ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - 2021 VT

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
I did not expect another game where I was convinced again that we would win the game by the third quarter. Excellent overall performance.
  • A QB like this is never going to beat us. This defense is designed to stop to the run and we made this kid's life difficult. He'll be feeling some of those hits today.
  • I thought that Kenny was good enough yesterday but his best plays were the ones he didn't make. He never once forced a throw when he was standing in the pocket with no one open. Not turning the ball over really made a difference.
  • The announcers were ridiculous. On the Hallett pick it was obvious the receiver fell and even moreso on the replay. Just because it a guy fall down doesn't make it PI. I thought their only TD was a gift as they refs were trying to help with makeup calls.
  • Holy Izzy. Man did he take advantage of cut back lanes. 21 for 140 with a lot of good blocking, especially as we were trying to ice the game. That looked like an NFL RB to me and should take pressure off whoever the QB is next year.
  • I thought the line got better as the game went along. The VT D line is legit and they struggled a bit in the beginning but really came to play. What I did not like was all of the penalties, especially pre snap. We cannot have 9 penalties in a game that is close.
  • The Wayne catch and throw is going to be the one they show on the highlights when Kenny gets drafted. That was absolutely incredible by both players. I thought Wayne was our best WR today. I thought Mack was terrible. Yes, not all of the drops were great throws but you HAVE to make those catches. Also, please stop with the WR screens unless we are facing a lot of blitzes.
  • I thought this was the most complete defense we saw all year from this team. Dennis is so much better outside where he doesn't get swallowed up and play sideline to sideline. The Kancy sack was one of the most physically impressive defensive plays I've ever seen. Aside from the Donald sacking the QB and tackling the RB against Duke, this was one of the best in my 20 years as a Pitt fan (obviously it didn't have the same game impact as the Lewis or Brightwell picks). I thought Cam Bright, Hallet, and Haba were good today as well.
This is basically what we (somewhat) expected that we would likely be 5-1 or 6-0 to play Clemson although they are beatable. If we win this game, there is no reason we can't run the table going forward. Really great win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News