ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Peterman struggling

panther.fan

Redshirt
Dec 4, 2016
Saw he had 4 interceptions and its not even half time. Havent been watching the game, but sounds terrible. I was really pulling for him. Really bad weekend for Pitt sports.

Going to be tough mentally to recover from this. Hopefully he is able to persevere as I don’t remember seeing a debut quite this bad.

It’s sad. He won’t get a shot anywhere after this. To think it that FB would’ve just caught the ball and not batted it straight up in the air for first int what might have been?

And I started him in Draft Kings because he was super cheap and it allowed me to get better guys at other positions.

This is quite sad. It is tough to start as a rookie (especially in that situation), but this is a national embarrassment now. I don't believe that he would be this bad of a NFL quarterback in the long run (but this perception may not get him another start).

His coach will get plenty of grief over this too. Maybe Peterman will be seen as a guy who was mishandled by his coach

His coach will get plenty of grief over this too. Maybe Peterman will be seen as a guy who was mishandled by his coach
Yea the coach said earlier in the week that Tyrod was the starter and then out of nowhere later in the week name Peterman starter. He is going to take that decision right on the chin.

Other than Marino, Pitt QB's in the NFL have been hideous. I saw one of those stupid on-line lists of the 10 worst NFL starting QB's of all-time. Palko and Van Pelt were on it. Savage and now Peterman are making a strong case now.

Other than Marino, Pitt QB's in the NFL have been hideous. I saw one of those stupid on-line lists of the 10 worst NFL starting QB's of all-time. Palko and Van Pelt were on it. Savage and now Peterman are making a strong case now.
Palko? Did he even play enough to make a list like that?

His offense and coach didn't put him in a good position to succeed. I hope he gets another chance because he's way better than this.

Reactions: panther.fan
Peterman is a strong dude. He's gonna come back from this. He's got a long road ahead. This might be a funny footnote in his career.

Savage had a decent day right? And I always thought Peterman would be a better pro. Hope he gets more chances.

Reactions: cptblood
That was an impossible situation to be put in. His coach waved the white flag on their season when they pulled their qb, and replaced him with a raw rookie who everyone knew was a project. The rest of the team saw the white flag, and played accordingly. This is a move you make late in the year, when you're out of contention, not when you hold a playoff spot. If Peterman was a first round pick, I could see it, but everyone knows it's going to take him some time. Why throw him out there now, especially on the road?

ADVERTISEMENT