ADVERTISEMENT

Micky wins...and wins again!

Mickey won, but really did not look good. Got first TD and then seemed to just hang on for the win.

Going to have to wrestle better beat Gomez but would like his QF draw if he wins.

Always been worried about his offensive game. He is efficient but not a big point producer. He rides well also but should be able to tilt and get back points more than he does. The upside is that he really steps up his D in the big matches, which will serve him well against Gomez

For him to take the next step he has to develop some offense, he is technically sound with good defense just needs some offense.

Reactions: persp
anybody at the wrestling tournament?, please give updates on the Pletcher vs Phillippi match, starts at noon.

Pletchers relative is a friend of the lair. Huge pitt guy and someone I’ve found to be a good guy through many interactions

Can’t fault the kid for choosing OSU. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time in Columbus and it’s a great place to be

I lived there for seven years and liked it a lot

I lived there for seven years and liked it a lot

I was there last month for a weekend and it’s changed so much since the previous time I was there last year. The short north area is really building up. Lots of cool breweries and places to eat.

I can see why Columbus overall is not hard to attract recruits to

Not a huge Pletcher fan but guy battles and is really successful without the best physical tool.

I actually think his physical tools are quite good. He has obvious strength, but his quickness is underrated. That ankle pick on Micky for the TD was very fast. Micky never saw it coming and was in trouble in a blink.

The issue seems to be tOSU program related, IMO. Other than McKenna, who on that team has gotten noticeable better in the last few years? Seems that team is very stagnant in development. Pletcher seems to fit that bill. Feels like he was more of a threat last season, and the field is catching up.

I also believe that he, and most of the team, allows top guys to his legs too easily. They rely too much on athletic ability and scrambling. Of course, everyone has a different style, but in general, I think hand fighting/head and hands D needs to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT