ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Canada - New Steelers OC

Impressive ability to scheme and play call to maximize the impact of the strengths and talents of his individual personnel. A simple concept that very few of his peers seem to grasp. Lot of square peg round hole, my way or the highway guys in that profession.

I still have no idea why he wasn’t hired as the permanent head coach at Maryland after the capable job he did in the interim role. The fact that they then hired one of the biggest dolts in football in Locksley makes that decision look even worse today.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I still have no idea why he wasn’t hired as the permanent head coach at Maryland after the capable job he did in the interim role. The fact that they then hired one of the biggest dolts in football in Locksley makes that decision look even worse today.
I think Canada may have some of that same Tom Hermann DNA that allows him to be a great coordinator but not a great leader.

While you’re not wrong, they probably thought they had to get rid of anything associated with that Durkin guy.

2 things

1. Lack of trust that he'd stay put.

2. Tons of pressure from alumni/former players and the MD hs coaches to hire locksley.

After the fallout from the football player death, MD needed a coach that could at least put it back on good terms with the community.

Locksley, for all his faults, is beloved in the DMV.

Isn't that the funny part? His faults (or at least the ramifications of his faults) are that he's 8-43 as a head coach. How much do you have to be beloved for 8-43 to be OK? What other coach out there who goes 8-43 is still beloved?
Looked it up and he’s from DC. Have a Yinzer go 8-43 and I bet there’d still be a few advocating for him.

Isn't that the funny part? His faults (or at least the ramifications of his faults) are that he's 8-43 as a head coach. How much do you have to be beloved for 8-43 to be OK? What other coach out there who goes 8-43 is still beloved?

He's so bad that a 2-3 record last year is his best season.

Just shows you how far personality goes in this business I guess. That’s why he always does so well on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT