ADVERTISEMENT

Navy raises the bar of cool helmets

helmets different for each position group? That is cool, didn't know that was within rules. (for the record, im cool with NCAA making exception if it's not). Good thing Whitehead didn't go to navy, he'd have to change helmets..

Those are nice, but I think it only works for Navy. Someone else will attempt copy and it will be hideous. Maybe Penn State can have a different helmet for each victim. Right now I think they have a different helmet for each ranked team Franklin has beaten over his career.

Those are nice, but I think it only works for Navy. Someone else will attempt copy and it will be hideous. Maybe Penn State can have a different helmet for each victim. Right now I think they have a different helmet for each ranked team Franklin has beaten over his career.

Pitt could add a small action shot of the best Pitt player at each position on the side of the helmet - Hugh Green, Tony D., Danny M., D. Revis, etc. etc...

OK, not as cool as Navy, but a good way to show Pitt's tradition of great players...

Go Pitt.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Pitt could add a small action shot of the best Pitt player at each position on the side of the helmet - Hugh Green, Tony D., Danny M., D. Revis, etc. etc...

OK, not as cool as Navy, but a good way to show Pitt's tradition of great players...

Go Pitt.
Great idea to celebrate the previous PITT stars and maybe it would move them to be more involved in the PITT program.

Actually NAVY has for decades tweaked the unis for Beat ARMY

In the early 60s they came up with iridescent orange helmets (well as close to that as they could produce ) for RB s and WRs...

But yes this is awesome...good get for posting here

Those are pretty sweet. I really can't believe that's within the rules either, but the NCAA would have to be pretty lame to not allow it still.

Maybe next year Pitt can play a game on Columbus Day and the offense, defense, and special teams can put the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria on their helmets. Those would still be better than the dinocat or probably even the block Pitt helmets.

These helmets are going to look unbelievable lined up down the line of scrimmage!

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ts-uniforms-army-game-ships-boats-kaboom-2015

These out do anything Maryland or Oregon has come up with.

These out do anything Maryland or Oregon has come up with.

In a bad way.

I guess I'm old school but this whole changing helmets like you change underwear trend is disgraceful. Tradition should mean something in college football. Oregon and Maryland's units are the worst offenders.

You don't see ND, Michigan, USC, OSU or Bama doing this bull$hit.

Badboy,

Have you seen many Notre Dame games lately? The BC game? Also, Ohio St...

When you say you are "old school" I hope that doesn't mean you can't remember what happened in the last 12 months.

OUCH

I have all the respect in world for Navy, but those are ugly. Sort of remind me of those airbrushed vans you'd see from the 70s.

Reactions: JoeScaz
Badboy,

Have you seen many Notre Dame games lately? The BC game? Also, Ohio St...

When you say you are "old school" I hope that doesn't mean you can't remember what happened in the last 12 months.
You're right--didn't see the BC game but I did see the unis on Sportscenter. I forgot about OSU "all-black" unis this year, not sure what game that was in but it wasn't one i watched.

All I can say is, that trend sucks in my opinion.

You don't see ND, Michigan, USC, OSU or Bama doing this bull$hit.

Alternate uniforms worn by "traditional" blueblood schools for a game this year:

Notre Dame:
3.png

Ohio State:
images

Michigan:
2012MichiganUniforms_thumb1.0.jpg

Michigan State:
michiganstateunispng-c890c89b20bc1363.png

Nebraska:
18585303-standard.jpg

Tennessee:
utalternatesjpg-e6e8e34ca3d7a945.jpg

UCLA:
18585131-standard.jpg

Each of the above was worn for at least one game this year.

You need to watch more college football, dude.

Last edited:
Wow, what a gorgeous color, too. Picture that with a gold stripe and the COL on it.

A helmet like these with the COL could be badass.

Then again, if not done well it would look like something else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT