ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Vukovcan news

I don't know the breakdown with seats in the 100-200 levels/upper deck sidelines/upper deck endzone sections to know an effective way to section it off, but whatever you can do to drop it to around 42,000 and it will be a packed house at least through the first two months of the season.

Give or take, there are approximately 33,000 lower bowl "regular" seat, 27,000 upper level seats and 8,000 club/box seats.

Assuming my math is correct, they've averaged about 44,500 per game. You set the capacity between 40,000 and 45,000 at Heinz Field and all of a sudden you don't have your average game at 65 percent capacity when you are at your best.

The problem is that when you set the capacity at 45,000 and then it's only half full for some game you can't announce 38,000 without having people laugh at you some more.

And honestly, I think this is a huge reason why we've never downsized....it makes it harder to lie about attendance. There have been games where the actual attendance has been 20K or 25K but we've announced 35K-40K.

No, 45,000 is about the average attendance, which really isn't too bad for Pitt when you consider their program. The problem is that is at 65 percent of capacity (nearly 25,000 empty seats), so even with a good crowd, the stadium is going to look empty.

I don't know the breakdown with seats in the 100-200 levels/upper deck sidelines/upper deck endzone sections to know an effective way to section it off, but whatever you can do to drop it to around 42,000 and it will be a packed house at least through the first two months of the season.
Too bad they don’t show up . Next yr with PSU and ND they’ll have two sellouts , but it’s not with Pitt fans .

Is this coming from the 10th assistant that can be hired in Jan? I'm assuming the current staff was signed last year to the normal 2 yr deals. Also thought the pool was increased was Narduzzi hired and they ok'd extra to keep Canada?

Once Pickett got in and finished out the game I just assumed the big news was they were planning on playing him. This is Pitt we're talking about. Did anyone really think the freshman qb we were all dying to see was gonna play in Saturday's game, and then we were actually gonna get even better news? C'mon now, when has pitt ever had that much good luck in one weekend?

t
btw. vuk is a HORRID writer. makes me wonder what his talent is?

that blog post read like my buddy was telling me the story on a phone call.

btw I really don't think there is nearly as much to this as is being said

This is an incredible post

Reactions: Gregory25
40,000 Pitt fans with a tarp above them won't be much louder than 40,000 Pitt fans spread out. The open field design of Heinz field is horrible for crowd noise, and it also makes the stadium look tacky imho. Heinz stinks, the field is too often a mess, the end zones don't have what should be a cool script logo, but its our lot in life.

That said, I'm pro-tarp if that's what it takes to get people to stop posting about it. So bring out the hefty bags.

Actually, if they tarp the upper decks that are under the roof, they will be tarping where the majority of the noise comes from.

Still, given our budget, I'd rather save the tarp money and spend it on an extra home game vs a truly decrepit opponent instead of a home and home with a mid-level MAC team. We always lose those away MAC games.

Right, if this is the big teased story, color me unimpressed. A coach of a 4-7 team and his boss butting heads in the midst of an underachieving season is hardly newsworthy.

I have to take Lyke's side on this one. Heck no, no one should get raises for this crap season. Why reward mediocrity. And heck yes Heinz should be tarped. Duzzi's reason? Hurts recruiting? Has he ever seen ESPN aerial footage and think Fuente, Holgorsen, Franklin, etc., isn't showing recruits the sea of yellow plastic THAT?
They should tell PN that if he needs the money to hire a new OC or DC the money will be there but no raises for the current stiffs. Or give him the money and then tell them if they don't win 8 or more games they are all gone at the end of the season. But I agree they shouldn't pay more to most of the current assistants

I actually believe Vuk when he says that Narduzzi wants to keep his entire staff together. This staff needs changes and Narduzzi is to stubborn to see it.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I actually believe Vuk when he says that Narduzzi wants to keep his entire staff together. This staff needs changes and Narduzzi is to stubborn to see it.

What this staff needs is 1-2 excellent recruiters. The actual coaching being done is ok, I believe for the talent level we have.

That said, I'm pro-tarp if that's what it takes to get people to stop posting about it. So bring out the hefty bags.

That's exactly what the "Tarp Heinz Field" contingent should do every home game - bring their own hefty bags and put them on the empty seats around them. Wonderful idea.

40,000 Pitt fans with a tarp above them won't be much louder than 40,000 Pitt fans spread out. The open field design of Heinz field is horrible for crowd noise, and it also makes the stadium look tacky imho. Heinz stinks, the field is too often a mess, the end zones don't have what should be a cool script logo, but its our lot in life.

I disagree. When fans are packed together and someone is cheering next to them, they're more likely to cheer. When they're spread out, you're more likely to be complacent and just sit there and watch the game.

Actually, if they tarp the upper decks that are under the roof, they will be tarping where the majority of the noise comes from.

I didn't realize empty seats made noise...

That's exactly what the "Tarp Heinz Field" contingent should do every home game - bring their own hefty bags and put them on the empty seats around them. Wonderful idea.

This cracked me up.

It was and was just as riveting as the "article" that got us here. except you didn't have to pay to get my incredible in depth review.

I don’t pay to read his articles. And if his writing sounds like a friend telling you a story on a telephone your writing reads like a 4 year old explaining spongebob while eating a peanut butter sandwich.

Lol. Just kidding

I don’t pay to read his articles. And if his writing sounds like a friend telling you a story on a telephone your writing reads like a 4 year old explaining spongebob while eating a peanut butter sandwich.

Lol. Just kidding

I certainly don't disagree but he is actually trying to make a living off his writing where I am just effin around on a message board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT