ADVERTISEMENT

Latest 7-round NFL Mock Draft from The Athletic

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
Not linking because it requires a subscription, but their latest 7-round draft posted today does not have Twyman, Ford or Morrissey getting selected.

4th round (109), Houston - Rashad Weaver
4th round (136), Kansas City - Patrick Jones
7th round (237), Denver - Damar Hamlin

Any chance Weaver could slot into Dupree's role on the Steelers? I know Weaver never played LB, but he did move around some, play some out of a 2 point stance, and at least a few times dropped into coverage.

Any chance Weaver could slot into Dupree's role on the Steelers? I know Weaver never played LB, but he did move around some, play some out of a 2 point stance, and at least a few times dropped into coverage.

I highly doubt Weaver moves to a 3-4 OLB as a pro. The fact that he was practicing on the interior at the Senior Bowl probably indicates that he’d be more likely to move that way if anything. He did turn in a surprisingly good 3-cone time of 6.95 at the pro day though, so never say never.

But as for replacing Dupree, he is a ways off in terms of athleticism. Weaver measured a 32” vertical and 9’6” broad jump at his pro day. Admittedly Dupree had a freak combine. But for perspective, Bud had a 42” vertical and 11’6” broad jump, so 10” higher and a full 2 feet longer than Weaver.

Reactions: ChooChoo Panther
I hope the agent money was worth it from this past year for Twyman and it wasnt a short sighted decision

Not linking because it requires a subscription, but their latest 7-round draft posted today does not have Twyman, Ford or Morrissey getting selected.

4th round (109), Houston - Rashad Weaver
4th round (136), Kansas City - Patrick Jones
7th round (237), Denver - Damar Hamlin
Ford really hurt his stock by coming back....and then quitting didnt help either because his season was already so bad

Ford really hurt his stock by coming back....and then quitting didnt help either because his season was already so bad
No he didn't. His workout numbers were laughably bad. Guys don't make it in the pros with those numbers.

Twyman's were bad too, worse considering he had an entire year to train.

Weaver is a guy I want on my team. He may never be a star, but he's going to be a good player for a long time and a leader in the locker room.

Reactions: Mikefln
Where was Pinnock taken? I saw that he had a 99th or 100th percentile relative athletic score. He probably gets drafted on that alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT