ADVERTISEMENT

Make the move to Brandin after this season

Some of you guys would pass on Dan Lanning because he worked for asshole Todd Graham here.
You love calling out terrible comparisons so you deserve it on this one. Lanning was a GA at Pitt (not lead assistant) and worked his way up and made himself into a desirable candidate while working for a powerhouse program at Georgia— not a Bottom 3 Big Ten program like Rutgers. Lanning showed that he wanted to be a big-time head coach. Knight has never shown that he wants it.

Last edited:
You love calling out terrible comparisons so you deserve it on this one. Lanning was a GA at Pitt (not lead assistant) and worked his way up and made himself into a desirable candidate while working for a powerhouse program at Georgia— not a Bottom 3 Big Ten program like Rutgers. Lanning showed that he wanted to be a big-time head coach. Knight has never shown that he wants it.
Rutgers is not a bottom three program lol. Penn State, Nebraska, Minnesota, Northwestern are all worse historically and currently, and you could make arguments for a few more schools after that. The fact that Rutgers has performed better than their historic level is a testament to their current coaching staff, of which BK is a huge part of.

For anyone questioning Amari Evans "talent" like bballinsinder has done and why Pitt is recruiting him harder than any other school right now, this is Amari Evans against the #1 high school player in the country regardless of class, Cooper Flagg.

Rutgers is not a bottom three program lol. Penn State, Nebraska, Minnesota, Northwestern are all worse historically and currently, and you could make arguments for a few more schools after that. The fact that Rutgers has performed better than their historic level is a testament to their current coaching staff, of which BK is a huge part of.
Terrible facilities, no tradition, poor administration… Rutgers is 100% a bottom 3 program in the Big Ten. I can’t imagine there’s very much debate either. They finally nailed their head coaching position for the first time probably ever. Credit to them for that, but still a bottom feeder Big Ten basketball program, and especially a bottom feeder athletic department.

For anyone questioning Amari Evans "talent" like bballinsinder has done and why Pitt is recruiting him harder than any other school right now, this is Amari Evans against the #1 high school player in the country regardless of class, Cooper Flagg.

He’s a 6’4 power forward. RMU would be a nice landing spot

But yes out of context highlights from AAU, not real basketball, where he’s playing *gasp* power forward will convince me.

How is Femi Odukale doing

Terrible facilities, no tradition, poor administration… Rutgers is 100% a bottom 3 program in the Big Ten. I can’t imagine there’s very much debate either. They finally nailed their head coaching position for the first time probably ever. Credit to them for that, but still a bottom feeder Big Ten basketball program, and especially a bottom feeder athletic department.
So again, you’re making the argument FOR BK. You get that right

Facilities seem more than fine to me. Probably at least top quartile in high major basketball, and top third in the Big Ten.

Not talented enough. He’ll play most of his career in there Horizon

Are you drinking again?

He's got offers from Tennessee, Villanova, Xavier, Penn State, Marquette, Oklahoma State, Providence, etc.. His AAU numbers were good, his overtime elite numbers are really good, and he's pushing the national top 50 on ON3's updated rankings. He's going to be a good player again in the EYBL this summer.

Are you drinking again?

He's got offers from Tennessee, Villanova, Xavier, Penn State, Marquette, Oklahoma State, Providence, etc.. His AAU numbers were good, his overtime elite numbers are really good, and he's pushing the national top 50 on ON3's updated rankings. He's going to be a good player again in the EYBL this summer.
RMU level. I’ve seen him play actual games in person. Would be a solid addition in Horizon. Has offers based on trying to package Meleek. Femi says hello

So again, you’re making the argument FOR BK. You get that right

Kinda. Rutgers is definitely the worst program in the B10. 2 NCAA Tournament appearances since 1991. 1 NCAAT win since 1991. They play in an oversized HS gym. What Pikiell has done there should put him in the HOF. Brandin had played a role, I'm sure, but you yourself have said that Pikiell is a great HC. He probably achieves this success without Brandin.

I would be on board with BK under one scenario:

- he takes a serious hometown discount, laden with incentives in order to have the highest paid AC's in the nation

He would need to have his staff already picked before the interview. Need an experienced Associate Head Coach. Ben Howland? And need a big-time recruiter, one of the best in the country. If he puts together a plan and a staff for the interview, I would be ok with it.

RMU level. I’ve seen him play actual games in person. Would be a solid addition in Horizon. Has offers based on trying to package Meleek. Femi says hello

I don't know the kid but we really can't be taking freshmen who cant be "plus" players right away. We already have Amdy Ndiaye, who isnt going to play next season. That's our one developmental spot that we can "stash" on the bench for a few years. Assuming everyone comes back (and I know thats impossible), this is what our roster needs to be

PG - Lowe
SG - Carrington
SF - big-time transfer
PF - big-time transfer
C - big-time transfer

Bench
Leggett - the Sibande role
Austin
GDG
Kante
Jorge
Cummings

Not in rotation
Barnes or Jeffress (cant keep both)
Ndiaye

Kinda. Rutgers is definitely the worst program in the B10. 2 NCAA Tournament appearances since 1991. 1 NCAAT win since 1991. They play in an oversized HS gym. What Pikiell has done there should put him in the HOF. Brandin had played a role, I'm sure, but you yourself have said that Pikiell is a great HC. He probably achieves this success without Brandin.

I would be on board with BK under one scenario:

- he takes a serious hometown discount, laden with incentives in order to have the highest paid AC's in the nation

He would need to have his staff already picked before the interview. Need an experienced Associate Head Coach. Ben Howland? And need a big-time recruiter, one of the best in the country. If he puts together a plan and a staff for the interview, I would be ok with it.
Pikiell a great recruiter but is absolutely not a great coach on the court. Have you watched Rutgers games the last few seasons?

Ok, lets play this game.

This year, Pitt misses all post season tournaments.

Next year, Pitt goes to the NIT.

Pitt holds on to all the 4 stars on the roster and adds 5 star Meleek Thomas, 4 star Derek Dixon, and 4 star Amari Evans, 3 of the top 50ish best players nationally in a stud filled 2025 class.

Your the ad. What do you do.

That's an easy decision. You get a new coach.

One top 5 freshman with 2 4-stars isn't going to move the needle in any meaningful way.

That's an easy decision. You get a new coach.

One top 5 freshman with 2 4-stars isn't going to move the needle in any meaningful way.
They’re also not gonna get Meleek in this situation when he’s getting the same or more money from guaranteed tourney teams. But let’s say he’s committed. You get the new coach because he might be able to keep them too. It’s a no brainer.

They’re also not gonna get Meleek in this situation when he’s getting the same or more money from guaranteed tourney teams. But let’s say he’s committed. You get the new coach because he might be able to keep them too. It’s a no brainer.

Yeah. It's utterly ridiculous to keep a
bad coach by dangling the carrot of the next recruiting class,

That's always been a bad strategy. Even mores so now with the portal/NIL. It's now mostly about how well you can construct a roster on a yearly basis and get it to gel.

Capel has a long resume. You know what he is going to give you. You're either fine with that, or you're not.

Dior Johnson with another 30 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assist game.

Juco National Player of the year?

Dominating like I said he would. Nice job Pitt administration waiting for the very last minute possible to cut this kid.

Dominating like I said he would. Nice job Pitt administration waiting for the very last minute possible to cut this kid.
He did that himself choking and tying up that girl

Reactions: Ski11585

Dominating like I said he would. Nice job Pitt administration waiting for the very last minute possible to cut this kid.L
9 high schools and choked a female. I don’t care if he scores 100 a game, he’s not worth the trouble.

Reactions: FireballZ

There have been other me first players with character issues that he’s recruited. It isn’t the first one.

First off JC knew damn well the kid was gone but was hoping for a Hail Mary with the kids last appeal. That’s dumb on JC’s part to not have been prepared. Not like the kid didn’t come with a bunch of red flags.

Dior is a POS. If it was a lady from your family he choked I’m sure you would feel differently. But then again you would probably come up with some DRTGSOPX formula that defends his actions because of a game he played 6 years ago in AAU or at his 10th HS. Stop with the nonsense excuses.

IF BK can bring a good staff and the 2 studs he just got to commit, then bring him on board. If he can’t, then look elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT