ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Park on PCN

His opinion isn’t really an opinion. Cummings should be a really good to great college hooper. Thomas should be a really good to great NBA player. Just too different stratospheres for ceilings
I really don't want to argue. I don think it is unreasonable to try to compare and contrast two brothers who will both play at Pitt. I thought that is what this board is for. I believe Cummings will be a really good player at Pitt and of course how good will depend on who he gets to play with. It seems that rather than give Brandin much credit, you want to give all the credit to Thomas. I wouldn't nor would anyone else argue with you about who is the more talented player between he and Thomas, but, you act like Thomas made Cummings what he is. I don't think that's a very fair outlook. As for expectations, I tend to be more like Vader and build up our recruits, while you on the other hand are rarely positive on our guys.

Reactions: NCPitt
I think you have a bit of rankings bias. I think Cummings is really good. I mean maybe one of the best talents this area has produced in decades. I just think these "rankings" are not conditioned to jump up a kid 40-50 slots in their national rankings unless they committed to Duke/UNC/UK, etc.....

No, I just think Thomas is better. I don't care what the rankings say; he looks like the better of the two. That's not a knock on Cummings at all. But if you're just looking at the box score you're doing yourself a disservice. Thomas could have scored 60 last night if he wanted.

No, I just think Thomas is better. I don't care what the rankings say; he looks like the better of the two. That's not a knock on Cummings at all. But if you're just looking at the box score you're doing yourself a disservice. Thomas could have scored 60 last night if he wanted.
*every night*

He’s the best player from Western PA You n a long time by a wide margin

What’s awesome is that they both seem like really good kids with great heads on their shoulders. It would be easy for a young kid to get a little cocky whenever they are as talented as these two. Pitt is getting a really good one in Cummings and whoever gets Thomas is getting one too.

I really don't want to argue. I don think it is unreasonable to try to compare and contrast two brothers who will both play at Pitt. I thought that is what this board is for. I believe Cummings will be a really good player at Pitt and of course how good will depend on who he gets to play with. It seems that rather than give Brandin much credit, you want to give all the credit to Thomas. I wouldn't nor would anyone else argue with you about who is the more talented player between he and Thomas, but, you act like Thomas made Cummings what he is. I don't think that's a very fair outlook. As for expectations, I tend to be more like Vader and build up our recruits, while you on the other hand are rarely positive on our guys.

Cummings is wired to score. He is going to score a ton of points here. He is going to score a lot of points as a true freshmen. He needs to work on defense, rebounding, and actual playmaking. I would not rule him out starting next year.

He is getting crushed in the rankings because he is an undersized shooting guard which limits his NBA potential which to me is silly. Thats a chunk of the reason. The other chunk is the lack of offers. If he didn't commit early like Bub, both of their rankings would have been way higher had they held out because both tore up the EYBL.

Cummings is also highly efficiency on offense. Meleek Thomas is not. But this isn't a Cummings vs Meleek thing. Cam Thomas got crushed in the national rankings too because he was an undersized 2 guard that was wired to score but did nothing else all that well. And we saw how that turned out.

Cummings will be excellent here. He will be better than his brother. But with where he is on defense at least currently, we are going to need some studs in the defensive lineup with him. Everyone would be excited if he was an Ashton Gibbs caliber player at Pitt or better. Bub is so much more the complete player right now in all facets of the game. And with respect to Thomas, Thomas gets it done on the glass and on defense.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Cummings is wired to score. He is going to score a ton of points here. He is going to score a lot of points as a true freshmen. He needs to work on defense, rebounding, and actual playmaking. I would not rule him out starting next year.

He is getting crushed in the rankings because he is an undersized shooting guard which limits his NBA potential which to me is silly. Thats a chunk of the reason. The other chunk is the lack of offers. If he didn't commit early like Bub, both of their rankings would have been way higher had they held out because both tore up the EYBL.

Cummings is also highly efficiency on offense. Meleek Thomas is not. But this isn't a Cummings vs Meleek thing. Cam Thomas got crushed in the national rankings too because he was an undersized 2 guard that was wired to score but did nothing else all that well. And we saw how that turned out.

Cummings will be excellent here. He will be better than his brother. But with where he is on defense at least currently, we are going to need some studs in the defensive lineup with him. Everyone would be excited if he was an Ashton Gibbs caliber player at Pitt or better. Bub is so much more the complete player right now in all facets of the game. And with respect to Thomas, Thomas gets it done on the glass and on defense.
Bub was not good on defense early in the season, but became good as the season wore on. Most guys who play guard in HS more a less worry about putting up numbers.

They get to college and realize they have to play some defense. They simply have to put in the work. Bub did and he is a really good defender now

The same posters were wrong about Nelly as well.
I mean, I tried to tell them, lol.

I only wish Jeff would have listened to me at the Spring Game before his first full season and I mentioned Nelly transferring to Colgate from Bowling Green up in the Press Box. It all worked out tho. Glad to see Nelly straight killing it in Europe to boot.

Can’t wait to see Beebah next year.

So you think Brandin Cummings will make more money off basketball than Maleek Thomas, right? Higher market value/career earnings from now until the time they both hang it up?
LOL - Tap the brakes Junior.

I’d take 4 years of Beebah over 1 year of Thomas all day every day. I’m a Pitt fan who cares about the success of Pitt first.

Reactions: Eastern Eight
LOL - Tap the brakes Junior.

I’d take 4 years of Beebah over 1 year of Thomas all day every day. I’m a Pitt fan who cares about the success of Pitt first.

No, you seem to have a problem with my statement that Cummings is a good player but Thomas is better. Grow some balls, Pollyanna. This wasn't about 1 year vs 4 years. That isn't what I said, so why do you feel the need to change it?

Plz go back and look at where I said Nelly was a huge get when we landed him… constantly. We’re “not the same posters”. He’s a good player. Thomas is a special player. Not a hot take or quite frankly an opinion.

No, you seem to have a problem with my statement that Cummings is a good player but Thomas is better. Grow some balls, Pollyanna. This wasn't about 1 year vs 4 years. That isn't what I said, so why do you feel the need to change it?
Grow some balls on a message board. LOL - Okay Internet Tough Guy.

Thomas has the higher upside, but I think Cummings is greatly underrated based on his ranking. Thomas is Top 10-15 and Cummings is a Top 50-75 player imo.

Grow some balls on a message board. LOL - Okay Internet Tough Guy.

Thomas has the higher upside, but I think Cummings is greatly underrated based on his ranking. Thomas is Top 10-15 and Cummings is a Top 50-75 player imo.

So basically, you agree with me. But I didn't jump up and down in a skirt doing "spirit fingers," so that wasn't good enough for you. Got it.

So basically, you agree with me. But I didn't jump up and down in a skirt doing "spirit fingers," so that wasn't good enough for you. Got it.
Listen jagoff. Your first post said Beebah wasn’t in the same stratosphere. So no, I don’t agree with that assessment. I clearly explained my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT