ADVERTISEMENT

LSU-Bama

Admittedly I am somewhat of a homer for guys that I saw play in high school, but the one time I saw Jayden Daniels play I knew he would be something special. Kelly is obviously a great coach, but without Daniels this would’ve been a rebuilding year for LSU.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Admittedly I am somewhat of a homer for guys that I saw play in high school, but the one time I saw Jayden Daniels play I knew he would be something special. Kelly is obviously a great coach, but without Daniels this would’ve been a rebuilding year for LSU.
Kelly inherited a roster with less than 40 scholarship players on it and just beat Bama in year 1. Getting Daniels was critical to the quick turnaround but Kelly is a savage of a coach. Let the haters hate, he’s just scratching the surface of what he’s gonna accomplish down there.

I thought Saban should have kicked the XP to make it 22-17 in real time. It cost him.

I cannot stand Kelly, but he’s a good college football coach.

Reactions: Owl16701
Kelly seems like a miserable guy but he is definitely winning a national title there at some point.

Kelly seems like a miserable guy but he is definitely winning a national title there at some point.
Well, that has been done at LSU by three different coaches in the BCS/Playoff era. It's not a hard place to win. He just needs to win one and not choke the next few seasons away to be the thorn in Saban's side for a long time.

And to think if they would’ve beat FSU at the Dome, they’d be in the thick of the playoff discussions right now. I’ll be honest, didn’t see this happening in year one.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Kelly inherited a roster with less than 40 scholarship players on it and just beat Bama in year 1. Getting Daniels was critical to the quick turnaround but Kelly is a savage of a coach. Let the haters hate, he’s just scratching the surface of what he’s gonna accomplish down there.
Kelly is a rare coach who will succeed no matter where he goes. Look at how many successful coaches fail at their second stop.

Well, that has been done at LSU by three different coaches in the BCS/Playoff era. It's not a hard place to win. He just needs to win one and not choke the next few seasons away to be the thorn in Saban's side for a long time.
Partially agree-LSU is one of that small handful of programs that has the necessary ingredients to win a NC-but nobody has sustained a high degree of success there-Saban would have but he jumped right after he won the NC.

Kelly can separate himself if he gets them to the point of being in that realistic CFP discussion at the end of the regular season most years.

Reactions: Conemaugh
ADVERTISEMENT