ADVERTISEMENT

Latest on AD search

Thanks for the link. I think I read somewhere that EJ B. Was going to throw his hat into the ring. Any thoughts on his chances?

Raising funds for capital projects?

I know they are looking to build a track.. but what other capital projects are on the horizon for Pitt athletics?

Re: Raising funds for capital projects?

Expansion of Trees to include a dedicated diving well.

Band practice facility.

Tennis facilities.

Expansion of Peterson Sports Complex to move remaining operations of those sports from Fitz.

countless additional renovations and upgrades

Not far from the Peterson Sport's Complex and Trees hall is a sizable area called Kennard Playground. I have no idea if that is viable of how much the elevation changes, but it seems like a sizable area close to campus for Pitt to acquire and repurpose for the band and tennis needs.

This post was edited on 2/20 8:32 AM by HailtoPitt

I think I received that in the mail... has it really been 5 years? Yikes. Time flies.

Anyway, the track is great, but should Pitt really build one considering that Pitt's campus is only -7 acres? Or cut track and field and invest in sports that take up less space? Or better yet.. what is wrong with sharing another track?

Originally posted by HailtoPitt:
Not far from the Peterson Sport's Complex and Trees hall is a sizable area called Kennard Playground. I have no idea if that is viable of how much the elevation changes, but it seems like a sizable area close to campus for Pitt to acquire and repurpose for the band and tennis needs.

This post was edited on 2/20 8:32 AM by HailtoPitt
Chances to acquire a playground = 0%.

Pitt has 400+ student athletes, 1/4 of them are track & field or cross country...thats why you build it

As far as Kennard Park thats not going to happen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT