ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Projected draft

neench

Freshman
Aug 17, 2001
I know anything can happen but I have seen 2 mock drafts and Bub Carrington has not been mentioned in the first round. Maybe he will get in the first round or early in the 2nd. I know the money will be there but I hope he did not jump too soon. I was hoping he would go early. Three UCON players in the 1st round.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
The Athletic has him 25th to the Knicks.They also consistently write that it is the weakest draft in recent history. I have been wondering if that is a good thing or not for players coming out. It should be easier to get selected but people who do the selecting for a living are telling you that you are part of one of the weakest classes. The real money is in the second contract so I guess we will see.

Most recent NBADraftNet has him at #18 to Orlando. For what it's worth Blake was the next to last pick in the 2nd round to Memphis

The Athletic has him 25th to the Knicks.They also consistently write that it is the weakest draft in recent history. I have been wondering if that is a good thing or not for players coming out. It should be easier to get selected but people who do the selecting for a living are telling you that you are part of one of the weakest classes. The real money is in the second contract so I guess we will see.

Well if your choices are to be drafted in the 20s in a weak draft or wait another year and get picked in the second round of a strong draft, which also means delaying getting to a potential second contract by another year, it would seem that would be an easy choice.

In fact one might argue that if you were looking for the definition of the term "no brainer", that would pretty much be it.

Plus once you get to a team it really doesn't matter, not even a little bit, if your overall draft year was strong or weak. It only matters what you do once you get there.

The question of course is if the scouts are correct and you are not good enough to play in the league. You are correct in that you can only control what you do, so betting on yourself is never a bad move

I know anything can happen but I have seen 2 mock drafts and Bub Carrington has not been mentioned in the first round. Maybe he will get in the first round or early in the 2nd. I know the money will be there but I hope he did not jump too soon. I was hoping he would go early. Three UCON players in the 1st round.

It’s been a couple weeks ago when I looked but back then, one mock had him going 8th and the other 3 I looked at all had him within the last 3 picks of the 1st round.

Jeff Goodman just re tweeted an NBA gm who said this draft is absolutely awful. His last comment was it is the type of draft that people lose their jobs over.

Jeff Goodman just re tweeted an NBA gm who said this draft is absolutely awful. His last comment was it is the type of draft that people lose their jobs over.
Well if this draft is absolutely awful and Bub’s most common projection is somewhere in the last 2 or 3 picks of the 1st round, I guess he’ll have a good bit of work ahead of him.

Reactions: Scasten17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT