ADVERTISEMENT

LOL: Missouri gets bowl ban

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
A tutor did work for 12 players and now Mizzou cant go to a bowl game. I am amazed they got a bowl ban as this is customary in D1 football. Not a big enough name I guess.

How long is the ban? Seems that there have been more egregious violations elsewhere that went unpunished.

Oh my! A bowl ban!

Will probably save them money.

Pitt should try that strategy. It will save them from spending to go to some mediocre bowl. Then they can reinvest that money to get some really good recruits!

Oh my! A bowl ban!

Will probably save them money.

Pitt should try that strategy. It will save them from spending to go to some mediocre bowl. Then they can reinvest that money to get some really good recruits!
You beat me to it. It actually pays more to cheat at the greatest level. The greater success, the less (or no) discipline. Pretty much guarantee that every SEC program other than Vandy cheats much worse than Missouri.

Meanwhile, the B level bowls are money pits. We may bemoan the seasons we finish 5-7 and just shy of a(nother) junk bowl in the likes of Birmingham or el Paso, but assuredly, Pitt accountants let out a dignified whoop. Not to mention the brass and spouses who surely must despise having to make those bothersome treks to those backwater places to watch a godforsaken neanderthal football game. Bad enough they have to fake interest for the 6 or 7 home games...

I wonder if Kelly Bryant is eligible to transfer and re-enter the transfer portal? Arkansas or Auburn might try to pursue him again if they’re allowed to.

Can’t imagine he’s happy with this. Went there for (I believe) his last year of eligibility and now Missouri is ineligible. Talk about some tough luck.
I don't get why he would want to leave just because he'll miss one extra insignificant game. Missouri isn't going to the CFP or SEC championship and I seriously doubt he was expecting to win a championship there.

He just wants to improve his QB stock for the pros and felt that Mizzou was the best place for that.

If he does try to leave, it would be for another reason and this would be used as an excuse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT