ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Milbury out for NBC hockey

Dec 20, 2018
I don’t know if this was over his comment about women or not. I’m guessing political correctness at least gets an assist on this one, but either way kudos. Bye bye asshole.

Maybe because he’s a mouth breathing idiot?
Now if they dump Keith Jones they’d maybe grow the sport

Jones is tolerable for me. Spot on with Milbury though. Exactly the type of dinosaur they need to force out. I can even get his point about no women as a distraction. It is off color, but not incorrect. But comparing the crowd to women’s hockey is incredibly demeaning to those athletes and a middle finger to half of the potential fan base. To say nothing of the Neanderthal WWF style that he advocates.

I don’t know if Babcock is much of a step up but he can’t be much worse.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Jones is tolerable for me. Spot on with Milbury though. Exactly the type of dinosaur they need to force out. I can even get his point about no women as a distraction. It is off color, but not incorrect. But comparing the crowd to women’s hockey is incredibly demeaning to those athletes and a middle finger to half of the potential fan base. To say nothing of the Neanderthal WWF style that he advocates.

I don’t know if Babcock is much of a step up but he can’t be much worse.
Demeaning, but untrue?

Demeaning, but untrue?

Who cares? It was an unnecessary swipe at people who are play their ass off for love of the game or, in some cases, of their country. Imagine if during last night’s Steeler game Al Michaels said something like, “The atmosphere at Heinz tonight is more like a Pitt game than a Steeler playoff game.” Would you think he has a fair point or that he is an unprofessional dickhead?

Who cares? It was an unnecessary swipe at people who are play their ass off for love of the game or, in some cases, of their country. Imagine if during last night’s Steeler game Al Michaels said something like, “The atmosphere at Heinz tonight is more like a Pitt game than a Steeler playoff game.” Would you think he has a fair point or that he is an unprofessional dickhead?
Kinda like when the ESPN dickhead Pat McAfee had the 'Pittsburgh Guy' do his anti Pitt skit at at Pitt game?

Kinda like when the ESPN dickhead Pat McAfee had the 'Pittsburgh Guy' do his anti Pitt skit at at Pitt game?

Or Galloway making his Rece Davis comment about NW. Except ESPN CFB doesn’t need Pitt or NW so they can get away with that bullshit. For the #4 pro league in North America, that is arguably closer to #5 than #3, they ought to be leveraging the women’s game not denigrating it.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Or Galloway making his Rece Davis comment about NW. Except ESPN CFB doesn’t need Pitt or NW so they can get away with that bullshit. For the #4 pro league in North America, that is arguably closer to #5 than #3, they ought to be leveraging the women’s game not denigrating it.
Mean spirited is never funny.

Reactions: Pittduck
I don’t know if this was over his comment about women or not. I’m guessing political correctness at least gets an assist on this one, but either way kudos. Bye bye asshole.
Screw Milbury. He’s still holds a grudge against Ulffy

Seems like a fair point to me. But you don’t have to use such foul language.

He got a lot of mileage from being the worst general manager in the modern NHL.

If that didn't make him qualified to opine on the the NHL on national television, well, then nothing did. Which, come to think of it...
I am quite sure he got the job because he he is a controversial personality. Then they got controversial.

I am quite sure he got the job because he he is a controversial personality. Then they got controversial.
Maybe. But he was always a bit of a Neanderthal with not a lot of talent. I never understood how he had a seat at that table. There have to be 1000’s of more talented people than him.

Maybe. But he was always a bit of a Neanderthal with not a lot of talent. I never understood how he had a seat at that table. There have to be 1000’s of more talented people than him.

I always figured that he got the job because he knew the right person. And after that inertia took over.

Because it certainly wasn't based on his knowledge of the game or his talent as a broadcaster.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Exactly
I mean Roenick is an actual personality
Milbury has always been at best a curmudgeon at best
Roenick? Haha. Man you and I can’t agree on much of anything. He may have more personality, but he had even less broadcasting talent. Where as Milbury got the job because of who he knew, Roenick always struck me as the guy who only got the job because of who he was. They can’t find someone with both personality and broadcasting talent? Why is it that everything the NHL touches reeks of 2nd rate or B Team??

Roenick? Haha. Man you and I can’t agree on much of anything. He may have more personality, but he had even less broadcasting talent. Where as Milbury got the job because of who he knew, Roenick always struck me as the guy who only got the job because of who he was. They can’t find someone with both personality and broadcasting talent? Why is it that everything the NHL touches reeks of 2nd rate or B Team??
Oh I don’t like roenick -
Just saying if “personality “ is the criteria - he at least has one

I always found it curious that in the NHL, both with the media and the executive level, it was filled with mostly guys who lived on the edge during their careers.

Whether it is Colin Campbell, Kris King, even Shanny, these weren't shrinking violets when it comes to the rough stuff.

Same with the media, Milbury, Jones, Mike Rupp, Chris Therien, Don Cherry etc....

Rarely have you had a true superstar be in the slot.

Milbury was a dick, but I tolerated his crap. But in today's world, like Cherry, eventually the behavior and comments will catch up for you.

ADVERTISEMENT