradually start increading. Need to build the fanbase back up.

Price levels (including donation)

1. $150 worst upper deck seats
2. $250 better upper deck seats
3. $350 worst lowers
4. $450 better lowers
5. $550 good lowers, non-clubs
6. $750 worst clubs
7. $1000 better clubs
8. $1500 best clubs

I'd have season tickets sold out for real. I'd make them super cheap and take a loss for a couple years and gradually start increading. Need to build the fanbase back up.

3. $350 worst lowers
4. $450 better lowers
6. $750 worst clubs
7. $1000 better clubs
8. $1500 best clubs
You are on the right track, but you need to increase those prices. We have won enough over the last 2 years to bring interest back, but they need to do a better job of marketing.

You are on the right track, but you need to increase those prices. We have won enough over the last 2 years to bring interest back, but they need to do a better job of marketing.

Increase maybe slightly but the #1 goal has to be sell out The Pete. I dont care if its at cheap prices. Sell it out, bring people back, then start increasing annually.

I believe they'll be doing a reseating of the Pete after the 2024-2025 season. Not sure if the timing is good or bad tbh.

They should do it after this season and strike while the iron is hot.
We may think "hot" but I'm not sure - there have been plenty of empty seats in our section 108 ALL season long. In fact the seats next to us have been empty except for the UNC and Duke games. 🤷‍♀️

We may think "hot" but I'm not sure - there have been plenty of empty seats in our section 108 ALL season long. In fact the seats next to us have been empty except for the UNC and Duke games. 🤷‍♀️
2 straight twenty win seasons, winning 2 NCAA games last year, and hopefully making it again this year. That’s about as hot as one can realistically expect.

Pitt needs to get the word out and market season tickets more.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
2 straight twenty win seasons, winning 2 NCAA games last year, and hopefully making it again this year. That’s about as hot as one can realistically expect.

Pitt needs to get the word out and market season tickets more.
Agree!

But both of these last 2 years were slow burns - not a lot of preseason hype even if they over achieved. And for whatever reason the ACC has fallen out of favor with the national media which also does not help locally.

It may seem incongruous to us here, but they need to grab the more casual fan which is certainly running up hill at this point.

3. $350 worst lowers
4. $450 better lowers
6. $750 worst clubs
7. $1000 better clubs
8. $1500 best clubs

Devaluing your product is never a good idea. Never made a difference with football tickets and won't with basketball either.

You don't create market interest with cheap tickets. You create it with winning.

They should do it after this season and strike while the iron is hot.

They should NEVER do a reseating. Reseating the building allows people who can't be bothered to go to the games when the team isn't good to "jump ahead" of people who stay through thick and thin.

The last time they did it our seats moved back a couple rows in favor of people who didn't go to the games previously. And over the years we've moved back up to where we were originally. Why? Because when the team got bad, all those johnny come latelies that got better seats ahead of us did exactly what people like that do. They bailed out.

If they are going to do a reseating, the very first people at the top of the list shouldn't be the people who donate the most money, it should be the people who kept going to the games even though Kevin Stallings happened. Those people are your real fans, the ones who are going to be there for the team and the program no matter what. They are the people who should be rewarded, not shoved aside for people who can only be bothered to go when times are good.

They should NEVER do a reseating. Reseating the building allows people who can't be bothered to go to the games when the team isn't good to "jump ahead" of people who stay through thick and thin.

The last time they did it our seats moved back a couple rows in favor of people who didn't go to the games previously. And over the years we've moved back up to where we were originally. Why? Because when the team got bad, all those johnny come latelies that got better seats ahead of us did exactly what people like that do. They bailed out.

If they are going to do a reseating, the very first people at the top of the list shouldn't be the people who donate the most money, it should be the people who kept going to the games even though Kevin Stallings happened. Those people are your real fans, the ones who are going to be there for the team and the program no matter what. They are the people who should be rewarded, not shoved aside for people who can only be bothered to go when times are good.
I agree with you. The season ticket holders/Panther Club members get first dibs and then open it up to everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT