ADVERTISEMENT

MATCH DAY VS #13 Lehigh

Did they decide not to redshirt him?

Still probably redshirting him. New rule this year states wrestlers get five matches of competition before their redshirt is burned. Similar to football previously allowing players 4 games while retaining their redshirt in recent years.

That being said, it's self-immolation redshirting him. Respectfully, to hell with getting him to 240. Unless the kid himself is demanding the redshirt, keep him in. He's special - it's glaringly obvious to anyone even halfway paying attention. He's also far & away our best option at that weight.

Still probably redshirting him. New rule this year states wrestlers get five matches of competition before their redshirt is burned. Similar to football previously allowing players 4 games while retaining their redshirt in recent years.

That being said, it's self-immolation redshirting him. Respectfully, to hell with getting him to 240. Unless the kid himself is demanding the redshirt, keep him in. He's special - it's glaringly obvious to anyone even halfway paying attention. He's also far & away our best option at that weight.
They won’t but beating the #17 ranked HWT by Major Decision has them at least thinking about it.

For real. Why redshirt him? They can get him to 240ish by next year when he’s a sophomore and will have 3 years left. He looks to me like he can really help this year. Pull it off.
This is the last year with Cole, Phillipi and Nino-could be a special year with Pitzer in the lineup. I vote for no redshirt(not that anyone asked me lol) H2P

Boy Nino looked great this weekend against two tough guys. And it's hard to not be super excited about Pitzer after that performance tonight wow

Last edited:
For real. Why redshirt him? They can get him to 240ish by next year when he’s a sophomore and will have 3 years left. He looks to me like he can really help this year. Pull it off.

I'm straining to think of the last state champ caliber kid they've let loose without redshirting. Maybe Brandon Fenton? This is what they do. If Dayton is telling them he wants it, by all means. It's comical otherwise.

You would think this staff would seize the opportunity to showcase this kid after all the state champs they've churned through the last 5+ years. Zac Thomusseit walked around at 225 and kicked a$$ at HWT doing it. No question, it takes a special guy to do it. Dayton is that, though.

Reactions: Chaos
What a rebound from the night before. Camacho is improving and looking pretty good at 125. Disappointing loss for Mickey, I’ve been wondering if the weight cut has been getting to him the last couple years as he looks huge at 33.

Hellers sure are fun to watch. They look like they aren’t afraid to let it fly.

Luca looked great against a ranked kid and Nino and Dayton both came up big in their matches.

What a rebound from the night before. Camacho is improving and looking pretty good at 125. Disappointing loss for Mickey, I’ve been wondering if the weight cut has been getting to him the last couple years as he looks huge at 33.

Hellers sure are fun to watch. They look like they aren’t afraid to let it fly.

Luca looked great against a ranked kid and Nino and Dayton both came up big in their matches.

Very pleased with Luca. What he was doing wasn't landing early and he didn't fold under that. In fact, he doubled down on the effort and that eventually became execution. Love when that happens for new guys. His path this year is the one I'm following the most closely.

Another backbreaker result for Casto, but I'm not discouraged. There's talent there. Talent alone isn't enough at this level, of course. I'll know this staff has earned their check when this guy gets the development he needs.

Very pleased with Luca. What he was doing wasn't landing early and he didn't fold under that. In fact, he doubled down on the effort and that eventually became execution. Love when that happens for new guys. His path this year is the one I'm following the most closely.

Another backbreaker result for Casto, but I'm not discouraged. There's talent there. Talent alone isn't enough at this level, of course. I'll know this staff has earned their check when this guy gets the development he needs.
Why is Casto ranked so high? He's aggressive, which I like, but seems to get himself into trouble.

Why is Casto ranked so high? He's aggressive, which I like, but seems to get himself into trouble.

Because he upset the 2021 NCAA champ at the March 2022 Nationals.

He definitely has some bad habits that I'd guess stem from being able to coast being more talented than anyone he saw in the Southern conference.

This staff can shut a whole bunch of people up if they develop this kid over the next five months.

Reactions: Chaos

Friday night he totally gassed after 4-5 minutes of wrestlin. He looked the same Saturday, but got pinned before he totally gassed.

That’s what phillipi is dealing with I’m sure. Two days in a row of making 133 for the 6th year in a row. Has to be tough

Reactions: jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT