ADVERTISEMENT

Najee Harris

I saw McShay/Kiper's mock on Sunday and neither had any PITT Panther in the 1st round fwiw.

The guy who did a two round mock for The Athletic yesterday had no Pitt players in the first round and only Rashad Weaver in the second round, at pick 62 (third from the end of the round).

yeah, no. dude was surrounded by a NFL offense this year. there's no way you can judge him accurately.

and spare me the brady nonsense. brady was skinny but not a fatass at 21 years old.

ElI_yxbX0AASBbQ
If thats jones it could be a good thing. He could wasily add muscle and speed.

i'm concerned that he's been at Alabama 4-ish years and apparently never lifted a weight or did cardio. not exactly a self starter.
Your bigger concern should be that he was at Bama for 4 years and worked out every day that whole time, and still looks like he does. College football players don't have the luxury of skipping workouts, especially at a place like Bama where they are closely supervised and guys get a lot of specialized one on one fitness training.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Mac Jones strikes me as a Jared Goff type, in a best case scenario. He can make throws happen when he's in a clean pocket and his first or second read is open. If you need him to extend a play or win you a game himself, you're in trouble. I'm not a big fan of that kind of QB, but they have their purpose. I prefer him to a guy like Trask who fits all of those descriptions only with a weaker arm.

As for Najee Harris, I don't see the point of the Steelers taking a RB in the first round. If I thought this team was close to winning a title and he would put them over the top, sure. But a team with so many holes to fill has no business taking a RB early. I'd go for an O-linemen, CB or, if they really like a guy, a QB, first round. The window for the Big Ben Steelers to win a Super Bowl is over. It's time to prepare for the next era. Taking a RB early is not a good way to do that. By the time the next QB is ready to win, the RB will be a free agent or getting an expensive extension.

Reactions: crharris8892
Mac Jones strikes me as a Jared Goff type, in a best case scenario. He can make throws happen when he's in a clean pocket and his first or second read is open. If you need him to extend a play or win you a game himself, you're in trouble. I'm not a big fan of that kind of QB, but they have their purpose. I prefer him to a guy like Trask who fits all of those descriptions only with a weaker arm.

As for Najee Harris, I don't see the point of the Steelers taking a RB in the first round. If I thought this team was close to winning a title and he would put them over the top, sure. But a team with so many holes to fill has no business taking a RB early. I'd go for an O-linemen, CB or, if they really like a guy, a QB, first round. The window for the Big Ben Steelers to win a Super Bowl is over. It's time to prepare for the next era. Taking a RB early is not a good way to do that. By the time the next QB is ready to win, the RB will be a free agent or getting an expensive extension.
I am not looking at just next year. I am looking 8-10 years down the road. Najee is the only RB I would take in the first because of his ability to always be getting that extra yard or three. If you draft him now you can build a line in front of him over the next year or two. It's not about winning next year which is exactly why I like Najee.

It all depends what you value.

If Bill Fralic and Tony Dorsett were both available in this year's draft who would you take?

I am not looking at just next year. I am looking 8-10 years down the road.

There is a far, far better chance that 8-10 years down the road that Harris will either not be playing in the NFL or will just be a journeyman bouncing around from team to team than that he will still be a star running back in the league.

There is a far, far better chance that 8-10 years down the road that Harris will either not be playing in the NFL or will just be a journeyman bouncing around from team to team than that he will still be a star running back in the league.
So I’ll take him for 5 or 6 years of quality play.

To put a point on it, Harris is 22. He will be 23 in March. So eight years gets him to 30 years old. The league leading rusher 30 years or older this year was Latavius Murray. He was 29th in the league. Of the top 28 guys only David Johnson at 23rd was older than 27. He's 29. Melvin Gordon was 10th at 27 years old. Every other guy in the top 28 was 26 or younger.

If you draft Harris you ought to be planning that by the time his first contract runs out you will need to be drafting his replacement.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
yeah, no. dude was surrounded by a NFL offense this year. there's no way you can judge him accurately.

and spare me the brady nonsense. brady was skinny but not a fatass at 21 years old.

ElI_yxbX0AASBbQ
Damn, I kind of consider myself a washed up fat ass now and I look fitter than that.

Reactions: pitt90seven
ADVERTISEMENT