ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Madden is gold right now

rpost3

Head Coach
Aug 6, 2008
Highlights (paraphrasing):

'Quit trashing Penn State. Their program is urinating on you right now.'

'If Pitt tarped the upper deck of Heinz last night the fans would've been hiding their faces under it 15 seconds into the game.'

'Have the guts to call in. You bring it on Twitter; bring it on my show.'
**Pitt fan calls in, calls fanbase hypocritical because the athletic program ranks last in ACC donations**
'Nobody cares. Goodbye' [click]

'Pitt is starting to remind me of where they were in the late 60s and early 70s.'

He also has a poll on Twitter asking if Pitt should play their games at Highmark, Wolvarena, Shaler Stadium, or South Stadium.

And that was just in the last few minutes.

'If Pitt tarped the upper deck of Heinz last night the fans would've been hiding their faces under it 15 seconds into the game.'

**Pitt fan calls in, calls fanbase hypocritical because the athletic program ranks last in ACC donations**

'Pitt is starting to remind me of where they were in the late 60s and early 70s.'

He also has a poll on Twitter asking if Pitt should play their games at Highmark, Wolvarena, Shaler Stadium, or South Stadium.

Pitt is the red-headed step child. Why would any good, established coach want to walk into this?

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
'Glorified mid-major who isn't even a herpe on PSU's nutsack' LOL

'Most arrogant fanbase in the NCAA'

He's on a roll.

The new Highmark field will actually be closer to being the appropriate size for our fan base. We'll average about 35K this year. Heinz is 67K. The new Highmark field will have over 9K seats. Do the math.

He's on a roll.

I understand his schtick but the arrogant comment is flat dumb. I’m sure there is some of that anywhere but as a result getting kicked in the old rosin bag for 30+ years I don’t know anyone even close to being arrogant about the program.

The new Highmark field will actually be closer to being the appropriate size for our fan base. We'll average about 35K this year. Heinz is 67K. The new Highmark field will have over 9K seats. Do the math.

9K might work for PSU and Notre Dame.
Might have to tarp for the other games.

Reactions: Pitt79
Paul Steigerwald was just on for 15 min talking Pitt.

Said Sherrill gtfo of town because the academic adminstration was toying with taking over the program from the jocks and it's been that way ever since, which is why they should've never even fired Foge Fazio. And if Pitt expects to compete with huge fanbases that draw fans from whole states like Univ of Wisconsin and Univ of Georgia then they have to start bending the rules a little bit again and build a small on-campus stadium.

Madden doubts even that would work and that the ship has sailed.

Hate to bring this tidbit into a funny thread, but Steigerwalt says he's 'heard from people' who've put together an on-campus stadium project on land that Pitt already owns in Oakland.

Said Sherrill gtfo of town because the academic adminstration was toying with taking over the program from the jocks and it's been that way ever since, which is why they should've never even fired Foge Fazio. And if Pitt expects to compete with huge fanbases that draw fans from whole states like Univ of Wisconsin and Univ of Georgia then they have to start bending the rules a little bit again and build a small on-campus stadium.

Hate to bring this tidbit into a funny thread, but Steigerwalt says he's 'heard from people' who've put together an on-campus stadium project on land that Pitt already owns in Oakland.

Madden is likely right. It's probably too late. The 1980s morons who doomed the program, combined with Steve's foolish belief that Heinz would fix things, was just too much. Pitt really should have had a 'Plan B' of sorts over the last 20 years, acquiring land for a potential stadium. They didn't. Game over.

Reactions: Nashville Panther

I was that hypocritical call! I love getting hung up on by Mark Madden - it's a blast

In fairness, that will be the average announced crowd. Not the actual average attendance.

Disclaimer: I stayed home last night. Too late for me.

It’s whatever, sad to say most of it is hard to argue against, but for what it’s worth, Madden pretty much trashes everyone except the Pens/Liverpool (but he does still criticize both when it’s warranted). Has trashed PSU his fair share for the JoePa mess and choking in the big games lately, has said in regards to WVU “they’re a bunch of hillbillies, who cares about them”

Do find it funny though how he trashes Narduzzi when I remember him having him on his show and talking about how he’s gonna have to make it to a game some time. But that’s when he first started here, so yeah, no surprise he turns on him now. Stuff happens, things change.

I think an overwhelming majority would've rather them fired Fazio and then never get rid of gottfried.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yeah the big mouth was humbled when Pitt beat Clemson and St Penn last year. He should quit the bashing and piling on. He's a broken record with his comments and act is old even if he does it for ratings. Yawn
He praised Pitt for both of those huge wins, and said it the time that nothing will change with the program and he is right. It is hard not to be a broken record towards Pitt when the same disappointing events happen over and over again. That's why "Pitting" exists. It is so hard to be a Pitt fan. It is like getting punched in the gut over and over mixed with occasional false hope.

If Navy beats Pitt tonight in the Veterans classic I think I will cry. That would make for a tough two days. At least we have the Penguins.

Reactions: Large Panther
Yeah the big mouth was humbled when Pitt beat Clemson and St Penn last year. He should quit the bashing and piling on. He's a broken record with his comments and act is old even if he does it for ratings. Yawn
Exactly. He’s great at picking low-hanging fruit, and his uninformed listeners mistake that for brilliance. He should stick to what he knows something about: Liverpool soccer, professional wrestling, hockey, and strippers.

Madden is likely right. It's probably too late. The 1980s morons who doomed the program, combined with Steve's foolish belief that Heinz would fix things, was just too much. Pitt really should have had a 'Plan B' of sorts over the last 20 years, acquiring land for a potential stadium. They didn't. Game over.

Mark Nordenberg's Master Plan finally is being realized.

Paco said that will never happen. Oakland needs more hospitals, hotels, and parking garages. Everybody knows that.

Reactions: vietvet1
I don’t see the humor-
But, I also have never listened to madden or any other sports talk radio-
As it’s not interesting to me.

It's just gallows humor.
Sports radio does typically suck and it's disproportionately bad in Pittsburgh for some reason.
Madden is funny in a troll kinda way.

He's on a roll.

And you like the the shit he dishes out to us? Really? PSU fans want to come at him with pitch forks when he attacks them but you sit back here and praise him. What a fanbase we have. And you wonder why we are where we are

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT