ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Zmijanac to................ Ringgold!

Reminds me of when Tom Nola went to Gateway and didn't do anything. Without Terry Smith's recruiting, Nola didn't have the players

Which is weird don't you think? Because Gateway always has the talent. It is not just Terry Smith recruiting. Going back to my time and before, Gateway has always been loaded with talent.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Reminds me of when Tom Nola went to Gateway and didn't do anything. Without Terry Smith's recruiting, Nola didn't have the players

Which is weird don't you think? Because Gateway always has the talent. It is not just Terry Smith recruiting. Going back to my time and before, Gateway has always been loaded with talent.

Really? I never remember Gateway having any talent or any good teams pre-Smith or post-Smith though I think they were good last year

Post-leather helmet days I meant
My teammate Greg Jacobs can confirm this but Pete’s ‘81 team put a pretty good licking on us CC boys. We didn’t have leather helmets but did have some of the old suspension ones!
Gateway had former pitt player and nfl first rounder Bob Buczkowski (spelling?) on that team.
I don’t recall when Pete retired.

he's in his 70's and he was seriously considering retirement, you know what they say when you are old and thinking retirement? it's time to retire

now he wants to take over a new program in a new area that hasn't produced a D1 player since 94 and seemingly doesn't have much talent in the pipeline, and also seems to have coaching turnover every 3 years or so

i've seen most of aliquippa's losses and other than the southern columbia loss they were out coached and undisciplined, yeah they play up in class but they always had more talent

as mentioned this will be tom nola at gateway all over again, he'll last 2 years tops

Reactions: RINGGOLD94
Terry Smith always brought the best talent in to Gateway.

Hows Clairton doing since Nola left? Running up the score on Leechburg? Fighting everyone when the lose? How many state titles?

Terry Smith always brought the best talent in to Gateway.

Hows Clairton doing since Nola left? Running up the score on Leechburg? Fighting everyone when the lose? How many state titles?

3 wpial titles

zero state titles because they had to play a catholic school with more players than many 6A schools

Reactions: vietvet1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT