ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Vukovcan news

PerchMan

Scholarship
Dec 4, 2016
Did I miss it? He’s been teasing big news for Pitt FB. Supposed to spill the beans today but Ive seen nothing. Anyone hazard a guess?

He does a great job covering Pitt, but we don't need the disappointing teasers all of the time. Just do good job covering the team and the site traffic will handle itself.

The problem with Vuk is for every good piece of news, he gives something that he teases that doesn't bare fruit. Plus he posts more crazy republican conspiracy theories that it makes it a struggle to follow his stuff. I do enjoy when he goes psycho on Penn State fans, but something tells me Vuk is not mentally stable

Reactions: crosbymalkin8771
Due to heavy demand, Jeff Long coming back to Pittsburgh to "tweak" the wildly successful basketball seating scam.......

Reactions: bubba31
They do the best job of covering Pitt by far. The fact that people on here are putting that site down just shows how retarded our fan base is. He just dropped a major story about how Narduzzi and Lyke are having issues. That is the story teased yesterday obviously.

I have a bad feeling that Duzzy will be wearing a dog collar and be getting led around campus on a leash by Lyke after Friday's beat down in front of less than 30K fans.

As to Duzzy's desire for more assistant money, sure I understand that but they haven't earned the salaries they are getting now. I think Lyke should strike a deal. Extend everyone with nice raises, effective Jan 1, 2019. Let him know that if they don't have 9 wins behind them, none of them will live to see it.

^^^ I thought the same thing that if the 2 of them disagreeing is world shattering news then that really isn’t very exciting

Listen....i want him to succeed. I agree with the above poster that we need more pro pitt people in the media.

That said, vuks influence extends to a blog that seems to engage in more click bait material than actually great breaking news. It probably extends from his work at KDKA where everyone has to be "the first." (Think Sean miller spotted in Oakland). I have said from the beginning he would benefit from just digging in and working harder than most. But my sense is he is a blogger working at home, scouring the internet and social media of players and high school kids instead of working sources

He gives you stuff that you would never hear from Peak. Tell me the last time Peak or a writer from this site had any dirt on the Pitt admin?

Vuk does a good job getting reactions/interviews from prospects and sharing what information he has. I use it more for recruiting info than for inside info on the team.

I posted multiple times over the last month that it wouldn't surprise me if Narduzzi chooses to leave. Maybe this year, maybe not. But he will not be here long term. Nothing has changed my mind on that front.

Football is going to get worse under Lyke.

Reactions: pittman71
I posted multiple times over the last month that it wouldn't surprise me if Narduzzi chooses to leave. Maybe this year, maybe not. But he will not be here long term. Nothing has changed my mind on that front.

Watch what you say about Lyke....someone here is extremely protective about her.

Agree

Last edited:
Right, if this is the big teased story, color me unimpressed. A coach of a 4-7 team and his boss butting heads in the midst of an underachieving season is hardly newsworthy.

I have to take Lyke's side on this one. Heck no, no one should get raises for this crap season. Why reward mediocrity. And heck yes Heinz should be tarped. Duzzi's reason? Hurts recruiting? Has he ever seen ESPN aerial footage and think Fuente, Holgorsen, Franklin, etc., isn't showing recruits the sea of yellow plastic THAT?

Reactions: KanePA and bobfree
The big part of that story is pay for the assistants. We all know that Pitt football needs a bigger staff budget to hire better coaches and recruiters. Until that happens, they are going to struggle.

If he is at odds over the capacity of the stadium, he needs to get over it. Pitt has the 3rd largest stadium capacity in the ACC at 68,400. Since 2013, they've only reached 50,000 six times (Notre Dame (x2), Florida State, North Carolina, Penn State, Villanova). During that same time period, they had nine games (most likely 10 after next week) with fewer than 40,000 fans.

Assuming my math is correct, they've averaged about 44,500 per game. You set the capacity between 40,000 and 45,000 at Heinz Field and all of a sudden you don't have your average game at 65 percent capacity when you are at your best.

Reactions: bubba31
Instead of getting a blanket to cover the seats so it doesn’t look like they are there, tell the B to find a way to get butts in them on Saturdays.

That's good fodder for a football forum, but I'm afraid it's not reality. Look above at Burgh15's fine work and our history of NOT filling Heinz nor old Pitt Stadium during our heyday. I agree with you in principle and would love to have an awesome gameday atmosphere that other schools enjoy, but...........Just not going to happen in the foreseeable future, I'm afraid. Until then, tarp it, make 35-45k people sit closer, which, in theory would make it louder and a little more raucous. Done right, a tarp could look really cool. Whether Pitt's competence can pull that off is another story. LOL

Downsizing HF is way more important than keeping Narduzzi. Tarps or not, having 30K spread out across 70K seats KILLS the gameday atmosphere. One of the most electric atmospheres I ever saw was Pitt @ Toledo. It sat 20K and every seat was filled.

The median attendance at Heinz is just over 42K. If you eliminate games where the opposing teams brought 8-10K it falls to below 41K. Pitt's stadium should rightfully be in the 38-40K range to maximize revenues.

Tarps are ok but even shutting down the upper levels like the WPIAL does or we do for Spring Games does the trick without the expense. The lower bowl has 40 K seats.

So, Duzz wants raises for his terrible assistants and Lyke AND Gallagher are saying no? Sorry, Duzz loses here. You gotta pay for good assistants, key word being good. Pitt has below average assistants that he doesn’t want to ditch.

The big part of that story is pay for the assistants. We all know that Pitt football needs a bigger staff budget to hire better coaches and recruiters. Until that happens, they are going to struggle.

If he is at odds over the capacity of the stadium, he needs to get over it. Pitt has the 3rd largest stadium capacity in the ACC at 68,400. Since 2013, they've only reached 50,000 six times (Notre Dame (x2), Florida State, North Carolina, Penn State, Villanova). During that same time period, they had nine games (most likely 10 after next week) with fewer than 40,000 fans.

Assuming my math is correct, they've averaged about 44,500 per game. You set the capacity between 40,000 and 45,000 at Heinz Field and all of a sudden you don't have your average game at 65 percent capacity when you are at your best.
Where did he say he is at odds over the capacity of the stadium. Seems he was at odds with the stupid idea of tarping the stadium. Maybe there is hope for him afterall, maybe he actually knows what needs to be done to improve things, which isn’t gimmicks like tarping the stadium.

Instead of getting a blanket to cover the seats so it doesn’t look like they are there, tell the B to find a way to get butts in them on Saturdays.

Good luck with that. The now 8-2 Steelers had 8,000 no shows against the Titans on Thursday night.

Where did he say he is at odds over the capacity of the stadium. Seems he was at odds with the stupid idea of tarping the stadium. Maybe there is hope for him afterall, maybe he actually knows what needs to be done to improve things, which isn’t gimmicks like tarping the stadium.

You do know that capacity and tarping is the same exact thing, right?

But a gimmick will put the lower bowl on its feet when its third and one...his D would feed off of that...

Reactions: PerchMan
I agree with you. I'm not currently high on Narduzzi right now, there are to many warning signs. He's recruiting right now like he has one foot out the door.

Downsizing HF is way more important than keeping Narduzzi. Tarps or not, having 30K spread out across 70K seats KILLS the gameday atmosphere. One of the most electric atmospheres I ever saw was Pitt @ Toledo. It sat 20K and every seat was filled.
Bobfree, I don't need

Ever notice no one is ever in unison at this school?

2001- Wlat and Pederson clash over new spread offense. Pederson threatens to fire him and bring in Ron Zook.

2003 - Wlat now clashing with Long. His agent makes “red headed stepchild” comment. Wlat shoved out.

2003-2007 - Dixon and Jeff Long Butt heads.

2008-2010 - Pederson back and butting heads with Wannstedt. Wannstedt fired.

2011 -Pederson and Todd Graham clash.

2014 - Chryst apparently lets Pederson have it in his exit interview. Pederson dumped shortly thereafter.

2015-2016 - Jamie Dixon and 18-month Barnes clash. Barnes shoves out dixon without even enforcing his buyout.

Now this. Jesus this nonsense gets old.

The problem is that when you set the capacity at 45,000 and then it's only half full for some game you can't announce 38,000 without having people laugh at you some more.

Ever notice no one is ever in unison at this school?

2001- Wlat and Pederson clash over new spread offense. Pederson threatens to fire him and bring in Ron Zook.

2003 - Wlat now clashing with Long. His agent makes “red headed stepchild” comment. Wlat shoved out.

2003-2007 - Dixon and Jeff Long Butt heads.

2008-2010 - Pederson back and butting heads with Wannstedt. Wannstedt fired.

2011 -Pederson and Todd Graham clash.

2014 - Chryst apparently lets Pederson have it in his exit interview. Pederson dumped shortly thereafter.

2015-2016 - Jamie Dixon and 18-month Barnes clash. Barnes shoves out dixon without even enforcing his buyout.

Now this. Jesus this nonsense gets old.

When does an employee ever get along with a cheap boss?

Ok, I have a question. This is in regards to Corso's post. I know I will get ripped for this, but I don't care. Why do some Pitt fans intentionally misspell Walt Harris' name Wlat? Why and when did this originally start, and is it supposed to be funny? Help me understand. Thanks in advance.

Are you saying there’s 45,000 empty seats per average game ?

Are you saying there’s 45,000 empty seats per average game ?

No, 45,000 is about the average attendance, which really isn't too bad for Pitt when you consider their program. The problem is that is at 65 percent of capacity (nearly 25,000 empty seats), so even with a good crowd, the stadium is going to look empty.

I don't know the breakdown with seats in the 100-200 levels/upper deck sidelines/upper deck endzone sections to know an effective way to section it off, but whatever you can do to drop it to around 42,000 and it will be a packed house at least through the first two months of the season.

t
btw. vuk is a HORRID writer. makes me wonder what his talent is?

that blog post read like my buddy was telling me the story on a phone call.

btw I really don't think there is nearly as much to this as is being said

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
ADVERTISEMENT