ADVERTISEMENT

Lingard to MLS?

I tend to know where a lot of them play based on Facebook groups and watching their games. Personally I think USMNT might be my favorite soccer team right now, with the WC coming up and DC United being in kind of a down cycle
Yeah it makes things interesting because you can watch games that they play in and have a rooting interest. Like last week I watched Zimmerman and his Nashville team.

I’ll watch arsenal matches now with more interest because of Matt Turner but I’d be shocked if he plays when games matter. But who knows. Fulham got promoted so I’ll be watching Robinson. I’ll be watching every Leeds United game on Sat/Sun mornings now to see what Aaronson and Adams are doing. Crystal Palace has Richards now, so the EPL in one off-season got even more interesting. Heck I might even check out Darly Dike every now and again playing for West Brom in the English Championship.

No I'm not talking about TV guys like Kiper, I mean average nobodies who spend hours doing something that is never anywhere near correct.

Let me type this really slowly for you so that maybe you can understand.

THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY MAKE MONEY AT IT.

It really isn't any more complicated than that. They don't have to be right, they merely need people to watch/click on articles. And it's pretty obvious that they get that. So they do it.

Let me type this really slowly for you so that maybe you can understand.

THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY MAKE MONEY AT IT.

It really isn't any more complicated than that. They don't have to be right, they merely need people to watch/click on articles. And it's pretty obvious that they get that. So they do it.
I'm just talking about people who comment on Facebook pages at random or something like that. You're saying they all get paid?

I'm just talking about people who comment on Facebook pages at random or something like that. You're saying they all get paid?

People who are commenting "on Facebook pages at random or something like that" are not "spending months doing mock drafts".

People who are commenting "on Facebook pages at random or something like that" are not "spending months doing mock drafts".
Yes there are a lot of people like that, random nobodies, who will spend time trying to predict the whole draft or the Steelers draft apparently for fun, they exist.

Yes there are a lot of people like that, random nobodies, who will spend time trying to predict the whole draft or the Steelers draft apparently for fun, they exist.
So I heard someone talking about this new DC United signing, Ravel Morrison. This guy I was listening to had a chance to see Manchester United’s youth teams through the years and said that in 2011, Man U had a youth team with Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, and Morrison. He said that of the 3, Morrison was the best player. That’s some serious talent when placed in that context.

the problem is Morrison is a free spirit, likes to party and has played on 100 teams in 10 years and has never lasted more than a few games everywhere he has been.

I saw an article refer to him as “Man U academy misfit”. Lol

in any event, you like to be entertained by the guys on your team. This guy might make it very interesting.

So I heard someone talking about this new DC United signing, Ravel Morrison. This guy I was listening to had a chance to see Manchester United’s youth teams through the years and said that in 2011, Man U had a youth team with Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, and Morrison. He said that of the 3, Morrison was the best player. That’s some serious talent when placed in that context.

the problem is Morrison is a free spirit, likes to party and has played on 100 teams in 10 years and has never lasted more than a few games everywhere he has been.

in any event, you like to be entertained by the guys on your team. This guy might make it very interesting.
The big question, are the guys DCU is paying near million and well over a million worth it?

The big question, are the guys DCU is paying near million and well over a million worth it?
What are they paying these designated players? Lingard came over and tested the MLS waters, but he didn’t sign anywhere. And of course West Ham has always liked him. But Nottingham Forest stepped up and signed him for 220,000 per week. That’s overpaying for a guy like Jesse Lingard…but if he helps Forest stay up, then I suppose it’s money well spent.

What are they paying these designated players? Lingard came over and tested the MLS waters, but he didn’t sign anywhere. And of course West Ham has always liked him. But Nottingham Forest stepped up and signed him for 220,000 per week. That’s overpaying for a guy like Jesse Lingard…but if he helps Forest stay up, then I suppose it’s money well spent.
I looked up their roster and salaries and the goalie is making 700k, and several field players over a million. I wonder if Rooney will be looking hard to change the roster and see about moving out some top heavy salaries to get a few foreigners over.

I looked up their roster and salaries and the goalie is making 700k, and several field players over a million. I wonder if Rooney will be looking hard to change the roster and see about moving out some top heavy salaries to get a few foreigners over.
I am sure they look will look hard at B teamers from Peru, Ecuador, and Paraguay and F teamers from Argentina

THAT seriously sounds like fun, and a Man U guy, now to be coached by Rooney, should be interesting.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I am sure they look will look hard at B teamers from Peru, Ecuador, and Paraguay and F teamers from Argentina
What matters most, like for any team in any league is to get players that win games for them in their league, and allow them to compete for the playoffs and championship, better to have foreign B teamers or F teamers who can do that than Americans who can't. You should watch DC right now, lately they've really sucked, because of playing American kids they developed themselves, I'd rather see wins with some no name from Peru or Uruguay playing at a high level than some American kids from Louden United.

Fountas is worth $1million, he's scored 10 goals in 12 games since joining the team. Ola Kamara was tied for leading goal scorer in the MLS last year, so he's been good. Bill Hamid has been a borderline USAMNT GK, developed by DC so he's decent, but he's out for the season currently.

Fountas is worth $1million, he's scored 10 goals in 12 games since joining the team. Ola Kamara was tied for leading goal scorer in the MLS last year, so he's been good. Bill Hamid has been a borderline USAMNT GK, developed by DC so he's decent, but he's out for the season currently.
The team is not very good right now and neither is Loudoun. They need to spend wisely and get better long term from high priced players. Hamid will be gone very soon. I don’t see such high price value in paying someone over a million. Hell, MU fans know how far a high priced Ronaldo gets you. That team needs defense and better midfield. Spread the salaries to get better players beyond gol scoring. And in the MLS, goals will come, but you have to have a lot more on the field.

Reactions: Pitt79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT