ADVERTISEMENT

Longest u have gone without leaving ur property

If things are open those who haven't yet gotten sick will begin to go.

Barely. Some restaurants will open but very few people are going to go. And churches, pro/college/youth sports will remain closed.....at least to fans. You will be able to go to work, the grocery store, and some restaurants. Life wont be normal until there is a vaccine or a current drug is deemed effective.

Barely. Some restaurants will open but very few people are going to go. And churches, pro/college/youth sports will remain closed.....at least to fans. You will be able to go to work, the grocery store, and some restaurants. Life wont be normal until there is a vaccine or a current drug is deemed effective.

The take -out option for restaurants is booming.
We just got back from our regular place.
Waited 30 mins to get our order even though we called it in 40 mins ahead.
More than a dozen orders out the door ahead of us.

Life will be back to normal as soon as the new case rate flattens, begins to decline at a steady and steeper rate.
The vaccine will come later.
Business in the US will be phased in leaving the worst for last.
The business phase in will begin sometimes in April or early May.

My Mom would like to put some chipmunks in a cage.They attack her birdfeeders.
I don't think I've ever seen a chipmunk where I live. It's not something I would normally think about, but I can't remember ever seeing one in this part of North Carolina. I see squirrels everywhere, but none of their little cousins.

I don't think I've ever seen a chipmunk where I live. It's not something I would normally think about, but I can't remember ever seeing one in this part of North Carolina. I see squirrels everywhere, but none of their little cousins.

We seem to have pet chipmunks in our yard every day around here. We even have names for them.

I went by a Costco yesterday that was limiting the number of people in their store at a time. Great theory. The stupid part of it was they had a line formed around one side of the building, and all of the customers were standing close together in line.

It supports my theory that Costco customers aren't the sharpest of folks.
I never understood the appeal of going to Costco in a time like this. I went to a local grocery store on a weekday morning in a county that is "moderately" impacted right now and was able to get everything I wanted. While it wasn't completely devoid of people, it wasn't that crowds that gather at places like Costco and Sam's Club. Sure, I spent a little more money, but its worth it to not be in crazy checkout lines and have people swarming all around you.

I never understood the appeal of going to Costco in a time like this. I went to a local grocery store on a weekday morning in a county that is "moderately" impacted right now and was able to get everything I wanted. While it wasn't completely devoid of people, it wasn't that crowds that gather at places like Costco and Sam's Club. Sure, I spent a little more money, but its worth it to not be in crazy checkout lines and have people swarming all around you.
Costco shoppers must all be descendants of one family in the deserts of Syria.

I’ve been going out every day at least once. Even if it’s just to walk to the ATM. We have an elementary school a block and a half from here and it actually takes about 12 minutes to do a full lap walking around it because it had a huge playground. So three times a week, I walk around it twice. The only time I see people during it is if they are walking their dogs. Otherwise, the streets are empty. If there is a human and a dog it’s pretty easy to stay 10 feet away.

I bought a treadmill so I wouldn’t have an excuse not to get my walking in every day even if the weather is bad. It was supposed to be delivered and installed yesterday but that was delayed because of the lockdown. They said they could deliver it and leave it at the front door but not bring it in or install it. They said they would come back after the lockdown ends to install it. I told them if they did that it would still be outside the front door when they returned. It weighs 300 pounds and we aren’t going to bring it in. So they postponed the delivery also.

Pre-virus, Masha normally rode her bike in the beach bike path every other day. The alternate days she went to a gym. The gym is closed so she walks with me on days she doesn’t ride the bike. Of course, while I do two laps around the school, she stays and does another two. But she doesn’t ride much on the beach now.

The only times I have driven have been to the grocery store to pickup orders we make online. Theoretically, they have delivery also but it is always booked solid. Three times we had our cart ready and I went online right at midnight when they add another day to the schedule. Three times that new day was booked completely before I could place our order. I think the chances of winning the lottery are better.

The pickups appear to be very safe. They have an underground garage with two spaces near the elevator reserved for pickups. You call them on your cell phone when you park and someone wearing a mask and gloves brings the order in a shopping cart. You pop open the trunk and they put the groceries in. The only contact (I do it and it’s optional) is opening the window part way to hand them a tip. I emailed them and suggested they allow you to add the tip online but so far they haven’t.

Even for pickup orders we have had to order 4 or 5 days in advance. We avoid any non-packaged food so that cuts down on fresh fruit and vegetables.

Both times I have driven there, there have been lines waiting to get in because they are restricting the number of people in the store. At least out here, people are staying 6 feet or more apart in line.

Amazon has been a godsend. We have been ordering non-perishable items, cat food, litter and other miscellaneous items through them. Our cat Feancesca’s favorite food is Fancy Feast Grilled Salmon. They were out online in Ralph’s so we got a case of 24 cans on Amazon. Two day delivery and now we have a 75 day supply. Masha cooks from scratch all the food for the dog, so we get that from the grocery. I just hope Bacchus doesn’t tire of chicken.

I think the extended stay at home just took it's toll on the marriage of a guy I know through my work.

We had an online meeting scheduled to discuss an upcoming project, and he just called to tell me we'd have to postpone it.

I told him that we could proceed whenever he was ready, and he volunteered the fact that his wife asked him for a divorce yesterday.

I'm afraid this could be a common result from the pressures people are dealing with. Income loss; uncertain futures; debt; no work to focus on; too much drinking because of not working; strains in family relationships because people are staying in 24 / 7, etc.

I’ve been going out every day at least once. Even if it’s just to walk to the ATM. We have an elementary school a block and a half from here and it actually takes about 12 minutes to do a full lap walking around it because it had a huge playground. So three times a week, I walk around it twice. The only time I see people during it is if they are walking their dogs. Otherwise, the streets are empty. If there is a human and a dog it’s pretty easy to stay 10 feet away.

I bought a treadmill so I wouldn’t have an excuse not to get my walking in every day even if the weather is bad. It was supposed to be delivered and installed yesterday but that was delayed because of the lockdown. They said they could deliver it and leave it at the front door but not bring it in or install it. They said they would come back after the lockdown ends to install it. I told them if they did that it would still be outside the front door when they returned. It weighs 300 pounds and we aren’t going to bring it in. So they postponed the delivery also.

Pre-virus, Masha normally rode her bike in the beach bike path every other day. The alternate days she went to a gym. The gym is closed so she walks with me on days she doesn’t ride the bike. Of course, while I do two laps around the school, she stays and does another two. But she doesn’t ride much on the beach now.

The only times I have driven have been to the grocery store to pickup orders we make online. Theoretically, they have delivery also but it is always booked solid. Three times we had our cart ready and I went online right at midnight when they add another day to the schedule. Three times that new day was booked completely before I could place our order. I think the chances of winning the lottery are better.

The pickups appear to be very safe. They have an underground garage with two spaces near the elevator reserved for pickups. You call them on your cell phone when you park and someone wearing a mask and gloves brings the order in a shopping cart. You pop open the trunk and they put the groceries in. The only contact (I do it and it’s optional) is opening the window part way to hand them a tip. I emailed them and suggested they allow you to add the tip online but so far they haven’t.

Even for pickup orders we have had to order 4 or 5 days in advance. We avoid any non-packaged food so that cuts down on fresh fruit and vegetables.

Both times I have driven there, there have been lines waiting to get in because they are restricting the number of people in the store. At least out here, people are staying 6 feet or more apart in line.

Amazon has been a godsend. We have been ordering non-perishable items, cat food, litter and other miscellaneous items through them. Our cat Feancesca’s favorite food is Fancy Feast Grilled Salmon. They were out online in Ralph’s so we got a case of 24 cans on Amazon. Two day delivery and now we have a 75 day supply. Masha cooks from scratch all the food for the dog, so we get that from the grocery. I just hope Bacchus doesn’t tire of chicken.
Mike, what you should do is during your walk by the elementary school, if there are some bushes, sort of sit down in them and stare at the school playground. That will likely get you some excitement! You will also find out if the local authorities are abiding by the social distance guidelines. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT