ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi comment on fans

I remember. But stop with the” if this happens then we win”. You could use the “if excuse” for any close game. It diminishes Pitt’s win verse Clemson because realistically if they played 10 times Clemson wins 9. A Clemson fan could say “if Watson doesn’t throw that interception we win”. But it did happen and Pitt won. NW won leave it at that.
JC was not carrying the ball. JC was not blocking. JC was standing off to the side, with the play over. One of those choirboys from NW violently head butted him and took him out of the game.

You think that is the normal close game "what if" excuse?

There was nothing normal about that play in any way, shape or form. It was a disgrace.

SMF you are reading way too much into those comments. the crowd was not bad and boy was in animated.Not surprisingly the best atmosphere of the year. If we win the fans will show.

He slipped into his postgame speech that he wished more fans would have showed up but then said with a holiday weekend, they "understand."

Here's the deal. Narduzzi is very aware and very concerned about our attendance issues. In fact, I'm pretty sure we've never had another coach that cares about attendance as much as he does.

This is a big reason why I think Narduzzi would seriously consider a lateral move (he's not getting a "top job"). He feels the fans and atmosphere are the reasons he is struggling to recruit

Even when nobody is saying Narduzzi is a candidate for another job, the fan base makes him one.

If every home game was not on local TV would significantly more fans show up? When I was 10 in 1968 if an NFL game was not sold out 72 hours in advance the game was blacked out locally. Pirate home games were not on TV at all. Might mean a few more fans, but not anything that would affect anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT