ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Futbol

Joe the Panther Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Jul 6, 2001
BTW, Pitt starts the season ranked number 7 in the United Soccer Coaches poll

1 Clemson (we play them)
2 Georgetown (we play them in the non-con)
4 Notre Dame (we play them)
6 Hoopies (we play them in the non-con)
7 Us
12 Duke (we play them)
14 Marshall (we play them in the non-con)
15 Wake
21 nitters
24 North Carolina (we play them)

We've got to have the toughest schedule in the country.

Reactions: FireballZ
Oh, and that doesn't include that Virginia Tech is the first team in the others receiving votes category, and we play them too.

1 Clemson (we play them)
7 Us
12 Duke (we play them)
15 Wake
21 nitters

Yea, just need to go .500 or maybe 1 game over to make NCAAT. Schedule is insane. I think Vidovich is of the mindset that if you come here, you're basically playing a USL/MLS Next Pro quality schedule. And in soccer, you just have to get into the tournament and you can win it.

Pitt lost a lot but Jacquesson and Noel could be 2 of the best players in the nation. Walti holds down the fort at center mid. Mirkovic and Crivello are solid. And I think Feitosa is going to be a breakout star, possible All-Americanish.

They have holes to fill and the American HS recruits usually arent plug and play. And we dont yet know who the foreign recruits are. I think the one HS recruit who plays extensively will be Jackson Gilman, who saw regular playing time for Philadelphia Union 2 along U20 USMNT players Paxten Aaronson, Jack McGlynn, and Quinn Sullivan. So, basically, he's taking a step down from MLS Next Pro to ACC. Why USMNT U20 players cant get regular PT for Philly's main squad, I have no idea. Well, actually, I do. They can't beat out their South American C teamers.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I’ll take a group of mystery foreign players that have last names of Mueller, Rooney, Lewandowski, Beckenbauer, Courtois, or even Hazard to give us a shot at surviving that schedule. That schedule is absolutely brutal. Maybe we can get some single named Brazilian recruit too.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I’ll take a group of mystery foreign players that have last names of Mueller, Rooney, Lewandowski, Beckenbauer, Courtois, or even Hazard to give us a shot at surviving that schedule. That schedule is absolutely brutal. Maybe we can get some single named Brazilian recruit too.
How bout Van der Sar?

1 Clemson (we play them)
7 Us
12 Duke (we play them)
15 Wake
21 nitters

“Who cares what the other teams are ranked. I just want to watch my team play. “
-Pitt79

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Could you imagine a foreign recruit from the Netherlands who looks like Ruud Gullit? That would be awesome.

Hey, Krysinski took time away from slobbering all over the Riverhounds to write 6 or 7 sentences about Pitt soccer. And all he needed to do for the article was look up a few threads on this board because there's no further information such as did we sign any foreign newcomers.

I dont see how you can have a Pittsburgh soccer website and not cover Pitt soccer.

Hey, Krysinski took time away from slobbering all over the Riverhounds to write 6 or 7 sentences about Pitt soccer. And all he needed to do for the article was look up a few threads on this board because there's no further information such as did we sign any foreign newcomers.

I dont see how you can have a Pittsburgh soccer website and not cover Pitt soccer.

He didn't even actually write 6 or 7 sentences, because that article is literally just a reprint of the story on Pitt's web site, which probably went out to media outlets as a news release.

ADVERTISEMENT