ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi ties Pop Warner on the All Time win list

No, I looked at it. Impressive. I was not a Pat Narduzzi fan when he was hired, he won me over. This year may have been his best coaching year, its clear he (or staff) really can get the players to a better level playing. So much improvement over the year. Im deeply worried about LB next year, but other than that I agree with Peak that 8 wins looks to be a floor for Pitt, which is a good place to be.
How anyone can look at this year and call it a good coaching job is baffling.

This team player what might be the weakest schedule he’s played and returned a boat load of people from the ACC title team…the only good team they played was Tennessee.

Reactions: DanMarinoFan1970
Yeah, Walt isnt even close. Wlat was a total embarrassment quite honestly.

It is as if people do not remember what things were like when Harris took over.

As always, context matters. Harris took over a program that won nine games in the three seasons before he got here. Not each season. Combined. And that won three games in each of the two seasons before that. And in his last three seasons we won nine, eight and eight. He was giving us Narduzzi results while starting at a much, much lower place than Narduzzi did.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8

As always, context matters. Harris took over a program that won nine games in the three seasons before he got here. Not each season. Combined. And that won three games in each of the two seasons before that. And in his last three seasons we won nine, eight and eight. He was giving us Narduzzi results while starting at a much, much lower place than Narduzzi did.
And no matter how much revisionist history people like to throw out there, chryst left Narduzzi with a pretty talented team, especially on the offensive side

You basically just described the Coastal every single year. The 2004 Big East had 4 teams with 2 losses. In 10 seasons since Pitt joined the Coastal, a team with less than 2 conferences losses has won the Coastal only 3 times.

Walt's Big East had prime Miami and much better VT and WVU teams. Those three teams would be at the top of the current Coastal most years.
Yes, he also lost to Toledo, Rutgers and Temple twice. Look, I'm not minimizing what Walt Harris did here. He basically raised the program from the dead. But in the end, the best he could do was to back into a four way tie for a championship in a decimated Big East.

No, I agree with you, I am not saying Harris did a bad job, he did a good job actually. I am saying he personally was an embarrassment

And no matter how much revisionist history people like to throw out there, chryst left Narduzzi with a pretty talented team, especially on the offensive side

Absolutely! who can forget that vaulted 2014 Pitt football defensive powerhouse that had 18 sacks! But that is because we spent so much time intercepting 10 passes all year and not scoring a defensive TD... NOT ONE

But, yes, the cupboards were stacked with that teams leading tacklers of Todd Thomas, Anthony Gonzalez, Ray Vinopal and Reggie Mitchell. I am not sure if Canton has enshrined them all, but it is coming no doubt. Sack machines Rori Blair and David Dunham lead the defense, that one can only be described as 'havoc reekers'

It may go down as possibly the greatest defense in NCAA history. I mean, if the 59th ranked run defense in the nation doesnt turn you on, then surely giving up nearly 27 points per game also being 59th in the nation must! Sure, it could have been better if not for, I am guessing the GRUELLING 62nd best strength of schedule (Pitt is in 55th in SOS this year)

This juggernaut of defensive wizardry proudly made it to the Armed Forces Bowl, thanks in no part to a horrible offense with 2 measly future NFL all pros James Conner and Tyler Boyd, and barely lost despite holding an incredible Houston offense to ... and please the weak of heart sit down for this one... UNDER 500 yards! at 489, while kindly allowing Houston to not turn the ball over once or a single sack. I am sure a Ken Burns documentary about the extreme performance is in the works now, please watch out for it!

Reactions: doubleAA's
Absolutely! who can forget that vaulted 2014 Pitt football defensive powerhouse that had 18 sacks! But that is because we spent so much time intercepting 10 passes all year and not scoring a defensive TD... NOT ONE

But, yes, the cupboards were stacked with that teams leading tacklers of Todd Thomas, Anthony Gonzalez, Ray Vinopal and Reggie Mitchell. I am not sure if Canton has enshrined them all, but it is coming no doubt. Sack machines Rori Blair and David Dunham lead the defense, that one can only be described as 'havoc reekers'

It may go down as possibly the greatest defense in NCAA history. I mean, if the 59th ranked run defense in the nation doesnt turn you on, then surely giving up nearly 27 points per game also being 59th in the nation must! Sure, it could have been better if not for, I am guessing the GRUELLING 62nd best strength of schedule (Pitt is in 55th in SOS this year)

This juggernaut of defensive wizardry proudly made it to the Armed Forces Bowl, thanks in no part to a horrible offense with 2 measly future NFL all pros James Conner and Tyler Boyd, and barely lost despite holding an incredible Houston offense to ... and please the weak of heart sit down for this one... UNDER 500 yards! at 489, while kindly allowing Houston to not turn the ball over once or a single sack. I am sure a Ken Burns documentary about the extreme performance is in the works now, please watch out for it!
Tell me how many guys that went on to play in the league did Pat inherit?

beats me? Avonte Maddox and Ryan Lewis? Looking at the players that made tackles that year, hardly any I can see
Maddox, Lewis, ejuan price, tyrique jarrett, Lafayette pitt’s, Nicholas grigsby, bam Bradley, and that’s just on defense!!!!

On offense he left Tyler Boyd, qadree ollison, Tyler boyd, jp holtz, James Conner, and Adam bisnowaty! That doesn’t even include darrin hall and Dorian Johnson who were great players at Pitt but never quite got into an nfl roster.

The funny thing is this is all very early to look up. Chryst left Narduzzi a damn good foundation. Not sure why you feel the need to discount this.

Maddox, Lewis, ejuan price, tyrique jarrett, Lafayette pitt’s, Nicholas grigsby, bam Bradley, and that’s just on defense!!!!

On offense he left Tyler Boyd, qadree ollison, Tyler boyd, jp holtz, James Conner, and Adam bisnowaty! That doesn’t even include darrin hall and Dorian Johnson who were great players at Pitt but never quite got into an nfl roster.

The funny thing is this is all very early to look up. Chryst left Narduzzi a damn good foundation. Not sure why you feel the need to discount this.

You are legitimately insane.

I did look it up before I wrote it, as I said

1Anthony Gonzalez136219815.01.0210
2Todd Thomas134924735.50.0100.00310
3Matt Galambos134229714.50.011919.001
4Ray Vinopal134325682.00.02136.5052
5Reggie Mitchell134318613.01.072
6Lafayette Pitts13327391.00.023115.506
7Bam Bradley112313364.02.012121.001
8Terrish Webb82310331.00.02115.501
9Darryl Render101814326.02.041
10Avonte Maddox11266320.00.03
11Shakir Soto111516311.00.0
12David Durham111614303.53.0210
13Nicholas Grigsby13217284.03.02
14Khaynin Mosley-Smith9189272.00.0310
15Pat Amara8108181.00.0100.001
16Rori Blair8113145.55.02
17Ryan Lewis48190.00.0
18Justin Moody96391.01.01
19Tyrique Jarrett41780.00.0
20Luke Maclean33361

Again, if you think this is the '27 Yankees, then great for you. You must think Narduzzi is one hell of a recruiter now, if you call this stocking the cupboard, then now you must think we are like Alabama, cause half the team gets NFL invites

You are such a clown, it is difficult to take anything you say even remotely seriously. It is to a point, I am just going to ignore you and your other insertnamefan19xx accounts.

How can you say with a straight face that a defense in the lower half of college football is giving Narduzzi talent.

But beyond that, it doesnt even matter. Pitt's defenses have been ranked far higher with the guys Narduzzi has recruited. Pitt is ranked 19th currently in defense, had 3 times the number of sacks as Chryst's teams and about 50 fewer yards per game.

You are legitimately insane.

I did look it up before I wrote it, as I said

1Anthony Gonzalez136219815.01.0210
2Todd Thomas134924735.50.0100.00310
3Matt Galambos134229714.50.011919.001
4Ray Vinopal134325682.00.02136.5052
5Reggie Mitchell134318613.01.072
6Lafayette Pitts13327391.00.023115.506
7Bam Bradley112313364.02.012121.001
8Terrish Webb82310331.00.02115.501
9Darryl Render101814326.02.041
10Avonte Maddox11266320.00.03
11Shakir Soto111516311.00.0
12David Durham111614303.53.0210
13Nicholas Grigsby13217284.03.02
14Khaynin Mosley-Smith9189272.00.0310
15Pat Amara8108181.00.0100.001
16Rori Blair8113145.55.02
17Ryan Lewis48190.00.0
18Justin Moody96391.01.01
19Tyrique Jarrett41780.00.0
20Luke Maclean33361

Again, if you think this is the '27 Yankees, then great for you. You must think Narduzzi is one hell of a recruiter now, if you call this stocking the cupboard, then now you must think we are like Alabama, cause half the team gets NFL invites

You are such a clown, it is difficult to take anything you say even remotely seriously. It is to a point, I am just going to ignore you and your other insertnamefan19xx accounts.

How can you say with a straight face that a defense in the lower half of college football is giving Narduzzi talent.

But beyond that, it doesnt even matter. Pitt's defenses have been ranked far higher with the guys Narduzzi has recruited. Pitt is ranked 19th currently in defense, had 3 times the number of sacks as Chryst's teams and about 50 fewer yards per game.
I’ll ask again, if they were so untalented how did all those guys play in the NFL?

I’ll ask again, if they were so untalented how did all those guys play in the NFL?

They didnt play in the NFL. My message about how little those guys played got deleted for some reason.

Again, if you think these guys and this team was stacked, then you clearly love Narduzzi's defense now which was rated far higher, and have many more guys with NFL cups of tea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT