ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe the most amazing feat in sports........NFL draft related

ChiefJusticeMarshall

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
The Steelers haven't had a top 5 pick since.................................1970 and Terry Bradshaw. Think about that. I don't know if any team in any sport can claim this. I think they only have drafted in the top 10 two or three times.

There was a trivia question going around lately.

Name the 4 ( i think) steelers picks in the top 10 since 1970.

I may have the number of picks and the years a little off but its tough to name them all.

There was a trivia question going around lately.

Name the 4 ( i think) steelers picks in the top 10 since 1970.

I may have the number of picks and the years a little off but its tough to name them all.
Well back to back years Worley and Reinstra were and were also busts. Was Woodson 10? Ben was pick 11. I can't remember anyone else.

The Steelers haven't had a top 5 pick since.................................1970 and Terry Bradshaw. Think about that. I don't know if any team in any sport can claim this. I think they only have drafted in the top 10 two or three times.

I thought you were going to say they set the record for most consecutive years drafting either a PSU or WVU player. Nobody likes those programs more than the SteelerPedoHillbillies.

Reactions: W1np1tt
They have the most wins and best winning percentage since 1970.
And maybe the most AFC championship game appearances or at least tied? Division championships? Steelers probably lead there too. It is pretty amazing that every franchise has spent significant time as the doormats of the league. Even the other marquee teams in the league-cowboys, 49ers, Patriots have spent considerable time as bottom feeders.

And maybe the most AFC championship game appearances or at least tied? Division championships? Steelers probably lead there too. It is pretty amazing that every franchise has spent significant time as the doormats of the league. Even the other marquee teams in the league-cowboys, 49ers, Patriots have spent considerable time as bottom feeders.
The Steelers have the most Division titles since the merger in 1970 at 24, Dallas has the most total at 25 but 3 of those are from before 1970.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT