ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Pitt Prediction, Game Preview

PittLegends

Redshirt
Sep 7, 2019
Can Pitt Offense Keep Up with Louisville ?

Not sure I have that much confidence in the Pitt offense after last week.
I know that Syracuse has a decent Defense but I need to see more with the RB's and TE's.
Our corners better be ready this week.
It will be close in the 4th I believe.
Gonna need the defense to win this one IMO.

The dropped passes worry me. Their coach is good too. I like the fact that Pitt beat Syracuse despite playing badly. Plus, we've had a game against D1 competition now, so some negatives should have been addressed this week. I'll go with the betting line on this one.

Differing fan perspectives are interesting in this one... We worry about our offensive holes and speaking with a diehard UL fan and alum, his biggest worry is how bad he perceives their defense against ANY offense and whether their strong offense can score enough on our D to keep pace.

I'll go 31-27 Pitt.

Last win by a ranked Pitt team against another ranked team at Heinz was 2003.

Until they prove otherwise.....
L'ville 34
Pitt 30

Can Pitt Offense Keep Up with Louisville ?

Not sure I have that much confidence in the Pitt offense after last week.
I know that Syracuse has a decent Defense but I need to see more with the RB's and TE's.
Our corners better be ready this week.
It will be close in the 4th I believe.
Gonna need the defense to win this one IMO.

Louisville will score 24 Points. Will Pitt win or lose?

You guys are not giving the Pitt Defense any chance of holding them under 20 pts. Pitt 27 Louisville 17

We’ve been here before - poised to step up in national perception. Our record on such occasions for many years has been awful.

Pitt will need to score at least 35, in spite of how good our defense is.

I’m feeling the negativity, but I’m always hopeful. I’m foolishly leaning toward this being the time...this is why the players came back...

Pitt 36
Louisville 33

Go Pitt.

Pitt is the more talented team. Still think it’s a one score game either way. Need to give our wrs chances down field. Sometimes I think the hot hand at RB never gives them a chance to get hot. Would like to see a steady dose of 2 guys. (Sibley and aj Davis/Izzy)

New year, new team, new attitude and new uni's! Pitt offense opens up,
I too have lived thru too many expections and be disappointed, not this time.
Pitt 35, Lou 24.

Where are we getting all the 30-plus Pitt scoring predictions? Did we replace our offensive coaches and personnel this week and I just didn’t notice?

In games against power 5 opponents in 2019 and this season, Pitt has cracked 30 points twice-and in one of those games It took OT to do it. Most of the games were low 20s or worse.

I’m not sure about Louisville’s D, but this offense is not built to do much scoring.

Louisville 28-27, hoping I’m wrong obviously. Should be a very close entertaining game.

I predict a Pitt win and many will bitch how we didn’t do this or didn’t win by enough etc. I’ll take a win period.

I think our O can put up some points on their D... Hopefully we go downfield more instead of sideline to sideline.

Lville has some talent on O. They did pretty good Vs a Miami D with lots of NFL talent. I believe our D is better coached than the D of Miami. We will probably give up a few big plays but our D will come through when it counts.

Looking forward to this step up in comp.

I'm not going to make a prediction but I will say I think our run game has to at least be a threat that U of L defense must respect for a Pitt win. If we have no run game at all I worry about interceptions and sacks.

ADVERTISEMENT