ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville looks pretty good

doubleAA's

Freshman
Aug 26, 2005
Despite the loss, they racked up 512 yards and have one of the better RB and WR in the nation. Defense is fast and only weak spot is the secondary. Hopefully we get Mack back and have some weapons to score points. I think their offense is good enough to get over 24-27 against us, so we will be in for a game where the offense has to come.

Their offense looks very good. I wouldn’t say they look like a very good team. They were picked to be 4th in the ACC and we were 8th, so they most likely will be favored?
It will be a tough game, if we can stop the run and force them to pass and get some turnovers we will be in good shape. Ooooooorrrr... if we can some how come out alive on offense and get ahead quickly that would be of great benefit as well!

Will be a good test. I think it’s fair to say they have an explosive offense and a questionable defense, well coached as well imo.

Have seen both Pitt -3 and 3.5, obviously a big deal involving the key number of 3.

I love what they do offensively. They show you a lot going East to west. Everything is motion and misdirection. And they do a really good job of having plays build off each other. So it’s difficult to identify what is coming at you because it looks like the previous play, meanwhile it’s a throw to the TE across the field. It’s really good stuff and difficult to defend, while not being difficult to install.

Their passing game against Miami wasn’t really great until Miami had to cover Tutu with a safety. And then he went off. We need to keep him contained.

We need a lot of TFLs to force them to have to throw the ball. Everything feeds off of their stretch play. Even with a few minutes left in the game and down two scores, they were running that stretch play. They do not want to have to come out of it. We need to get them out of it.

Defensively I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything like them. They run a 3-4, but run it with small players. There’s no lane clogging nose tackle. It’s a bunch of under 300 pound gap shooters. It would be like running a 3-4 with three Kanceys

They also ran a lot of zero high safe looks against Miami. We have to take advantage of that. How? I’m not sure. On one play Lashlee motioned the WR to draw in the safety near the line pre-snap, and post-snap pulled the guard like it was a run and had the QB take off forward like a QB power run so the LBs and that safety came forward, then had the QB step back and throw it to a wide open RB. It was more creativity than Whipple is capable of on his best day. So I’m not sure, “just do what Miami did” is an answer to how we exploit it?

Ideally I’d like to see the OL plow through their undersized 3-4. Slow the pace of the game down so it’s not a scoring fest. And if they bring their safety down so there is nobody on the backside, our WRs just have to win the one on one matchup before the pressure gets there.
Pickett needs to not get happy feet and bail, because I really think the plays will be there. Our WRs should be able to win these matchups a lot. He just can’t take off the second the pocket moves any.

I was impressed with their team speed
If Louisville is getting points this week from Vegas take them. They will score more than 30 against Pitt. The question will be whether the Pitt off against A P will show up this week. I have my doubts.

Despite the loss, they racked up 512 yards and have one of the better RB and WR in the nation. Defense is fast and only weak spot is the secondary. Hopefully we get Mack back and have some weapons to score points. I think their offense is good enough to get over 24-27 against us, so we will be in for a game where the offense has to come.
We will have to score a serious number of touchdowns to win this game. They are going to score...very explosive. We'll need at least 35 to win IMO.

Ideally I’d like to see the OL plow through their undersized 3-4. Slow the pace of the game down so it’s not a scoring fest. And if they bring their safety down so there is nobody on the backside, our WRs just have to win the one on one matchup before the pressure gets there.
Pickett needs to not get happy feet and bail, because I really think the plays will be there. Our WRs should be able to win these matchups a lot. He just can’t take off the second the pocket moves any.

Pitt's most effective running play against Cuse was the Power with the H-Back in the backfield and pulling the off guard. They seem to block that running play the best. It would be nice to get Carter back and run that play to death against a small defense. Then maybe you can hit them with play action.

that little WR they have looks ridiculous. not just a jet sweep guy either, think he had like 70 catches last year. a small quick guy that actually runs vertical patterns.. He'll be one to keep an eye on..

Don’t believe for one second Duzz will unclench (pick your area of anatomy). Big conference foe means coaching tight and the players mirroring their coach. Have seen it all too often. Hope I’m wrong.

that little WR they have looks ridiculous. not just a jet sweep guy either, think he had like 70 catches last year. a small quick guy that actually runs vertical patterns.. He'll be one to keep an eye on..

Tutu is a stud. He’s probably the most dynamic player on the field against most every team on their schedule. There’s nothing we can do about that.

What we need to do is keep him in front of us. UL wants to run, run, and then throw the ball deep down field. They don’t want to have to methodically knife teams through the passing game. We need to force them to have to do that.

I imagine a too-familiar script. Pitt marches down the field to score. 7-0. Louisville immediately counterstrikes, then scores after a Pitt turnover to take the lead and extend it before halftime. By the time the Panthers find their footing, it's Ketchup football. Louisville wins, 34-21.

If the receivers catch passes they should catch, and the kicker makes field goals he should make, Pitt has a good shot to win.

If the receivers catch passes they should catch, and the kicker makes field goals he should make, Pitt has a good shot to win.
Lot of shoulds in there. Your point is very valid though. Pitt is CAPABLE of winning this game with authority and actually sending that message Pat talked about in week 1. These guys were picked to finish 4 spots ahead of us. Lets go show them how wrong they were.

Reactions: PantherO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT