ADVERTISEMENT

Miami-FSU

You think FSU is regretting not trying to keep Jimbo? They are on the cusp of being old Pitt after Jackie left. Like I’ve been saying for forever - there’s not one single school who isn’t one coach from being mediocre...even Alabama.
This is absolutely true. Bama after Bear was nothing special. Look at Michigan. Even Carolina hoops crashed when they made the wrong hire. FSU has fallen particularly hard though. They still have their ace in the hole though, which is the talent in Florida. The right hire can quickly get them back on their feet.

This is absolutely true. Bama after Bear was nothing special. Look at Michigan. Even Carolina hoops crashed when they made the wrong hire. FSU has fallen particularly hard though. They still have their ace in the hole though, which is the talent in Florida. The right hire can quickly get them back on their feet.

True regarding the talent in Florida. And good call on Carolina hoops - you can throw UCLA hoops in there as well.

In the end it doesn’t really matter. It’s Clemson than everybody else far below them at this point. I’d go:

1. Clemson
2. Miami (Looks like the only other team in the Top 4 that is close to being complete all around).
3. UNC (Haven’t seen enough of them, so I can’t say their defense has turned enough of a corner yet)
4. ND (although I think we match up really well with them)

Five would be a battle between VT and us. I’d have to see more of VT first.

1. Clemson

2. ND

3-6: Miami, Pitt, NC, VT - not sure which order

Miami let Louisville put up over 500 yards in offense on them...Pitt held them to less than 200...not buying into "damn good" based on that comparison..

Miami beat them by 2 to 3 scores the entire game. We held our breath the final drive because it was a 3 point game. Just stop.

Miami beat them by 2 to 3 scores the entire game. We held our breath the final drive because it was a 3 point game. Just stop.
stop what? making sense? ..what part of giving up 500+ yards (someone once referred to that as "darn good" I hear) in offense against the mighty Canes eludes you?

Not sure what Pitt being Pitt has to do with the power of Miami...

Last edited:
stop what? making sense? ..what part of giving up 500+ yards (someone once referred to that as "darn good" I hear) in offense against the mighty Canes eludes you?

Not sure what Pitt being Pitt has to do with the power of Miami...

What is going on in this thread?

People are claiming a team that led comfortably by 2 to 3 scores the entire game “barely” beat the team, and then somebody pointing to yards as if that matters?

If given a choice between giving up 500 yards and the game being over by the end of the third quarter, or giving up 200 yards and having my ass puckered on the final drive of the game, I’d take the former over the latter.

*Edit*

I just googled it. ESPN’s win probably calculator had Miami at 80% win probability...at halftime. It was a dominating performance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT