ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi- McDermott (Bills HC) strong relationship

That’s obviously great to hear, but I think most of us have come to understand that Pat is a quality person. How many times do we read about players and coaches describing the “family” atmosphere that he has created at Pitt?
I think Duzz is generally respected by all accounts and the atmosphere around the program seems to be what we hear about it. Guys seem to be prepared for the next level even if they're not the sexy superstars. It's easy for an NFL coach to see talent but it's not always easy to know how a guy handles his offseason work or how seriously he takes his meeting time and film study.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Yeah, obviously they do not want to write stories that people in Pittsburgh want to read. After all, that is only how they stay in business.

I don't know. I recall the negative Penn State related story where Jay Paterno sent a job request letter to Urban Meyer, and it was covered by ESPN, USA Today, SI, and Penn Live, but the PG never wrote a single word about it. And here we have complimentary story about Narduzzi the person and it's covered by SI but not the PG.

I think it's safe to say that if Franklown was mentioned by the Bills coach this way there would be a 15 paragraph writeup about in in the PG with additional quotes to make him look ever better from 5 different NFL coaches and athletes to make him look even better.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I don't know. I recall the negative Penn State related story where Jay Paterno sent a job request letter to Urban Meyer, and it was covered by ESPN, USA Today, SI, and Penn Live, but the PG never wrote a single word about it. And here we have complimentary story about Narduzzi the person and it's covered by SI but not the PG.

I think it's safe to say that if Franklown was mentioned by the Bills coach this way there would be a 15 paragraph writeup about in in the PG with additional quotes to make him look ever better from 5 different NFL coaches and athletes to make him look even better.
Since Tuesady, the P-G has had 15 articles or commentaries about Damar Hamlin. Yet they didn't cover this story, out of Buffalo, quoting the Bills' coach. Do you expect them to send a reporter to Buffalo, in case someone there says something about Hamlin, or Pitt? Because that is the only way they could have covered this story. They don't have a reporter sitting around in Buffalo, waiting for a story that might be interesting to people in Pittsburgh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT