ADVERTISEMENT

Nation's best wrestlers coming to Johnstown for Who's No. 1 event

Eric_Knopsnyder

Scholarship
Apr 1, 2022
Stoystown, PA
Huge news for wrestling fans in Western Pennsylvania, as FloWrestling announced on Thursday that Who's No. 1 will be held at Pitt-Johnstown on Sept. 29.
Here's my story for The (Johnstown) Tribune-Democrat.
For those who don't know, the goal of Who's No. 1 is to bring the top two ranked wrestlers in each weight class together to determine which one gets Flo's No. 1 ranking. Of course, it gets a little more confusing than that due to weight changes, schedule conflicts, injuries, etc. I attended it a couple of times when it was held at Lehigh and it's an amazing event.
Flo hasn't announced a start time yet, but my guess would be late afternoon. They also haven't said when tickets will go on sale, but if you're interested, I'd get them early. Bo Bassett is scheduled to face Daniel Zepeda, the last high school wrestler to beat him, and Jax Forrest has also committed to wrestle, so I expect tickets to go quickly.
I don't remember Pitt-Johnstown's seating capacity -- I think it's between 2,000 and 3,000 -- but there is a second level where fans always stand for sporting events.
It should be a fun night!

Huge news for wrestling fans in Western Pennsylvania, as FloWrestling announced on Thursday that Who's No. 1 will be held at Pitt-Johnstown on Sept. 29.
Here's my story for The (Johnstown) Tribune-Democrat.
For those who don't know, the goal of Who's No. 1 is to bring the top two ranked wrestlers in each weight class together to determine which one gets Flo's No. 1 ranking. Of course, it gets a little more confusing than that due to weight changes, schedule conflicts, injuries, etc. I attended it a couple of times when it was held at Lehigh and it's an amazing event.
Flo hasn't announced a start time yet, but my guess would be late afternoon. They also haven't said when tickets will go on sale, but if you're interested, I'd get them early. Bo Bassett is scheduled to face Daniel Zepeda, the last high school wrestler to beat him, and Jax Forrest has also committed to wrestle, so I expect tickets to go quickly.
I don't remember Pitt-Johnstown's seating capacity -- I think it's between 2,000 and 3,000 -- but there is a second level where fans always stand for sporting events.
It should be a fun night!
Great Event!! I’ve been to two at Lehigh. Great wrestlers and wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT