ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Paris Ford rumor

King Of All Message Boards

Athletic Director
Jan 9, 2009
Evidently there's some buzz he's considering Miami.

And he did just start to follow a bunch of Miami related twitter accounts.

Read he might visit there.

He also was just in Florida and of course got exposed to kids from the U.. kids have friends from all over on twitter... we have to stop the madness about fussing about stupid things.

Reactions: Jtommyj
Haha, check out his twitter. Now it's Paris time to mess with the Pitt twitter fans since Wade starts classes Monday.

It's just our nature to be completely ridiculous... well. many of us.. Anyone can report anything. You and I know that. Some kids love the show, that's for sure.

No doubt.

But I never count on anything with any kid until someone confirms the LOI is in. This kid seemed solid. But nothing would surprise me. There is a good chance he's just escaping the winter for a few days. But again who knows. And furthermore who know$ what really goe$ on at some of these $chool$.

Not really shocking,their have been tumors that he was going to take visits to other schools but this is the first one confirmed he would visit,if he leaves it's a major smack in the face

Not really shocking,their have been tumors that he was going to take visits to other schools but this is the first one confirmed he would visit,if he leaves it's a major smack in the face
I like the kid, but this is part of his routine.. didn't start at SV, and played at three high schools.. I am not shocked, but do ultimately think this is his last hurrah at drama..

2 days ago he's recruiting a 4* kid to Pitt. Unless something went sour with Narduzzi or Narduzzi brought in another 4* Safety to piss off Paris, this is a free trip to miami and a lineup of their finest women.

He said last year that he was going to take visits, but was solid to Pitt.

I don't think it's smoke,he's favorite player was Ed reed and that's where he went to school,their pretty much telling him he could be the next Ed reed,it's enticing for him since he idolized reed,I think Pitt keeps him but it will be a battle for Pitt because he's obviously not solid with Pitt if he's visiting Miami

Reactions: bull-pup
I don't think it's smoke,he's favorite player was Ed reed and that's where he went to school,their pretty much telling him he could be the next Ed reed,it's enticing for him since he idolized reed,I think Pitt keeps him but it will be a battle for Pitt because he's obviously not solid with Pitt if he's visiting Miami
I will say it again.. ATTENTION.. THE STAGE.. it is rare now to find a kid who doesn't care for it....

Yeah but he could be the first Paris Ford at Pitt.

Do not walk in the shadows of your heroes. Pave your own path and be proud to be the lead dog!!

"Miami has real strong shot"

Better not be true... that would be disastrous
"A recruit who spoke with Ford at the Under Armour game said Ford told him he's likely to come to Miami, and Ford does acknowledge he was saying that he's very interested in the Canes at the game."

A lot of these kids take visits to other places after they've committed just because they want to be wined and dined. Didn't Wade travel to UCLA even after everyone knew he was a PSU lock?

I remember Shabazz Muhammad taking visits to multiple places after he gave his verbal to UCLA and admitting to the local paper that he did it just for the free trips.

"Miami has real strong shot"

Better not be true... that would be disastrous
"A recruit who spoke with Ford at the Under Armour game said Ford told him he's likely to come to Miami, and Ford does acknowledge he was saying that he's very interested in the Canes at the game."

But then all we heard was that Ford and Sibley were recruiting Proctor and Jeff Thomas,etc. at the game from Rivals and now miraculously the story changed?

Nathan Proctor gave a verbal to VaTech on national TV and said he's still taking trips to penn state and pitt and is very serious about both schools.

Tyler Boyd announced at the AA Game and said he was still going to take visits and ended up being very serious about Tennessee to the point people thought he was gone.

Kids deserve to take these visits, they earned the ability to be treated like a king for a weekend. They won't get any attention on these trips unless the team and coaches think they have a legit shot.

Let's not overreact. What Paris said in that article is concerning, but he may have really enjoyed his Fla visit for the UnderArmour game, and also enjoyed meeting some of the other players and may have a respect for Miami and some of their former players. It is natural for an 18 yr old to be wowed by new surroundings and/or new 'friends'. Paris has been Pitt's ambassador since his verbal, and has tried to recruit other kids, so I would assume Paris has much 'pride' and love for Pitt and the city. The 'hometown hero' moniker was even thrown out there recently. He also seems to be friends with Todd Sibley and some of the other verbals. Let's let this play out, and realizing that Paris seems to be an intelligent, reasonable student/athlete, we should assume he will think this out. He is close to Coach Narduzzi and staff, and I doubt he would just abandon them and go back on his word that easily. Paris is one of my favorite recruits ever, so I will not overreact to this latest story. Let's have confidence that Paris will be a staple of this recruiting class.

Let's not overreact. What Paris said in that article is concerning, but he may have really enjoyed his Fla visit for the UnderArmour game, and also enjoyed meeting some of the other players. it is natural for an 18 yr old to be wowed by new surroundings and/or new 'friends'. Paris has been Pitt's ambassador since his verbal, and has tried to recruit other kids, so I would assume Paris has much 'pride' and love for Pitt and the city. The 'hometown hero' moniker was even thrown out there recently. He also seems to be friends with Todd Sibley and some of the other verbals. Let's let this play out, and realizing that Paris seems to be an intelligent, reasonable student/athlete, let's assume he will think this out. He is close to Coach Narduzzi and staff, and I doubt he would just abandon them and go back on his word that easily. Paris is one of my favorite recruits ever, so I will not overreact to this latest story. Let's have confidence that Paris will be a staple of this recruiting class.

I personally feel there was some slight or perceived slight and he got butt-hurt and over reacted. After sleeping on it, I'm fairly confident this was an attention grab aimed at Pitt and once Nardz repents for his sin Paris will be back in the fold.

He does seem like a great kid.

Was Nc State thinking the same thing when Alexander visited us about 3 weeks ago? Alexander in his own words was just taking a "free" trip. Then he gets to the Burg and changes his mind and flips to us.

It's recruiting and anything can happen when kids decide to visit, especially late.

I have no idea what Paris will do but if he flips that will be a monster loss to this class and no amount of "spin" from this board will change things. On 12/28 our own head coach referred to this class as "decent".
Regardless of what happens, and I've been saying it for awhile, our staff could use a few more "recruiters". Hopefully the OC coach can coach and recruit. Also, hope some defensive changes our made, as they need to be. But I'm not holding my breath on this as I think it's Narduzzi's defense so nobody will take the fall for this years horrible showing on D.

A lot of these kids take visits to other places after they've committed just because they want to be wined and dined. Didn't Wade travel to UCLA even after everyone knew he was a PSU lock?

I remember Shabazz Muhammad taking visits to multiple places after he gave his verbal to UCLA and admitting to the local paper that he did it just for the free trips.

Losing Ford would be completely disastrous for this class and it would go from decent to crap. He's allegedly setting up visits to a couple of different schools which is very alarming.

That said, he will sign with Pitt next month. This kid comes from a rough background and I don't think going anywhere but Pitt is a possibility. The proximity of Pitt to his family was the driving force behind his commitment and why he decided so far in advance. He's using this last month as a chance to take a couple of free trips.

Ford's commitment to his home town team has been strong & has tried to recruit other players on top of that. He is a leader and will be a great Panther. Let him visit Miami in January!

H2P

Might be a good idea to stop using expressions like butt hurt over recruits... just a thought

A true leader of a class Like Deejay Dallas would never take a trip to another school, especially if he is recruiting other players to Pitt. Miami just let go of Safety/CB Billy Gibson and was immediately on Paris. I think this is as real as it gets. Not to mention the score of this years game between Miami and Pitt. Just saying!

For today's recruits, verbal commitments are just saying "that team is the leader and I'm pretty sure, but not positive I'm going there"

I cant imagine the amount of wasted time and money on recruiting and re-recruiting your own or others' verbal commitments.

To be honest, Ford always struck me as the type of personality we dont get to stay home. I've always been surprised how solid he's been on Pitt because I've felt he had a Wade-like ego which would make him think he's too good for Pitt.

In the end, I'd guess he sticks with Pitt, but even if his intention is to take this visit as a free trip, he is taking the visit to a beautiful campus, 80 degrees, girls wearing short shorts, and its one of the most historic programs out there. The kid is 18, he can easily be won over.

So he played the UA game last Sunday. Then sometime around Monday or Tuesday he talks about the "home town hero" thing. Fast forward 4-5 days, I wake up and there is this Miami talk. Interesting.

Last edited:
A true leader of a class Like Deejay Dallas would never take a trip to another school, especially if he is recruiting other players to Pitt. Miami just let go of Safety/CB Billy Gibson and was immediately on Paris. I think this is as real as it gets. Not to mention the score of this years game between Miami and Pitt. Just saying!
Very informative first post. Thanks for enlightening us and your interest in Pitt football!

I'm not too alarmed, though losing him this late in the game would obviously be damaging. Let's hope Narduzzi has his eyes on a few plan B's if Ford does indeed choose to go elsewhere. Hopefully Paris realizes that his route to the NFL is easier here with Narduzzi as his coach. Miami is nice but the crowds there are much more sparse and he'll be 1500 miles from home. Could be a hometown hero here like Revis or Ditka, hopefully he values that.

As if the games aren't stressful enough for Pitt fans now we have to worry about this crap.

Don't compare attendance. Ours is just as disgusting

Besides sibley he doesn't seem to have any real connection to any of our commits in the class,he seems to have real connections with several Miami players which is alarming

Reactions: UMCanez
I agree with this. This years class does not seem as tight as say last years class or even previous classes.

Man, if we lose him, Narduzzi took a Ofer on the big locals. That would be brutal.

Richt has some good recruiters under him. Especially Rodney garner. They are multi tasking, recruiting this years class, trying to flip ford and already 7 verbals for 2018 class.

Besides sibley he doesn't seem to have any real connection to any of our commits in the class,he seems to have real connections with several Miami players which is alarming

This will be the first time I actually get pissed at a kid if he flips. He has been 100% Pitt for a year and a half. One month to go and all of a sudden he is strongly considering Miami, f him if he flips.

And yes, this one would be a huge loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT