ADVERTISEMENT

Long time popular bands/artists that you don't like

Mar 23, 2019
For a change, let's list some cases where our listening tastes are outliers...keep it to artists that have been popular for a length of time and not one hit wonders.

I don't like/hate:
Bob Dylan
Boston
AC/DC
Poison

I haven't followed modern music for a long time, so I am sure there would be a lot I hated there too, but stuff like this really made me an outlier

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
ACDC
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dave Matthews Band
Boston/Kansas/Alabama
The Eagles
Bon Jovi
Pretty much any modern band
Metallica
Rush
Queen
Aerosmith
Van Halen
The Doors
Kiss
I could probably go on for days without a specific list of qualifiers, but that's a start.

Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
Radiohead
Dave Matthews Band
Aerosmith
Guns N Roses
Elton John
Rolling Stones
Beach Boys
Van Halen
The Smiths
Kiss
Journey
Metallica

Too many to name really.

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
ACDC
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dave Matthews Band
Boston/Kansas/Alabama
The Eagles
Bon Jovi
Metallica
Rush
Queen
Aerosmith
Van Halen
The Doors
Kiss
I could probably go on for days without a specific list of qualifiers, but that's a start.
What are you a critic for Rolling Stone ?
aka an ---hole ?

Reactions: Saboteur
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
Radiohead
Dave Matthews Band
Aerosmith
Guns N Roses
Elton John
Rolling Stones
Beach Boys
Van Halen
The Smiths
Kiss
Journey
Metallica

Too many to name really.
I already know you are .:rolleyes:

Eric (I never smile ) Clapton
Grace (oil) Slick Jefferson Starship
Bob (I was to stoned to sing at a concert so I passed out on stage) Dylan
Bee (Gee I hate their music) Gees
James (I need a friend) Taylor

Last edited:
O.K. I'll give you Creed , and Tiny Tim .
Tim's marriage on Mike Douglas still kills me .

You're not going to give me Limp? It sounds like someone needs to listen to Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water from start to finish. You can thank me later.

I’ve had a hard time liking The Rolling Stones. I absolutely can’t understand Kiss.

I could be wrong, and I certainly don't mean to offend the battalion of Kiss Army, but I've always viewed them as more of a spectacle/lifestyle than an actual serious band... kind of how The Fast and the Furious isn't trying to be a great movie in a traditional sense but is instead trying to appeal to a certain audience and relying on a loud of loud noises and visuals rather than a brilliant script.

REM is a terrible freakin band.

phish too. Every person in my high school liked phish in late 90s, this desire to be a teenage dead head. Annoyed me to no end.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Kiss. They’re like Spinal Tap, a show, minus the musical talent.
Led Zeppelin. Robert Plants voice is cringe worthy.
Grateful Dead. Never did drugs, so I don’t get it.
Dave Mathews Band- mumble mess.
Any modern music- unrelatable

Note: May be great people- I just don’t care for their artistry

Pitbull-

I can’t believe this guy is so successfui-where is the talent - where is ANY originality.

John Mayer

Just cause he purposely doesn’t enunciate his words and you can’t understand what the hell he’s saying when he sings.

Jay Z -

incredibly overrated rapper (solid producer though)
The worst part of his songs are when he raps.

The Rolling Stones

I get that they are one of the early classic rock bands that some other rock bands were probably influenced by in some way and they deserve credit for being together for so long and for keeping a tremendous following, but I just never got what the appeal was with this band or what is so wonderful about most of their music. They are one of the only rock bands that I never have an urge to listen to.

Cardi B

Again, she may be a terrific person, but I just don’t get the appeal with her voice.

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
ACDC
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dave Matthews Band
Boston/Kansas/Alabama
The Eagles
Bon Jovi
Metallica
Rush
Queen
Aerosmith
Van Halen
The Doors
Kiss

This is funny.

You don’t like the old stuff. You don’t like the new stuff. Who do you like?

I’m guessing bands between 1980 and 2000.
I like a lot of music from that period too if that’s the case.

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
ACDC
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dave Matthews Band
Boston/Kansas/Alabama
The Eagles
Bon Jovi
Metallica
Rush
Queen
Aerosmith
Van Halen
The Doors
Kiss
So everybody then. You dislike music as a whole. Got it.

Kiss. They’re like Spinal Tap, a show minus the musical talent.

Not a bad analogy at all. Spinal Tap is just missing the makeup and platform shoes.

Kiss was super cool though if you were introduced to them at 7-8 years old. “Beth”sung by Peter Criss and written by both Criss and Bob Ezrin is their best song.

This is funny.

You don’t like the old stuff. You don’t like the new stuff. Who do you like?

I’m guessing bands between 1980 and 2000.
I like a lot of music from that period too if that’s the case.

Haha, most of my favorites began in the 60's or 70's. For example, Bob Dylan would be very near the top of my list. But I also like a lot of 80's and 90's stuff. I really don't have a definitive time period or anything... it's just that I've tried to get into some of the newer bands out there and couldn't. I think I just have an innate hatred for most things modern, and unfortunately it includes music. I actually wish there were some newer bands out there I was into. I mean, I like some Ryan Adams songs... some Craig Finn stuff... a little Hawksley Workman material... a tiny bit from The National... some stuff from Deer Tick. But I don't feel the same way listening to any of this stuff as I used to when I'd first listen to albums back in my younger day. There have been people who have tried to get me into some newer bands, and I just don't connect with 99.99999% of them.

So everybody then. You dislike music as a whole. Got it.

karen-meangirls.jpg

-Radiohead is my number 1 by far. Absolutely hate every song Ive ever tried to listen to by them
-Nirvana (and most grunge)
-Dave Matthews-opened for him at Star Lake forever ago, cool ass dude, hate his music.
-Auto Tune kid rappers
-The Smiths/Depeche Mode and all those WXXP new wave type bands

Jay Z -

Besides being a hilarious statement, I think you might mean executive producer. He wasnt behind the board too often. Ive been a fan since day 1 and I couldnt even name 1 song hes produced music for

Note: May be great people- I just don’t care for their artistry

Pitbull-

I can’t believe this guy is so successfui-where is the talent - where is ANY originality.

John Mayer

Just cause he purposely doesn’t enunciate his words and you can’t understand what the hell he’s saying when he sings.

Jay Z -

The Rolling Stones

I get that they are one of the early classic rock bands that some other rock bands were probably influenced by in some way and they deserve credit for being together for so long and for keeping a tremendous following, but I just never got what the appeal was with this band or what is so wonderful about most of their music. They are one of the only rock bands that I never have an urge to listen to.

Cardi B

Again, she may be a terrific person, but I just don’t get the appeal with her voice.
Mayer is a talented guitarist.

There’s too many to list. However, I will tell you that Aerosmith and KISS have always escaped me. I just don’t get them at all - never have.

I kinda get like AC/DC type bands just on a pure testosterone level. They’re not my thing, but I get it kinda/sorta.

Also, I get Aerosmith in like 1977. However, they have produced so much garbage for so long that I don’t understand their popularity.

KISS always struck me as more of a marketing vehicle than an actual rock band. I look at them as more of like a branding agency than anything else. I have no time for that.

I also saw them as the fathers of the hairband movement and I think that’s the worst musical movement in modern rock history.

I can’t say I like or respect any of those bands. That was right in the middle of my formative years and honestly, I didn’t realize I even liked music until I started to be exposed to other forms of rock music and realized that I loved music, I just didn’t like terrible music.

The Grateful Dead. I’m in the generation that generated their biggest fans. I hate their music.

Motley Crue. Personal reasons. I once was dating someone I thought was great. Then, she met Vince Neil. I quickly became just another name on her Christmas card list. I also think their music is awful.

Korn. I have represented a lot of musicians. Including 3 members of this group. I absolutely hated their music.

There are many other groups whose music I don’t get or I don’t particularly care for, but those are the three which are on the podium.

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
ACDC
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dave Matthews Band
Boston/Kansas/Alabama
The Eagles
Bon Jovi
Metallica
Rush
Queen
Aerosmith
Van Halen
The Doors
Kiss
Wow! Do you basically hate anyone that was popular?

-Radiohead is my number 1 by far. Absolutely hate every song Ive ever tried to listen to by them
-Nirvana (and most grunge)
-Dave Matthews-opened for him at Star Lake forever ago, cool ass dude, hate his music.
-Auto Tune kid rappers
-The Smiths/Depeche Mode and all those WXXP new wave type bands
I am scared to ask who you like?

I half agree. I really want to like them but can only listen to a few songs before I have to turn them off. They are too sterile for me. And I can't stand Lee's voice, though I think he sounds much better when he sings in his lower register. I don't hate them as I think they are fine musicians.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT