ADVERTISEMENT

Lee Corso is

I think it would have been fair to say that he had really lost it four or five years ago.
For sure. I don’t think ESPN rolls him out there for his sharp insight. They have mentally competent people for that. He’s basically the comic relief on Gameday and as much an ESPN GAMEDAY tradition as Old Crimson . I have no problem with him and have never taken his forecasts seriously.

Kirk hates Pitt
1. That’s not even close to true; and
2. Why would anyone pick Pitt before that Louisville game? What had Pitt done to that point to earn anyone’s confidence?

Herbie and the rest of the college football world have been watching the same Pitt movie for decades now on a continuous loop. If and when Pitt football becomes truly legit again, they’ll recognize it appropriately.

A 3 point win over a decent 1-2 Louisville team is great, but it’s hardly a sure sign that Pitt football is back after a 30 year hibernation.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
Had to listen to the broadcast on my phone as I was watching granddaughter play softball.
Hillgrove is an affable guy, and has been a Pitt staple for decades, but it's virtually impossible to have a clue as to what's happening when listening to his play by play.

Sad to say, but he's done. Almost like he's calling the game from a ticker tape that's about 30 seconds delayed! Even then, he's usually wrong.

2. Why would anyone pick Pitt before that Louisville game? What had Pitt done to that point to earn anyone’s confidence?

Herbie and the rest of the college football world have been watching the same Pitt movie for decades now on a continuous loop. If and when Pitt football becomes truly legit again, they’ll recognize it appropriately.

A 3 point win over a decent 1-2 Louisville team is great, but it’s hardly a sure sign that Pitt football is back after a 30 year hibernation.
They may not be "back", but they are 3-0. Only 5 teams that have played can say that at this point.

Had to listen to the broadcast on my phone as I was watching granddaughter play softball.
Hillgrove is an affable guy, and has been a Pitt staple for decades, but it's virtually impossible to have a clue as to what's happening when listening to his play by play.

Sad to say, but he's done. Almost like he's calling the game from a ticker tape that's about 30 seconds delayed! Even then, he's usually wrong.

to be fair he has been like that his entire tenure as a radio broadcaster. Even as a kid when we scored listening to the radio and I’d go bananas my dad would say “Wait to see if Mr. Hillgrove got it right son”

Is this Kirk Herbstreit?

For sure. I don’t think ESPN rolls him out there for his sharp insight. They have mentally competent people for that. He’s basically the comic relief on Gameday and as much an ESPN GAMEDAY tradition as Old Crimson . I have no problem with him and have never taken his forecasts seriously.

He's the Digger Phelps of football.

BTW, whatever happened to Lee Corso's Rental Car?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT