ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Game & Other Dribbles(channeling my inner DT)

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
** I must admit, in a year of another poor season I was starting to feel a bit of excitement during our 3 game winning streak.

** The way our team outplayed North Carolina on the road it was bringing me back ever so slightly to a Pitt era before 2016.

** Unfortunately, what the past 2 games have shown us Pitt fans is that we are still a pretty bad basketball team. And when we turn the ball over we could and most likely will lose to just about anybody.

** Coming into this game I really wasn't sure what to expect. I thought playing at home after the Georgia Tech loss would motivate our guys to a nice rebound win. That couldn't have been further from the truth.

** From the opening tip the turnover reared its ugly head. Femi continues to be all over the place. Some games he looks great and shows his leadership abilities while other games like tonight he was benched for poor play.

** If there was any positive to take from the game it looks like Mo is okay after that scary fall. He brings the intensity every game. I just wish the other Panthers did the same.

** The final score could have been much worse without the small mini run that Pitt had late. Long after Miami stopped caring.

** There isn't really much to say tonight because as someone who uses all caps consistently, the game was EMBARRASSING!

** And no I am still not going to speculate on Jeff Capel and his future here with the program. The season will mercifully end soon and all those questions will be answered at that time.

** I will say this though. The team looked like they quit again and that's a concern. I shudder to think what Duke will do to us.

** I must admit, in a year of another poor season I was starting to feel a bit of excitement during our 3 game winning streak.

** The way our team outplayed North Carolina on the road it was bringing me back ever so slightly to a Pitt era before 2016.

** Unfortunately, what the past 2 games have shown us Pitt fans is that we are still a pretty bad basketball team. And when we turn the ball over we could and most likely will lose to just about anybody.

** Coming into this game I really wasn't sure what to expect. I thought playing at home after the Georgia Tech loss would motivate our guys to a nice rebound win. That couldn't have been further from the truth.

** From the opening tip the turnover reared its ugly head. Femi continues to be all over the place. Some games he looks great and shows his leadership abilities while other games like tonight he was benched for poor play.

** If there was any positive to take from the game it looks like Mo is okay after that scary fall. He brings the intensity every game. I just wish the other Panthers did the same.

** The final score could have been much worse without the small mini run that Pitt had late. Long after Miami stopped caring.

** There isn't really much to say tonight because as someone who uses all caps consistently, the game was EMBARRASSING!

** And no I am still not going to speculate on Jeff Capel and his future here with the program. The season will mercifully end soon and all those questions will be answered at that time.

** I will say this though. The team looked like they quit again and that's a concern. I shudder to think what Duke will do to us.

Mission accomplished. Although I don't think I ever use ALL CAPS. ;)

Coach K won’t run up the score on Capel. Duke will win comfortably, but it won’t be a 30-point loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT