ADVERTISEMENT

More college football before the Bowls

TD_6082

Athletic Director
Aug 11, 2001
Hampton Roads, VA
College football is one of the few sports that leave you wanting more when the season ends. It's like a movie with an ending that leaves you hanging. There never seems to be proper closure, even with the 4 team playoff. If you're left wanting more, we have I-AA Quarterfinals tonight and tomorrow. Army/Navy tomorrow at the Linc, in what should be a great game.

Fairly big spreads in all of the I-AA games. Feels weird not to see JMU, so go William & Mary.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Cam Newton in the house tonight to support his little brother. He's been a regular in Williamsburg this fall. I was wondering if he would brave the elements to sit out among the crowd tonight, and sure enough, he's there.

College football is one of the few sports that leave you wanting more when the season ends. It's like a movie with an ending that leaves you hanging. There never seems to be proper closure, even with the 4 team playoff. If you're left wanting more, we have I-AA Quarterfinals tonight and tomorrow. Army/Navy tomorrow at the Linc, in what should be a great game.

Fairly big spreads in all of the I-AA games. Feels weird not to see JMU, so go William & Mary.

What? College football sucks. Its a 7-8 team sport. Maybe it'll get more interesting when the CFP is expanded

Reactions: Pitt79
Incarnate Word beat Sacramento St 66-63 last night in the highest scoring game in FCS playoff history. Incarnate Word lost their star QB Cameron Ward who had put up video game stats 2 years ago to Washington St in the portal before this season. He played ok against PAC 12 competition, but Incarnate Word’s continued success on the offensive side of the ball makes you wonder if it’s more the system they run than the QB running it, as his replacement threw 59 TD passes this season.

Reactions: TD_6082
College football is weird because it's such an exciting start to the year and it feels like it goes out on such a low note. You have rivalry weekend where games are slowly disappearing because of conference realignment, but also over a weekend where students aren't on campus because of Thanksgiving. Then there's championship weekend where you have a bunch of mismatched games with very little on the line. Granted, USC lost a playoff spot with a loss, but Utah didn't earn anything of consequence with a win. TCU lost and still makes the playoffs. Georgia had nothing to lose either.

I look forward to the 12-team playoffs and hope the championship games start to actually mean something in the future.

Incarnate Word beat Sacramento St 66-63 last night in the highest scoring game in FCS playoff history. Incarnate Word lost their star QB Cameron Ward who had put up video game stats 2 years ago to Washington St in the portal before this season. He played ok against PAC 12 competition, but Incarnate Word’s continued success on the offensive side of the ball makes you wonder if it’s more the system they run than the QB running it, as his replacement threw 59 TD passes this season.

Incarnate Word's quarterback is in his 7th year of college, and Incarnate Word is his fifth school.

He started at LSU and didn't play. Then he transferred to East Mississippi Community College. The off to Missouri. Got injured there and transferred to Nichols State. Two seasons as Nichols starter, and then off to Incarnate Word.

Reactions: BFo8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT