ADVERTISEMENT

Military bowl is not a bad venue. sat 12-27. noon start

tetonpanther

Freshman
Sep 26, 2005
The bar crawl the night before the game was fun. Partied with BurgGuy68, Bill hillgrove and many others. Parking sucks. I plan to park in the school lot nearby or the church lot nearby. Stick around after the game for a nice dinner and come home Sunday a.m. Yeah is Navy tough at home sure. but this defense is a quantum leap over the one Duzz inherited from cheesedik.

The bar crawl the night before the game was fun. Partied with BurgGuy68, Bill hillgrove and many others. Parking sucks. I plan to park in the school lot nearby or the church lot nearby. Stick around after the game for a nice dinner and come home Sunday a.m. Yeah is Navy tough at home sure. but this defense is a quantum leap over the one Duzz inherited from cheesedik.

the defense under Chryst was NEVER as bad as the offense is now. The Chryst hatred from this fanbase is comical....pitt would have been very lucky to have him stay.

Unfortunately, while Chryst's defense may not have been historically great, Narduzzi's offense is historically bad.

Friday, Saturday, toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe.
Last two Pitt bowl games were on a Monday and Wednesday afternoon I believe... yeah it’s around the holidays but not all of us can shut down for work around that time.

Not gonna be thrilled with whatever bowl but if it’s a Friday or Saturday I’d approve.

We like to check in to a local hotel nearby the venue/walking distance and hit the bars the night before and in game day.

Are there any hotels nearby the stadium and close to fun nightspots?

Navy is a great venue for college football, I may even go.

Military bowl was great, but I only live about 90 mins from Annapolis so an easy drive. Definitely tour the campus (the church was awesome). I remember signing the Conner strong banner that day and it being cold, but walking around Annapolis was very enjoyable and easy.

Military Bowl was a disappointment. The stadium was out of concessions and everything around the game was basically Pro-Navy. Getting out of the parking lot was a nightmare as the game empties out into rush hour traffic based on the start time.

Military bowl speaks highly of us, absolutely thrilled. I wonder why? Maybe we were the only team to ever sell out an allotment? At any rate, I'd prefer pinstripe since I don't want to see the triple option ever again, or Temple which has a chance as well. Plus NYC is always a better trip.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...itt-football-acc-tie-ins/stories/201912030085

The executive director literally gushed over Pitt, and somehow the article was still spun into a wet rag.

Military bowl speaks highly of us, absolutely thrilled. I wonder why? Maybe we were the only team to ever sell out an allotment? At any rate, I'd prefer pinstripe since I don't want to see the triple option ever again, or Temple which has a chance as well. Plus NYC is always a better trip.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...itt-football-acc-tie-ins/stories/201912030085
In 2015 Pitt fans were still in a honeymoon with Duzz .He could do no wrong. Now like walt and lots of coaches the romance has faded. I see no way we draw like we did to Military in 2015. For sure if we play temple no one will show.

In 2015 Pitt fans were still in a honeymoon with Duzz .He could do no wrong. Now like walt and lots of coaches the romance has faded. I see no way we draw like we did to Military in 2015. For sure if we play temple no one will show.

agree, Barnes was able to spin it as a nice easy trip for the fans and not that much difference between Tier 1 & 2 (i.e. the Pinstripe). And to a certain extent he was right, fans bought into it and the optimism with Narduzzi. Now? well there is still a strong Maryland alumni contingent so maybe they come out again but I can't see the Pittsburgh fans being excited and making the trip especially the way the season collapsed.

Reactions: PittFamily2

Part of it has to be the location. You gotta admit, Annapolis, Maryland is an easy drive from the Burgh and PA in general. And without the cost, traffic and hassle of entering NYC. Plus there are probably a lot of Pitt fans originally from Pittsburgh in the immediate area. The 2nd favorite NFL team in Baltimore is probably the Steelers.

Reactions: Steve1118NSS
Barnes did a great job selling the military bowl as something, that would prove to other bowls in the future, that pitt fans would travel. Because we had such high expectations of narduzzi then, the assumption was we would get good warm weather bowls

That's a Shit game in a crappy venue. If we end up there you're a AD Social Media propogandist spewing the BS company line

We are more than likely headed to Annapolis or NYC. Which bowl exactly did you expect us to go to? Annapolis is a cool city to visit on short notice.

True, I just think it is a different vibe now. 4 years ago there was hope that better things were on the horizon. Now at the end of season 5 with your best recruiting class in their senior year and you end up at the same bowl that you started at? Where's the progress? I think it is a tough sell.

FWIW, there are reports out from Michigan State people that Michigan State expects to be going to New York, and they expect that they are going to be playing us.

Zero interest in going to the Military Bowl again against Navy.

I'd be a lot more likely to go if it was against someone other than Navy. If school was in session and the midshipmen were there and you got all the pomp and circumstance that comes with that then that would be a different story. But there was none of that at the Military Bowl last time, because those people have all gone home for the holidays.

Chryst has the superior administration behind him. Happy for him. Now beat Ohio State for the country.

The triple option doesn't seem to be so scary with our defense this year. Bring em on.

cheesedik is currently at Wisconsin winning 10 games a year while Narduzzi wins 7 over and over. Narduzzi’s defenses till this year we’re worse than chryst’s. chryst’s defenses weren’t great, but they were not ranked in the 100’s like narduzzi’s offenses.

Chryst is a far superior coach in every way.

why wasn't that superiority displayed in year 3 against one of the weaker schedules we've had in a long time? Going 1-5 after a 3-1 start? That's superior?

Started my college athletic career at Navy (lacrosse) before medical discharge. Grew up 30 min away, lived and worked in downtown Annapolis. If we end up here, I’ll be sure to provide a locals opinion on where to go, stay, eat/drink, etc. if you ignore all suggestions but 1, remember Pips Dock St Dogs on the water. Amazing geographically themed hot dogs (owner will do a Pittsburgh themed dog if we play there).

Reactions: JSSTartan
A mess is Rutgers or Arkansas, not a 6-6 team coming off a bowl game.

take a look at that roster...Aaron Donald...and almost nothing else...on offense a ray graham who was a shell of him former self.
You’re also discounting two lost recruiting classes.

it is a miracle Pitt didn’t go 3-9 that year.

ADVERTISEMENT