ADVERTISEMENT

LSU defense

BFo8

Head Coach
Apr 2, 2013
We all know how LSU lost nearly everyone on both sides of the ball, as it’s been mentioned during their games over and over again. Well it’s looks like the offense is humming along nicely, but Bo Pellini’s defense is absolutely horrible.

Missouri has been lousy on offense the first couple games and is missing 3 wr’s today, but they are lighting up the LSU defense badly so far. For all the talk of LSU missing Joe Brady Im thinking 5ey miss Dave Amanda much more.

It also put the Mississippi St performance against this LSU defense in perspective a bit, maybe not nearly so impressive as originally thought.

We all know how LSU lost nearly everyone on both sides of the ball, as it’s been mentioned during their games over and over again. Well it’s looks like the offense is humming along nicely, but Bo Pellini’s defense is absolutely horrible.

Missouri has been lousy on offense the first couple games and is missing 3 wr’s today, but they are lighting up the LSU defense badly so far. For all the talk of LSU missing Joe Brady Im thinking 5ey miss Dave Amanda much more.

It also put the Mississippi St performance against this LSU defense in perspective a bit, maybe not nearly so impressive as originally thought.
Yea - Over was the way to go on this one. I’ll keep this in mind for future matchups.

Honestly not sold on their offense either. We’ll find out when they play somebody.

Honestly not sold on their offense either. We’ll find out when they play somebody.

Brennan is definitely better than I expected, he’s not bad. Admittedly they can’t run the ball worth a lick though, if they can’t find some sort of balance on offense it will come back to bite them against better teams.

And I thought Pitt had some bad clock management/play calling sequences on 1st and goal at the one. Even on the 3rd down pass that was batted down he wouldn’t have gotten in the end zone in all likelihood. Just total mismanagement from LSU right there.
It makes you wonder if Eddie O is closer to Gene Chizik or a legit Top 10 HC in college football.

It makes you wonder if Eddie O is closer to Gene Chizik or a legit Top 10 HC in college football.

I have never, ever thought Orgeron was anywhere close to a top 10 coach. Awesome recruiter, great guy, but can’t coach his way out of a paper bag. Their path to success has been to surround him with the best assistants money can buy and let him focus on recruiting and PR work. Missing both Brady and Aranda this season is showing how compromised their coaching staff is.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

He looks like kind of a different HC without Joe Burrow, doesn't he?

But also the D has to be questioned. Giving up 45 and 44 points in losses to Mizzou and Miss St respectively.

And with ALL that talent?!?!?!

I have never, ever thought Orgeron was anywhere close to a top 10 coach. Awesome recruiter, great guy, but can’t coach his way out of a paper bag. Their path to success has been to surround him with the best assistants money can buy and let him focus on recruiting and PR work. Missing both Brady and Aranda this season is showing how compromised their coaching staff is.
I agree with you. Singularly he isn’t close, but as a CEO type of coach he would get consideration.

He looks like kind of a different HC without Joe Burrow, doesn't he?

But also the D has to be questioned. Giving up 45 and 44 points in losses to Mizzou and Miss St respectively.

And with ALL that talent?!?!?!
Burrow is the least of his losses last year. Brady and Aranda were the really big ones.

Reactions: BFo8
Burrow is the least of his losses last year. Brady and Aranda were the really big ones.

You see just how bad that LSU defense really is when you see what Mississippi St has done on offense the last 2 games. Absolutely embarrassed by Arkansas and Kentucky, have not scored a single point in their last 20 possessions.

You see just how bad that LSU defense really is when you see what Mississippi St has done on offense the last 2 games. Absolutely embarrassed by Arkansas and Kentucky, have not scored a single point in their last 20 possessions.
Can’t believe Pelini got that job. After Aranda That’s like trading in your Maserati for a Gremlin.

Can’t believe Pelini got that job. After Aranda That’s like trading in your Maserati for a Gremlin.

I was surprised as well, figured they would stick to their tried and true method of getting the best DC money can buy. Now after only a couple games it seems like Pelini is on the hot seat and people are questioning him switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

Unless something is fixed quickly this is not the last game they are going to lose this year when scoring 40+ points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT