ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - 2024 - the Syracuse triple pick 6 game

jlazinger

All Conference
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
Holy cow. I mean, what a total dismantling, especially in a game where our offense wasn't dynamic. Some thoughts:
  • I know we aren't finished, but Narduzzi has now won 7 games 7 times in 10 years. Before he got here, we had won 7 games 7 times in 13 years. So basically from 50/50 to almost 2/3 of the time.
  • What in the actual F are the thinking running Holstein up 31 points in the 4th? If it's a concussion, that can linger. Totally fine to let him pass. It was get right time which leads me to...
  • ...7 straight bad quarters from Holstein. He looked tentative all night and you could tell he didn't trust his eyes and didn't want to throw a pick, especially after throwing one that could have easily been picked on the first drive. It was worrying me that they kept showing replays of wide open guys he was missing. However, that last throw for a TD was perfect and hopefully that sets him back on the right track.
  • Is Daniel Carter hurt? I know we didn't do much on the ground but happy to see we didn't have to rely on Hammond this year.
  • Branson Taylor out for the year is a blow.
  • Not much the WRs had to do last night but in limited action I thought Bart/Williams/Lee were all good. Shout out to Tyreek Robinson for his first career catch.
  • Holy hell that defense. It's almost too many to list. Biles, George, Crumpley, Bass, Battle, Lovelace, Edwards, Louis, O'Brien... just all A+.
  • Hysterical they made a big deal about McCord getting 300 yards. He threw 64 times for an average of 5 yards.
  • Really shut down the run too. Taking away the sacks/McCord runs, 20 carries for 38 yards. Eat a D Willis.
  • Ben Sauls...just amazing. Already has more FGs this year than last year. He had one over 50 made coming into this year. He has 4 this year alone.
  • I thought Junko was quietly good last night too.
  • SMU is probably our biggest regular season game since either Syracuse in 2021 (although we may have already clinched) or the 45-44 game against Cincy to go the BCS. I know you can't take anything for granted but if they beat SMU, we SHOULD be 9-0 for the Clemson which could basically get us into the playoff. I cannot wait for this game next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.