ADVERTISEMENT

Neal Brown - Just enjoy it...

He's gone insane...

I ask you fellow Pitt fans: Was it fun last year or so far this year? I guess winning makes it fun.
I don't think it's that ridiculous of an answer. He isn't saying winning doesn't matter nor is he saying that he expects fans to show up for the team no matter how bad they are. I'm sure he would deliver the message a little differently if given another chance at the question, but the message is reasonable in my opinion.

Reactions: bwh05 and pittbb80
I don't think it's that ridiculous of an answer. He isn't saying winning doesn't matter nor is he saying that he expects fans to show up for the team no matter how bad they are. I'm sure he would deliver the message a little differently if given another chance at the question, but the message is reasonable in my opinion.
In the big scheme of life, he has a point. However in my opinion, you never say those things out loud. If Narduzzi was to say that, this board would have a meltdown.

In the big scheme of life, he has a point. However in my opinion, you never say those things out loud. If Narduzzi was to say that, this board would have a meltdown.
The WVU internet following is unhinged and they want to be mad at Neal Brown so anything that they think helps them stay mad is golden. They lost to a top 15 team and didn't exactly embarrass themselves doing it. They're 3-3 with all three losses against ranked teams. If they paid more attention to their team and ignored the conference realignment stuff for a while, I think they'd understand that this isn't bad compared to what it could be.

The WVU internet following is unhinged and they want to be mad at Neal Brown so anything that they think helps them stay mad is golden. They lost to a top 15 team and didn't exactly embarrass themselves doing it. They're 3-3 with all three losses against ranked teams. If they paid more attention to their team and ignored the conference realignment stuff for a while, I think they'd understand that this isn't bad compared to what it could be.

That's got to be a tough job. Recent big-time success (hell, we still have Pitt fans citing the 70s). No recruiting base. Etc.

But why do they keep playing 11 P4 games/year? Pitt and Penn State the last two years. Pitt and Virginia Tech before that. Not sure why they do that when they play 9 conference games.

That's got to be a tough job. Recent big-time success (hell, we still have Pitt fans citing the 70s). No recruiting base. Etc.

But why do they keep playing 11 P4 games/year? Pitt and Penn State the last two years. Pitt and Virginia Tech before that. Not sure why they do that when they play 9 conference games.
They need to play Pitt and Penn State to get any sort of attention in the media markets they purport to be part of. They completely dropped off the face of the earth in the Pittsburgh media market when they weren't playing Pitt.

Reactions: pittmeister
They need to play Pitt and Penn State to get any sort of attention in the media markets they purport to be part of. They completely dropped off the face of the earth in the Pittsburgh media market when they weren't playing Pitt.

I'm not an avid FAN listener, but are they ever talked about even when they are playing Pitt? I mean, outside of that actual week. And I know the morning host is a WVU guy, as is Fillipponi's wife. But they still seem like an afterthought either way. I would think their past national relevance had as much to do with them receiving attention as playing Pitt did.

I mean, I'm not advocating for them to drop the Pitt game, but it should be FCS and G5 after that.

He's gone insane...

I ask you fellow Pitt fans: Was it fun last year or so far this year? I guess winning makes it fun.
Honestly, I dont think what he said was all that bad. Of course winning is a heck of a lot more fun than losing.

But by way of example, even if Pitts team had dropped a few games the brand of football is a heck of a lot more entertaining than last years team especially on offense. So he does have somewhat of a point.

Reactions: pittmeister
I'm not an avid FAN listener, but are they ever talked about even when they are playing Pitt? I mean, outside of that actual week. And I know the morning host is a WVU guy, as is Fillipponi's wife. But they still seem like an afterthought either way. I would think their past national relevance had as much to do with them receiving attention as playing Pitt did.

I mean, I'm not advocating for them to drop the Pitt game, but it should be FCS and G5 after that.
not really to be honest. The WVU Hoops team got a lot of local coverage under Huggins. He'd call in and alot of the 93.7 hosts would give that program some publicity, not so much recently though..

WVU football, very rarely ever mentioned as far as when i listen. . Big 12 didnt help

not really to be honest. The WVU Hoops team got a lot of local coverage under Huggins. He'd call in and alot of the 93.7 hosts would give that program some publicity, not so much recently though..

WVU football, very rarely ever mentioned as far as when i listen. . Big 12 didnt help
Agreed, I listen quite a bit & haven’t heard much about them beyond Backyard Brawl week.

Honestly, I dont think what he said was all that bad. Of course winning is a heck of a lot more fun than losing.

But by way of example, even if Pitts team had dropped a few games the brand of football is a heck of a lot more entertaining than last years team especially on offense. So he does have somewhat of a point.
I agree, on a certain level what he said was true. But honesty will get fired or throw out of office...

In my opinion, you always talk about winning when addressing the fan base. It's bad for business to say otherwise. It's bad for concessions, bad for ticket sales and most of all bad for furniture stores that provide couches for burning....

Those moonshiners long for the days of Pat White. They will now settle for nothing less...

But no worries! Nick Saban or Jimbo Fisher will be coming out of retirement to save the day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT