ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron, Jr. in Uniontown Summer League

Wow, I wish I had known he was going to be there Monday night, I live 10 minutes just north of Uniontown. I have always heard that a kid from Laurel Highlands played on his sons AAU team in Ohio, but never expected they’d be playing right here in Uniontown.

Reactions: USAF Phantom
Honestly, so what? They're in 8th grade, they might suck, just like MJ Jr. and Doctor J Jr. sucked. I can't believe anyone would get excited to see 8th graders play? Well... unless it's your kid.

But now if it is an 8th grade soccer match in the Balt-DC area there would be 7568 kids trying out and they would have to hold it in a 50K seat stadium because of all of the interest.

Reactions: upj87
But now if it is an 8th grade soccer match in the Balt-DC area there would be 7568 kids trying out and they would have to hold it in a 50K seat stadium because of all of the interest.

No, of course not, an 8th grade soccer match in my area, basically, it's just the parents watching, nobody else is interested, but there are literally thousands of 8th grade teams in this area. What does that have to do with someone being excited to watch a 13 year old play basketball just because his dad is LeBron?

I just think that you just don't want to believe what I have described about youth sports in my area, because it doesn't fit some narrative that you have. I haven't said anything that is not true, but why does it matter so much to you that you seem to desperately not want it to be true?

No, of course not, an 8th grade soccer match in my area, basically, it's just the parents watching, nobody else is interested, but there are literally thousands of 8th grade teams in this area. What does that have to do with someone being excited to watch a 13 year old play basketball just because his dad is LeBron?

I just think that you just don't want to believe what I have described about youth sports in my area, because it doesn't fit some narrative that you have. I haven't said anything that is not true, but why does it matter so much to you that you seem to desperately not want it to be true?
guessing you would be there if it was the 8th grade son of Beckim or Nacho or Fritolay or Spinaldo from Budapest United or one of those other worldwide soccer studs though..

guessing you would be there if it was the 8th grade son of Beckim or Nacho or Fritolay or Spinaldo from Budapest United or one of those other worldwide soccer studs though..
Hell no! I'd never watch anyone play high school level or below-ANY SPORT, unless I had a relationship to the kid-I don't give a crap about other people's kids, or if it was my high school. Sure I watched 70+ high school JV and U14 club soccer games a couple years ago and haven't missed a certain high school's girls games for going on 4 years, but only because my daughter was playing, I'll never attend another kids game again after she's done, unless maybe she has a kid down the road who starts playing, then I'll become a super fan again and attend ever U5 game even when Pitt is playing, LOL.

Honestly, so what? They're in 8th grade, they might suck, just like MJ Jr. and Doctor J Jr. sucked. I can't believe anyone would get excited to see 8th graders play?

Well, who knows. After all, the original MJ once got cut from the high school JV team. (BTW, I don't think that coach has ever lived that down.)

Huh?

https://triblive.com/sports/otherlo...lebron-james-plays-in-uniontown-summer-league

Apparently, an 8th grader from Laurel Highlands plays on his AAU team which begs the question, how good is THAT kid?
Honestly, so what? They're in 8th grade, they might suck, just like MJ Jr. and Doctor J Jr. sucked. I can't believe anyone would get excited to see 8th graders play? Well... unless it's your kid.

The word is Lebron, Jr. is big-time. Not as good as his dad at that age but a 1 and done potentially.

Honestly, so what? They're in 8th grade, they might suck, just like MJ Jr. and Doctor J Jr. sucked. I can't believe anyone would get excited to see 8th graders play?

Well, who knows. After all, the original MJ once got cut from the high school JV team. (BTW, I don't think that coach has ever lived that down.)

No, he got caught from the varsity as a HS freshman. That story was exaggerated

It wasn't exaggerated, it was a deliberate lie from MJ as part of a marketing campaign. He was never cut at all, he simply didn't make varsity because he was a 5'10 sophomore who wasn't anything special at that point. Of course, that doesn't sound as good in a Nike commercial.

It wasn't exaggerated, it was a deliberate lie from MJ as part of a marketing campaign. He was never cut at all, he simply didn't make varsity because he was a 5'10 sophomore who wasn't anything special at that point. Of course, that doesn't sound as good in a Nike commercial.

He was a freshman.

The kid is spectacular. Quite a show to see someone that age and size play at such a high level. He is very polished, handles the ball better than many college point guards. It will be a long time before you see someone again that good at that age. Check out his youtube videos.

The kid is spectacular. Quite a show to see someone that age and size play at such a high level. He is very polished, handles the ball better than many college point guards. It will be a long time before you see someone again that good at that age. Check out his youtube videos.
Even after you tell me that, I still have no interest.

Even after you tell me that, I still have no interest.

Tim Weah (George's son and Jester's cousin) of NYC, PSG, ans USMNT played a random men's league game in Manhattan a few weeks ago. I thought that was pretty cool. Would you have wanted to see that. Cool story about it. The other team was like "who is this guy."

Tim Weah (George's son and Jester's cousin) of NYC, PSG, ans USMNT played a random men's league game in Manhattan a few weeks ago. I thought that was pretty cool. Would you have wanted to see that. Cool story about it. The other team was like "who is this guy."
Maybe, I wouldn't go out of the my to see it, but if it was right next door and there was no effort and it was free, maybe. Again, you are talking about a major league player and a national team player, LBJ's son is an 8th grader on some travel team, no I wouldn't go see that.

I can do you one better, I played against George Weah himself. It's always funny when you see former world class players against normal people, there's just no wasted movement or effort because they can outplay everyone else on technical skills alone. His close control was disgusting as an out of shape 40 something, imagine playing him in his prime.

my son played against the kid from fayettes finest he is a good player couldn't imagine how good lebron's son is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT