ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Felipe Franks is leaving Florida

Las Panteras

All Conference
May 11, 2014
Will test pro waters and / or grad transfer.

Not sure about Pitt, but I could see FF end up in the ACC

5 star qb, got hurt and lost starting position

Reactions: bubba31
Will test pro waters and / or grad transfer.

Not sure about Pitt, but I could see FF end up in the ACC

5 star qb, got hurt and lost starting position
Why would we be interested in an upperclassman QB?

We have three very good QBs.

We have an ok to maybe good QB who needs a lot of help around him.

The other 2 are unknown. Even if I agreed Pickett was very good for the sake of the discussion saying we have 3 very good QBs is nonsense.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
Pickett - Patti - Belville

Pickett was the QB for the worst offense in school history.

Patti could only muster 17 points vs Delaware, a team who went 5-7 in FCS, and could not even challenge Pickett for playing time.

Beville has never taken a college snap so no one knows how good he is.

Any half decent QB would be guaranteed the starting job here.

Reactions: CJsE and BFo8

Patti could only muster 17 points vs Delaware, a team who went 5-7 in FCS, and could not even challenge Pickett for playing time.

And David Priestley lost the first five games of a season, before winning six in a row. Did he get better or did a coaching decision change?

Coaching matters.

Show me Pickett under performing with an OC that knows what to do from the one half yard line and I will come over to your view. Watson was just as bad.

For years PSU won, making the easy play. Guess what, that will still work today. Running the ball, passes to the backs, draw plays, throwing deep only when you didn't need to. Playing field position football.

The game is not about proving you are clever or tricky. The purpose of the game is to win.

Last edited:
Reactions: cpc247
Felipe Franks is horrible.
I would try to bring in a grad transfer and RS Pickett.
Pickett isn’t redshirting. If asked he would leave The second it came out of Narduzzi’s mouth.

Franks is okay but I don’t think he solves any of our issues. I’m gonna say it until I die, this program needs a 6’5” WR or TE who can make a play in the red zone. I’m not asking for Jon baldwin I’m asking for someone like Mike Shannahan.

Felipe Franks is horrible.

Pickett isn’t redshirting. If asked he would leave The second it came out of Narduzzi’s mouth.

Franks is okay but I don’t think he solves any of our issues. I’m gonna say it until I die, this program needs a 6’5” WR or TE who can make a play in the red zone. I’m not asking for Jon baldwin I’m asking for someone like Mike Shannahan.

Franks was the starter at Florida, that immediately makes him better than Pickett. Pickett has had 1 terrible season and 1 below average season. Nothing should be promised to him.

Franks was the starter at Florida, that immediately makes him better than Pickett. Pickett has had 1 terrible season and 1 below average season. Nothing should be promised to him.
Nothing Pickett did under Watson's coaching reflects in anyway on Pickett's ability. That offense placed Pickett in a straight jacket.

As far as this year, Pickett threw two horrible interceptions against Miami. Other than that, I have no problem with Pickett's play this season. None.

Nothing Pickett did under Watson's coaching reflects in anyway on Pickett's ability. That offense placed Pickett in a straight jacket.

As far as this year, Pickett threw two horrible interceptions against Miami. Other than that, I have no problem with Pickett's play this season. None.

He was the QB for the worst offensive team in school history. He gets no blame?

Your criteria for very good differs significantly from mine

we have a mediocre and inaccurate starter
A backup who in limited reps didn’t exactly do well.
And a kid who has never taken a college snap in a game .

And you know this Franks dude is the answer

I would try to bring in a grad transfer and RS Pickett.

It’s been explained to you multiple times in the past why this won’t work. You can’t move guys around like it’s a video game, under no circumstances would Pickett consent to taking a redshirt.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFormula
No it doesn't... Did you even watch Franks play at UF? Team was immediately better after he got hurt.

This is 100% correct, Franks is mediocre at best, has been given multiple chances and just can’t get it done when he’s in there.

His best move would be to drop down a level and work on his game there.

It’s been explained to you multiple times in the past why this won’t. You can’t move guys around like it’s a video game, under no circumstances would Pickett consent to taking a redshirt.

Then I'd give him Curt Cignetti's business card and wish him good luck.

I’d rather have a grad transfer wr, te, ot, og, and an olb over a QB and I’m not even a huge pickett fan.

oh and a safety. I’d take a grad transfer free safety over a qb too.

Reactions: gary2
I’d rather have a grad transfer wr, te, ot, og, and an olb over a QB and I’m not even a huge pickett fan.

oh and a safety. I’d take a grad transfer free safety over a qb too.

If we were going to get one solid grad transfer then surely we would want it to be an offensive lineman, wouldn't we?

If we were going to get two of them I'm not sure we shouldn't prefer two offensive linemen.

If we were going to get one solid grad transfer then surely we would want it to be an offensive lineman, wouldn't we?

If we were going to get two of them I'm not sure we shouldn't prefer two offensive linemen.
A Morrisey, Kradel, Hargrove, Houy, Warren and Van Lynn OL is not all that bad. Maybe Zubovic and Goncalves (5.7) contribute as well.

My first choices for grad transfers would be:
1 - TE
2 - Safety
3 - Linebacker

A Morrisey, Kradel, Hargrove, Houy, Warren and Van Lynn OL is not all that bad. Maybe Zubovic and Goncalves (5.7) contribute as well.

My first choices for grad transfers would be:
1 - TE
2 - Safety
3 - Linebacker

It might not be all that bad if all you are looking at is their Rivals rating. But at this point their Rivals rating means next to nothing compared to how they have actually performed on the field. And based on what's actually happened on the field most of those guys need to get a lot better to be considered "not all that bad".

It might not be all that bad if all you are looking at is their Rivals rating. But at this point their Rivals rating means next to nothing compared to how they have actually performed on the field. And based on what's actually happened on the field most of those guys need to get a lot better to be considered "not all that bad".

I bet the Rams are thrilled they ignored Aaron Donald’s low rating.

Who is our starting TE?
Who are our starting Safeties?
Who is our 4th LB?

At least we know we have guys who have started and played a good bit on the OL.

Who is our starting TE?
Who are our starting Safeties?
Who is our 4th LB?

At least we know we have guys who have started and played a good bit on the OL.

Some teams don't even use tight ends, it is, along with fullback, the least important position on offense.

And we are worried about fourth linebackers? In other words, a guy who barring injury isn't even a starter? But you aren't worried about the fact that we actually started well below average players at several positions on the offensive line? Every starter on the offensive line is more important than the tight end. Every starter on the offensive line is more important than who the fourth linebacker is. That really shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Some teams don't even use tight ends, it is, along with fullback, the least important position on offense.

And we are worried about fourth linebackers? In other words, a guy who barring injury isn't even a starter? But you aren't worried about the fact that we actually started well below average players at several positions on the offensive line? Every starter on the offensive line is more important than the tight end. Every starter on the offensive line is more important than who the fourth linebacker is. That really shouldn't be that hard to understand.
Two of our OL made All ACC teams

Sure do, and we have 6 returning that played quite a bit.

And how good were those guys?

Good lord, we couldn't run the ball at all. Our quarterback was frequently running for his life. Do you really not understand that guys who are returning who aren't good don't help you win games? A couple of those guys would have to make significant improvements just to be mediocre. Is that the kind of thing that you really want to bet on?

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
And how good were those guys?

Good lord, we couldn't run the ball at all. Our quarterback was frequently running for his life. Do you really not understand that guys who are returning who aren't good don't help you win games? A couple of those guys would have to make significant improvements just to be mediocre. Is that the kind of thing that you really want to bet on?
I thought pass blocking for the most part was fine. It would have been better if there was a TE to help chip on the best edge rusher or a back worried more about the edge rusher than whoever might come free. It might have been better if we played different starting tackles. I thought the grad transfer and Warren were our worst linemen I am sure they led the line in penalties.

Pitt gave up 27 sacks in 12 games - 4 of which came last week

As far as run blocking who knows? We made no real attempt to run the ball. We have only about 5 totally predictable and often telegraphed running plays.

I do think the returning players can play. I hope the coaches do a better job of giving them a chance to succeed

Last edited:

And David Priestley lost the first five games of a season, before winning six in a row. Did he get better or did a coaching decision change?

Coaching matters.

Show me Pickett under performing with an OC that knows what to do from the one half yard line and I will come over to your view. Watson was just as bad.

For years PSU won, making the easy play. Guess what, that will still work today. Running the ball, passes to the backs, draw plays, throwing deep only when you didn't need to. Playing field position football.

The game is not about proving you are clever or tricky. The purpose of the game is to win.
You really are clueless aren’t you

Reactions: Goldbergfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT