ADVERTISEMENT

names/handles used on these boards

I am USN_Panther as I was in the US Navy when I started here and I am and always will be a Panther. I don't have any other handles.

My profile picture is a model of a head in the med school simulation lab here in NZ. The first time I went in there this model was sitting on the shelf. I then knew what really had happened to Coach Wanny.

I really should change my handle to AustinTexasPanther.

I left San Diego in 2010 and arrived in Austin the day of LeBron’s decision.

I am USN_Panther as I was in the US Navy when I started here and I am and always will be a Panther. I don't have any other handles.

My profile picture is a model of a head in the med school simulation lab here in NZ. The first time I went in there this model was sitting on the shelf. I then knew what really had happened to Coach Wanny.

lol i always wondered what that head was. I thought you had some disturbing infatuation with DW!

This made my day

I remember Gridiron Sage on an old "PA Football Board", and I don't remember what forum it was with, but he used to wear the crazy PSU fans out in that place. He would be civil with the handful of sane (yeah, I can't believe I typed that either) PSU fans, but the over-the-top out of control ones didn't stand a chance.

Good times.

I finally remembered that the "Pa Football Board" was on AOL in the mid to late 90's. Good times via dial up.

Thank you for your service sir !

Still the same handle, though Jim Snyder banned me a while back for questioning why he reduced Jason Pinkston's rating when he erroneously thought he was left off the PG Fab 22. Took my ball and went to Scout, til that place went to crap over time. Chris Peak reinstated me over time, and now I mainly hang in the Lair premium boards and PPF on Facebook, occasionally Twitter.

More modern guys who have disappeared - to very few if anyone’s chagrin I’m sure - Zaratoughda and Simmerdunna. Both stirred things up quite a bit but mostly if not all on the hoops board.

I lurked for a while prior to signing up but have always been and will remain King of All Message Boards.

I know Simmer from high school. He’s not a Pitt guy. He just coached Chevy. When Chevy graduated he moved on.

I know Simmer from high school. He’s not a Pitt guy. He just coached Chevy. When Chevy graduated he moved on.

He came back several times after that. He was the world's biggest Cassin Diggs supporter and basically told everyone that Diggs was going to be an All American at Pitt. When that turned out to be just about the dumbest thing ever posted on any message board ever he pretty much disappeared.

Reactions: Jpripper88
My favorite was Lamar Patterson's grandma. First time, I really remember a real family member positing about their athlete. Also, remember what Shakir Soto posted here until he was told to stop?

My favorite was Lamar Patterson's grandma. First time, I really remember a real family member positing about their athlete. Also, remember what Shakir Soto posted here until he was told to stop?
Andy allemans dad posted on here tor awhile. Very enthusiastic guy, tigerdad maybe. Even when Andy transferred out, he was pretty classy.

Andy allemans dad posted on here tor awhile. Very enthusiastic guy, tigerdad maybe. Even when Andy transferred out, he was pretty classy.

I was an ass to him. LOL. He was "Pantherdad57" I believe. Then he was on other team's message boards pimping Andy out for a transfer, so I said he should change his handle to <Insert team here>dad57.

Who was that kicker we had? Cummings? His dad posted and stopped by our tailgate, he was a cool dude.

There was no worse human being than DJWorm. Who disowned his son when he chose Pitt because he was a big Nitwit.

Still the same handle, though Jim Snyder banned me a while back for questioning why he reduced Jason Pinkston's rating when he erroneously thought he was left off the PG Fab 22. Took my ball and went to Scout, til that place went to crap over time. Chris Peak reinstated me over time, and now I mainly hang in the Lair premium boards and PPF on Facebook, occasionally Twitter.

I think you did a little more than that when you were tossed.

Big Panther

The biggest know nothing, arrogant, uppity piece of douchebaggery to ever grace this or any other message board.

Big Panther

The biggest know nothing, arrogant, uppity piece of douchebaggery to ever grace this or any other message board.
was it BigPanther or OldPanther that always talked about the impending lawsuit against the ACC by the big east and how we were due millions any day now..

I was an ass to him. LOL. He was "Pantherdad57" I believe. Then he was on other team's message boards pimping Andy out for a transfer, so I said he should change his handle to <Insert team here>dad57.

Who was that kicker we had? Cummings? His dad posted and stopped by our tailgate, he was a cool dude.

There was no worse human being than DJWorm. Who disowned his son when he chose Pitt because he was a big Nitwit.
one thing about Alleman's dad was when he posted on here, after the transfer and explained how Andy begged Walt to move him from DE to OL and Walt refused. It didn't come off as sour grapes IMO, more of an explanation. If true, very frustrating cause we were set at DE and hurting big time at OL and I think he ended up a decent Guard in college..

was it BigPanther or OldPanther that always talked about the impending lawsuit against the ACC by the big east and how we were due millions any day now..

BigPanther. He cost me a banning or two. But the best is when I was arguing with him on the Big East implosion/ACC Raid when I was saying it is going down, and he is blabbering about BC being "honest, trustworthy, loyal" to the Big East as an original, and at the same time BC AD Gene DeFelippo was announcing a Press Conference to announce that BC is leaving the Big East for the ACC.

Ahh....yeah. And the whole time, his minions were shouting me down, blasting me and extolling his virtues. Hahahaha. I won.

one thing about Alleman's dad was when he posted on here, after the transfer and explained how Andy begged Walt to move him from DE to OL and Walt refused. It didn't come off as sour grapes IMO, more of an explanation. If true, very frustrating cause we were set at DE and hurting big time at OL and I think he ended up a decent Guard in college..

Yeah, that's ironic isn't it? One of those rare occasions where Father truly knows best, over the coach. He was more than decent Guard in college, he made the NFL (I think 49ers) roster as a backup guard.

He came back several times after that. He was the world's biggest Cassin Diggs supporter and basically told everyone that Diggs was going to be an All American at Pitt. When that turned out to be just about the dumbest thing ever posted on any message board ever he pretty much disappeared.

In fairness, he did acknowledge after the fact that Diggs deserved his eventual fate at Pitt because he "didn't do what he needed to do at Pitt." (whatever that meant). But otherwise, I remember simmer touting Cassin's three point shooting numbers.

But he actually did return to the board a year or so later to sing the praises of Corey Hawkins who he coached at Estrella. I believe he touted that Hawkins would be a top 50 recruit. He wasn't, of course, but first went to Arizona State before transferring to UC Davis where he had two really good years for the Aggies.

You got that right. DJWorm was a disgusting POS. Wouldn't sign his kid's LOI because he chose Pitt. I think the kid had to wait till he was 18 to sign. Dale Williams if my memory is still half decent.

In fairness, he did acknowledge after the fact that Diggs deserved his eventual fate at Pitt because he "didn't do what he needed to do at Pitt." (whatever that meant). But otherwise, I remember simmer touting Cassin's three point shooting numbers.

He also didn't do what he needed to do at Bowie State, apparently.

Or he just wasn't any good, one or the other.

parents of athletes need to read/post on message boards at their own risk. I would steer clear if it was me. But I'm surprised that most of yinz guys are actually respectable members of society in real life. Amazing who you find on message boards. There was a story I think in USA today about boards and some of the people who post. For example, Robert Gates, former CIA director and president of Texas A&M had an anonymous handle and would post on the aggies board

Reactions: pittdan77
parents of athletes need to read/post on message boards at their own risk. I would steer clear if it was me. But I'm surprised that most of yinz guys are actually respectable members of society in real life. Amazing who you find on message boards. There was a story I think in USA today about boards and some of the people who post. For example, Robert Gates, former CIA director and president of Texas A&M had an anonymous handle and would post on the aggies board
Well it’s time I come out and tell you all that I’m that rich ass hedge fund dude. Tepper I think. I gave enough to cmu and I’m ready to show pitt some real love.

I’m buying a stadium boys, in Oakland, for all of you, tax free.

If I'm not mistaken, Alleman was offered to play OG the prior year but thought he was a DL and was not enthusiastic about the switch.

Outside of one year of Knight and Harriott's junior year, when was Walt set at DE?

We were always pretty thin at DE.

You got that right. DJWorm was a disgusting POS. Wouldn't sign his kid's LOI because he chose Pitt. I think the kid had to wait till he was 18 to sign. Dale Williams if my memory is still half decent.

Yes and the kid was a PreMed major if I remember, he wasn't an NFL prospect. Pitt is a pretty darn good school to enter this field.

Yes and the kid was a PreMed major if I remember, he wasn't an NFL prospect. Pitt is a pretty darn good school to enter this field.

If memory serves me correct, DJWorm didn't show up for senior rec day either. I hate the nitters more than most, but if my son went there for football I'll be there to support him.

Last edited:
Reactions: USN_Panther
If memory serves me correct, DJWorm did show up for senior rec day either. I hate the nitters more than most, but if my son went there for football I'll be there to support him.
of course. if my son or daughter played athletics in college, that team would be my #1. even psu. its almost unfathomable to have your kid go play D1 athletics and you as a father maintain that grudge. it's beyond pathetic.

Reactions: Mikefln
Do you guys remember the handle (I think it was the AD) and I believe premium member, that only lasted for a year during the Fraud tenure and many speculated it was his kid that was on staff.

Defended fraud at every turn

I remember Gridiron Sage on an old "PA Football Board", and I don't remember what forum it was with, but he used to wear the crazy PSU fans out in that place. He would be civil with the handful of sane (yeah, I can't believe I typed that either) PSU fans, but the over-the-top out of control ones didn't stand a chance.

Good times.
He started as a psu fan, got chucked from their board, landed here.
I had one post as "The Old Panther". Got told about it from another poster who had been using it. 1997. Been NTOP since, much to the chagrin of many.

There was a former player who posted on Scout as Ghost of Pitt 40 who I liked. I don't know if he also posted on this site, or not.

He was a role player as a fullback, and seemed to have some good insight.

The thread about Temple made me think of him, because there was a photo that used to pop up with "Ghost" scoring a touchdown against Temple.

Expect this post to get deleted. Anything i’ve posted related to toona has been deleted. Apparently the mod is buddy buddy with that old lieing piece of ...

Or the mod is deleting because Altoona has some serious health issues.

Do you guys remember the handle (I think it was the AD) and I believe premium member, that only lasted for a year during the Fraud tenure and many speculated it was his kid that was on staff.

Defended fraud at every turn

yeah, Bo was the kid, he posted on Scout also and commented on the Post-Gazette anytime there was something said about his dad. Loyal kid I guess. Can't remember his handle but it was definitely him.

Reactions: ratking17
ADVERTISEMENT