ADVERTISEMENT

Miami QB King signs NIL deal w/ Fla Panthers

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Thought this was very interesting. The first NIL deal of its kind in that a college athlete is signing with a pro sports team.

Would be interested to see the details of the agreement ($$). Is there any way these types of deals, and other big-city arrangements, can be used to “even the playing field” or will schools such as Alabama, Texas, Ohio State etc. always be ahead due to what their brand and boosters offer?

Have to like what KP has done with his NIL deals. In promoting the restaurant instead of taking $ he got free weekly meals for his OL. He got a free truck from a local dealer. Doing a weekly radio appearance with Peak (don’t know his pay from that). And in one of his other deals all the profit is going to a charity. Looking out for his OL, donating $ to charity and no college kid is turning down a free truck. Well down KP.

I get that these players deserve a portion of the revenues they generate, but this is going to end up being a disaster for college football. Essentially, this allows boosters to pay players, which is probably why a hockey team is paying the Miami QB.

Though I could see it actually helping city based schools like Miami and Pitt, since that's where most of the money is.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I get that these players deserve a portion of the revenues they generate, but this is going to end up being a disaster for college football. Essentially, this allows boosters to pay players, which is probably why a hockey team is paying the Miami QB.

Though I could see it actually helping city based schools like Miami and Pitt, since that's where most of the money is.
Ummm, boosters already pay players.

One more reason it’s disappointing that Cuban couldn’t buy the Pirates 15 years ago.

The problem is that the out of city schools will actually spend money on football.

For everyone complaining about NIL deals and how unfair it is and is ruining CFB recruiting. WE ARE RUNNING A GOLF OUTING THAT STILL HAS A FEW SPOTS LEFT and get this; all the money goes towards the players. Hell even if you don't golf, sponsor a sign that says Steve Pederson still sucks or troll PSU or some crap. Just get the job done.

Reactions: USN_Panther
For everyone complaining about NIL deals and how unfair it is and is ruining CFB recruiting. WE ARE RUNNING A GOLF OUTING THAT STILL HAS A FEW SPOTS LEFT and get this; all the money goes towards the players. Hell even if you don't golf, sponsor a sign that says Steve Pederson still sucks or troll PSU or some crap. Just get the job done.
That's a great idea. I sponsored a hole but wasn't sure what to name it. Perhaps a PSU degrading remark. I was considering Pantherlair Rabbit Hole.

Thought this was very interesting. The first NIL deal of its kind in that a college athlete is signing with a pro sports team.

Would be interested to see the details of the agreement ($$). Is there any way these types of deals, and other big-city arrangements, can be used to “even the playing field” or will schools such as Alabama, Texas, Ohio State etc. always be ahead due to what their brand and boosters offer?
Considering the Florida Panthers have quite possibly the least amount of fans of any major pro sports league (including MLS), I can't imagine this is worth more than $5000 or so.

Yes, I meant their boosters and supporters are desperate to have football. Most universities in cities don’t care as much.

Yeah, but this could be an area where being in a city can help. More promotional opportunities for players, which could make Pitt more attractive to bigger time recruits in comparison to, say WVU.

With that said... local Pittsburgh businesses will probably support PSU players as well.

ADVERTISEMENT