ADVERTISEMENT

Longest u have gone without leaving ur property

beiglepanther

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sine the Carona started other than walking thru ur yard to get the mail what is the longest amount of time. Tomorrow about 8 am will ne 48 hrs for me.

29 days underway was my longest stint onboard my ship without coming back to port.

I have several dogs so I am out daily unless its tough sleddin on the hood sidewalks

I was thinking about this the other day. I went from last Wednesday until this Wednesday without leaving my property other than the times I went out to run (but I dont count that). That is definitely a record for me. First couple days were rough but I al getting used to it. Its not so bad.

Reactions: Nashville Panther
Six days at a time is the longest I can remember.

I had both knees scoped at the same time a couple of years ago.

I got home on a Friday afternoon from surgery and didn't leave the house until the next Thursday.

I paid for it too. The simple act of getting in and out of my car caused my knees to swell up like cantaloupes the next day.

I didn't get out again until the next Tuesday.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Maybe 60 hours or so. It was a weekend during a particularly bad snowstorm when the Winter Olympics were on TV. I think they were being held in Lillehammer that year.

I drove 12 miles to get take out last night....just to get out.

I have not put in my contact lenses in the last 2 weeks.

Reactions: Pitt79
Other than sleeping at night maybe 3 hrs.

Mrs Buffett and I are going for a 30 mile bike ride at some time today.

That was an approved outdoor activity in Gov Loser's list of approved activities.
Walking
Running
Biking

As long as it's not with a large group.
Lol imbecile.

Last edited:
Not long since I take kids out to hike trails a bit every day. It’s good for everyone’s sanity and no risk on social distances.... we go only to trails where you almost never see others

Had my hip replaced and was on blood thinners so I was housebound for 10 days.

Sine the Carona started other than walking thru ur yard to get the mail what is the longest amount of time. Tomorrow about 8 am will ne 48 hrs for me.
I am social distancing about 21 hours a day. I go out to check on 2 older sisters once a day, keeping my distance and washing my hands when entering and leaving. Also picking up a Micky D. coffee on the way. Keep in mind I am not in a stay at home area but am still trying to be extra cautious.

you shouldn't. sit your butt at home unless you're going for a wlak or have to go to the grocery store/pharmacy/bank.
dude, go outside, look at the sun, breathe some air. you old wack jobs are sitting on your couches behind locked doors and closed blinds are starting to worry me..

go out, say hi to people. avoid the Chinese rub n tug massage parlors for a few weeks and you'll be fine.. bank? Who goes to a bank. online banking, now during the virus, after it's over, forever.. don't go to a bank..

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
dude, go outside, look at the sun, breathe some air. you old wack jobs are sitting on your couches behind locked doors and closed blinds are starting to worry me..

go out, say hi to people. avoid the Chinese rub n tug massage parlors for a few weeks and you'll be fine.. bank? Who goes to a bank. online banking, now during the virus, after it's over, forever.. don't go to a bank..
Mrs Buffett just went out and shot two squirrels.
There's lots to do.

We finally going on our 11am bike ride which was delayed by a few riders.

Reactions: WeaverIsComing
All the big box stores are open.
Go walk around a grocery store.
Buy some stuff and fix your home, apt, or chipmunk cage???

No thanks. That doesn't sound like much fun. The plus side of this is my car fuel expenses have gone from $300/month to right around $0

I went by a Costco yesterday that was limiting the number of people in their store at a time. Great theory. The stupid part of it was they had a line formed around one side of the building, and all of the customers were standing close together in line.

It supports my theory that Costco customers aren't the sharpest of folks.

I am social distancing about 21 hours a day. I go out to check on 2 older sisters once a day, keeping my distance and washing my hands when entering and leaving. Also picking up a Micky D. coffee on the way. Keep in mind I am not in a stay at home area but am still trying to be extra cautious.
Me, too. I walk to the mailbox, the wife and i took a long ride last Sunday but never left the car. We've done one food takeout, been cooking at home. We'll take a walk this afternoon. Getting cabin fever is better than virus fever. Last social event was 2 Fridays ago.....small dinner with friends.

I actually cut our grass today. I got excited that my mower started with just two cord-pulls. It was the highlight of my week. :rolleyes:

It’s insane the amount of money I will save. I would guess from Friday lunchtime til the Sunday evening Stromboli will save about 150.00 too 250.00 a weekend
We go to Happy Hours.....a couple apps & 2 drinks. Still costs $50-60.00. I tip using the normal cost as the base. Frequently meet friends or bump into them by chance. Add in a couple full dinners and you've easily dropped a grand/month. But it's fun.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
2 more, tops. Mid April is the longest this will go before start back to our routines.

Not so fast. Even if some companies tell you to come back into the office, nobody will be going to restaurants, church, youth sports, pro sports, etc until the virus is gone. Life wont go back to normal while its out there in any significant manner.

Not so fast. Even if some companies tell you to come back into the office, nobody will be going to restaurants, church, youth sports, pro sports, etc until the virus is gone. Life wont go back to normal while its out there in any significant manner.
Hoping won't get you to 6000. "Significant"...."If".....keep hedging, junior.

If things are open those who haven't yet gotten sick will begin to go.

Reactions: NTOP
Had my prostate removed 4 years ago and spent 10 days at home, primarily in a recliner as that was the only position halfway tolerable for sleep. Other than cutting into my exercise routine and nothing but negativity in the news this is a piece of cake.

I actually cut our grass today. I got excited that my mower started with just two cord-pulls. It was the highlight of my week. :rolleyes:

That IS good news! I still have to empty my snowblower because it has a full tank of gas that my wife put in because she thought she was going to use it a while back. Never had to, except once this year. So I'll be doing that tomorrow. Then get the mower ready for a cutting, which will probably happen in the next week.

I stayed at home for 3 days, I think, when I had my gall bladder removed 2 years ago. That was the longest I was confined to my home for any length of time. Even now, I drive around and go to the supermarket and Target just to get out. I do the social distancing thing, wear gloves and use my own pen to sign anything. And the wife and I go to a park and walk or run just to get out and keep our sanity.

I'm not used to staying in one place for long....ever. I travel for work and am gone 3 or 4 days a week and I fly a few times a week. So this is really a big change for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT