ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi needs to get rid of Cignetti

President Stache

Heisman Candidate
Dec 4, 2010
Defense played very good yet again, and did enough to win. Offense just looked putrid. All year long we dont have enough guys to block/and dont have quick options to throw to. Slovis takes shots all day long every game. 3 TOs in the red zone. We should have won. 2 bad calls made it 24-10, but should have lost 14-10. We outgained them, shut down a top QB, and cant move the ball.

Bad game.

Reactions: gary2
If he doesnt he will be next .

Honestly also have not seen a more slow footed weak ass arm qb than Slovis either.

Pitt football is Pitt Basketball now.

Narduzzi has done a very good job. No way his seat is even warm.

certainly couldn’t ditch a guy a year after winning 10, the ACC and losing a Heisman contending QB. Plus he is a defensive coach and even with a ton of injuries the D looks great

certainly couldn’t ditch a guy a year after winning 10, the ACC and losing a Heisman contending QB. Plus he is a defensive coach and even with a ton of injuries the D looks great
Well it should be after this shit show of a game and season so far

Slovis is a bum, Narduzzi won a ACC champ and still cant recruit.
Yeah he was terrible. Cignetti has got to go. He only has 5 formations and he runs the same plays over and over. I can’t count how many of Slovis’ passes were knocked down at the line. Terrible game

HailtoPitt got put on Message Board Geniuses for this but I agree with the premise that we have to hope that some school comes after Narduzzi. No, it wont be a bigger program like Nebraska. But maybe some trickle down will lead to say a Purdue or Maryland or someone like that hiring him. Can you imagine Pitt being able to pocket buyout money AND getting a coach who understands the modern game?

HailtoPitt got put on Message Board Geniuses for this but I agree with the premise that we have to hope that some school comes after Narduzzi. No, it wont be a bigger program like Nebraska. But maybe some trickle down will lead to say a Purdue or Maryland or someone like that hiring him. Can you imagine Pitt being able to pocket buyout money AND getting a coach who understands the modern game?

He'd be a good fit here if he realized his limitations and put complete trust in modern offensive coordinators. But his insistence on turning this into a BIG program is a bad idea he'll never let go of. And if you can't do it with this o-line, you can't do it at Pitt.

Keep hoping. There’s no chance a Purdue or Maryland comes after Narduzzi. For the exact reason you keep stating. He’s a mediocre coach with a mediocre record in a mediocre division/conference. Who had an outlier year because of Pickett and Addison. He’s a dime a dozen coach.

The problem is Cig might not be as hopeless as he seems and has been stuck with a garbage QB and disappointing WR and it’s severely limited his options. But Slovis doesn’t have to be set in stone (though his feet certainly seem to be). You… can… try…someone… else. You have three guys collecting a free college tuition just standing there. Someone else deserves a shot now.

I'm afraid that ship has sailed, as the season is going worse than I thought. The pitiful offense looks really bad for Narduzzi, and nobody in the right mind would hire him.

As I feared, Narduzzi is going to take Abanakanda's record game and want it to work against every opponent.

I'm afraid that ship has sailed, as the season is going worse than I thought. The pitiful offense looks really bad for Narduzzi, and nobody in the right mind would hire him.

Only way we're getting rid of Narduzzi at this point is a health scare. I'm definitely not rooting for that, although the dude definitely hasn't seen his pecker since the 90s.

Keep hoping. There’s no chance a Purdue or Maryland comes after Narduzzi. For the exact reason you keep stating. He’s a mediocre coach with a mediocre record in a mediocre division/conference. Who had an outlier year because of Pickett and Addison. He’s a dime a dozen coach.
True - but we’re a dime a dozen program

True - but we’re a dime a dozen program
Yes. Glad my wife and I went ti
Knoxville and a bunch of home games last year because it looks truly like 2021 was a generational year. Pathetic and sad this 2022 team. I find it hard to be upset with student athletes but these guys, and their, coaches should feel some remorse. Just piss poor.

Huh??

I don’t understand a word of this. I said Cignettis offense sucks and his failure to make changes at half time to compensate for the pressure Louisville was putting on.

Narduzzi has been nothing short of fantastic. I get we are your rival and you’d love for us to fire head coach a year offer the best season Pitt had in 40 years, but considering your favorite coach has a 15% winning percentage against top 20 teams maybe pump the breaks.

Maybe hailtopitt, whoever that is, deserves the razzing for being an emotional douchebag?

Huh??

I don’t understand a word of this. I said Cignettis offense sucks and his failure to make changes at half time to compensate for the pressure Louisville was putting on.

Narduzzi has been nothing short of fantastic. I get we are your rival and you’d love for us to fire head coach a year offer the best season Pitt had in 40 years, but considering your favorite coach has a 15% winning percentage against top 20 teams maybe pump the breaks.

Maybe hailtopitt, whoever that is, deserves the razzing for being an emotional douchebag?
Fantastic? Huh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT