ADVERTISEMENT

Make your P2 expansion predictions

Your first paragraph is exactly why Duke (very northeast type of school in Durham), Pitt, BC and Syracuse COULD struggle to find a home. They just aren’t “fits” to the XII like NCSU, GT, VT, Louisville and 4 Corners schools would be.

Lots of solid rivalries too…Black Diamond Rivalry, River Rivalry, Holy War, etc. Makes too much sense for those 20 in the event that the ACC and PAC get raided by the P2….which in the short term is a possibility, and in the long term, a near certainty……..I say “near certainty” because the ACC would join the P2 if they’re able to land ND. Just not certain that’s possible anymore with Fox pulling the strings.
Did you say "fits to the XII?" Your league literally takes ANYBODY.

Conservative Christian Schools: 2

City Schools that are basically 13th grade: 3

Large state schools in states where barely anyone lives: 4

Large state school in suburbs of major metro area: 1 (KU)

Large state school in desert area of populated state: 1

Mormon school: 1

The Big 12 has a huge mix of thrown together misfits spread throughout the country who have nothing in common. And you think its the one that's going to be doing the raiding. That's cute.

Are you insane? Its about MARKETS. That's it. The SEC isnt adding a duplicate SMALL market already dominated by one of their teams. They would add Pitt, Syracuse, friggin BC, Oregon, Arizona, literally anyone before Oklahoma State.
SEC cares about its cultural identity and “fit”as much as ND cares about its independence. Don’t take my word for it. Take Sankey’s word in literally every public statement he makes regarding SEC expansion.

Yeah, it’s only about market. Sorry Greenville. We aren’t taking Clemson. Not a big enough market. This ain’t the B1G, which is a conference that knows it’ll never compete with SEC on the field…but they sure as hell will earn more money than the SEC….and oh btw, the SEC is STILL going to earn a ton of money in addition to hoisting the hardware 9 out of 10 seasons (with TOSU getting the other one).

GTFOH

Did you say "fits to the XII?" Your league literally takes ANYBODY.

Conservative Christian Schools: 2

City Schools that are basically 13th grade: 3

Large state schools in states where barely anyone lives: 4

Large state school in suburbs of major metro area: 1 (KU)

Large state school in desert area of populated state: 1

Mormon school: 1

The Big 12 has a huge mix of thrown together misfits spread throughout the country who have nothing in common. And you think its the one that's going to be doing the raiding. That's cute.
“Red” state football just like SEC. Sorry. Just the way it is in this sport.

SEC cares about its cultural identity and “fit”as much as ND cares about its independence. Don’t take my word for it. Take Sankey’s word in literally every public statement he makes regarding SEC expansion.

Yeah, it’s only about market. Sorry Greenville. We aren’t taking Clemson. Not a big enough market. This ain’t the B1G, which is a conference that knows it’ll never compete with SEC on the field…but they sure as hell will earn more money than the SEC….and oh btw, the SEC is STILL going to earn a ton of money in addition to hoisting the hardware 9 out of 10 seasons (with TOSU getting the other one).

GTFOH
Clemson has developed into a national draw and their home market as an elite state school program is the state of South Carolina, with a population of 5 million so that's a terrible example.

The SEC can say everything they want about cultural identity but its always about money at the end of the day. The idea that they'd take a duplicate market in Oklahoma when there are plenty of other markets available, some with programs on OK St's level, is crazier than my Howard idea.

Clemson has developed into a national draw and their home market as an elite state school program is the state of South Carolina, with a population of 5 million so that's a terrible example.

The SEC can say everything they want about cultural identity but its always about money at the end of the day. The idea that they'd take a duplicate market in Oklahoma when there are plenty of other markets available, some with programs on OK St's level, is crazier than my Howard idea.
I’ll give you that they have larger state. National draw? My a**.

Clemson isn’t a national draw.

I’ll give you that they have larger state. National draw? My a**.

Clemson isn’t a national draw.
Right now they are because they're a Top 5 program. Will that continue if they fall off? No.

Now, we could have the "old Clemson" vs OK St debate. Old Clemson and OK St are similar programs. Both state schools. Duplicate markets. SC is a little larger. The SEC is only taking duplicate markets in extreme situations:

- Texas - blue blood and gives the SEC the whole state

- FSU/Miami/Clem - keep the Big Ten out of the SE

- OK St - no way. If the B10 wants them, they'll cede the small piece of the OK market that OK St brings

ACC needs to honor the Grant of Rights, and stop rocking the boat. The Big 10 and SEC cannot invite teams from the ACC, because of the Grant of Rights. That is considered tampering. As of now, the ACC is fine. They will be the 3rd Power Conference. Stay the course.

Reactions: Saboteur II
ADVERTISEMENT